• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It sleeps up to 8 people. That's only $262.50-$362.50 per person per night. When y'all have your renewal of vows ceremony just get 4 couples, 8 people. I will only need it for 4 nights. So if we

I was just at Trader Sams in march. If it's like the one at DL I think it'll be my new favorite stop on my monorail pub crawl. It's really cool.

No, not in the quick serve place.  But there will be one in every new bungalow.  All the Dole Whip you can eat, for only $4000/night. 

Thanks for the definition of "sarcasm" Dave

As my academic education ended at the 9th grade, I never got to the "S" words, so any help with words beginning with the letters "S" through "Z" is greatly appreciated.

I did pass the "F" words with flying colors.

Don't worry, Lou.  I have a couple more words I could teach you.  Unfortunately, Jen, in her infinite wisdom, filtered them out when programming FF.net.  I'll have to post them to your favorite "F word".....Facebook.     

:rofl2:

Mo some blogger I follow on Instagram said they complained about the grilled cheese and they said they would put it in their report maybe enough will complain.

What was in it anyway?

Deliciousness!  8)

It was Swiss, Boursin, and cheddar, on a yummy, hearty, whole grain sunflower bread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Put me in the camp of those that like the new sign/name.  The changes to the whole entrance are much nicer than the little sign, and more in keeping with the "grand entrances" of the other, newer resorts.

Oh but to Lou's point... yeah, I'll still call it the Poly.

• 2 months later...

From the Disney Parks Blog...

You’ve probably heard about the exciting re-imagining taking place at one of the original Walt Disney World Resort hotels, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, and today we have more news to share about Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows.

Check out this just-released rendering of the new Disney Vacation Club Bungalows, the first of their kind on any Disney property. The 20 Bungalows will sleep up to eight guests each in a home-like setting reminiscent of the South Pacific. My favorite feature though has to be the plunge pool overlooking Seven Seas Lagoon, and the view of the fireworks over Magic Kingdom Park.

Disney_Vacation_Club_Bungalow-613x373.jp

Adding to the excitement, we are opening the largest Deluxe Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort. The 360 Deluxe Studios will sleep up to five guests each and have the ability to connect to another Deluxe Studio, the first time we have done this at a Disney Vacation Club Resort. Similar to Disney Cruise Line ships and The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, the rooms will each have a bathroom separated into two areas, one with a shower and sink and the other with a sink and tub/shower. Plus, they also will have kitchenettes and enhanced storage space for convenience and comfort.

Disney_Vacation_Club_Deluxe_Studio-613x4

Another great part? Like all Disney Vacation Club Resorts, all rooms at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows are available for rent by guests when not in use by Disney Vacation Club Members!

The addition of Disney Vacation Club to this beloved resort is part of an overall renovation. A re-imagined Great Ceremonial House will welcome guests to a tropical destination where Disney magic meets South Seas hospitality. Also included is an enhanced feature pool and new food and beverage offerings, including Pineapple Lanai where Members and guests can get their favorite Dole Whip treats and Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto, which will feature exotic cocktails and Polynesian-themed small plates. Earlier this year, the resort opened a brand-new children’s activity center called Lilo’s Playhouse.

Polynesian_Lobbysmall.jpg

TraderSams_03_Tikismall.jpg

The first phase of Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows is scheduled to open in 2015. Stay tuned as we continue to share more news in the coming months!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/12/new-details-announced-for-disneys-polynesian-villas-and-bungalows/

I have some pictures still on the camera from a couple of weeks ago to dig up.  They're cruising on the construction and these are going to be VERY cool.

Thanks Kelly. I assume that's per kid....so for us $30 an hour. That would be brutal if we were out and about for 6-7 hours.

Agreed. My mom and I did it for 1 kid for about 4 hours. It was a nice adult night. I also think it was $12 an hour when we did it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard anything official beyond the "2015" floated this spring, but I did find this article where there was an event at DL in October and they highlighted designs for some merchandise - still no dates for opening though...

http://www.slammie.com/atomicgrog/blog/2014/10/07/trader-sams-grog-grotto-design-merchandise-revealed-during-mahaloween-event-at-disneyland/