A Shining New Era is Tiptoeing Nearer for the TCD Gang

I took this photo in the gift shop to use in the "Where in the World" thread here on ff.net, but I decided it was too hard:

52314123_zpsccd6f59d.jpg

That was on a door in the shop. Do you think it is from a Disney movie? If so, which one?

I have no idea the origin, but I'm appalled that you can see the heads of the drywall screws they slapped it up there with! WTHIGOH! Are you sure this wasn't taken at Six Flags?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a photo that makes me smile.   The backstory on this is that one of Twin #2's roommates ended up being a "friend of" Stitch.  She told Twin #2 to come visit her in Tomorrowland one day, and the

Leia is definitely following you. At least it is the 1983 version following you and not the 2014 version.

I'm in...  page 5 ?    I need to stop working and spend more time here...   Thanks for the princess photos. 

I have several comments :

I think Elsa is a girl,  I can't see a guy holding the dress in his right hand,  he would just walk and trip over it.

I'm not sure, but does anyone else think that Karl looks like Peter Griffith ?   

As far as your Elsa photo...  Come on man....   She is in the presence of TCD !   She probably was scared to death.   Some people just can't handle meeting stars....

As for the "solo traveller" crack, I take personal offense! There are plenty of times I have to go to a park by myself because the girls would rather sleep in. Neither one has been to DHS in recent memory, they just don't care for it so I always go there by myself. Stinky Pete looks to be having a grand time so who cares if his travel mates would rather lounge by the pool, me and Pete are going to show our Disney Side!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Elsa, Anna, and Aurora all appear to be girls so all is right with the world.

College kids are prone to thinking sleep doesn't matter......and then the real world starts after college and all you can think about is how you can maybe sneak in some sleep somewhere in your schedule.

College kids are prone to thinking sleep doesn't matter......and then the real world starts after college and all you can think about is how you can maybe sneak in some sleep somewhere in your schedule.

Wait. Wait. Sleep matters? oh crap. I am screwed.

I like the UP family.

I don't think I'd mind the Equine Excrement Technician job.  Chances are you wouldn't be pestered by any customers, so the only crap you'd have to take is from the horses......

How is Twin 1 going to run the Disney Parks Blog?  Won't she be too busy running the World???

Photo Pass guy for the win.

Good job on the FP+ for Anna & Elsa.  Can we now put the whole standby wait time debacle to bed?

Poor Levi.  She should have gotten a few winks the night before.

Maybe you could petition to have Disney make the new filled in moat area (which is supposed to be grass, right?) a 'sitting only' area.  I'd sign.

Tri-Circle-D, on 05 Jun 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:snapback.png

52314123_zpsccd6f59d.jpg

I have no idea the origin, but I'm appalled that you can see the heads of the drywall screws they slapped it up there with! WTHIGOH! Are you sure this wasn't taken at Six Flags? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought the same thing.  Not very 'Disney-like'.  Nice reference to Six Flags....

How did I get 3 pages behind?  I just got caught up yesterday!

How do I get to ride in one of the vehicles driving down Main Street?  It may seem corny to some, but I would absolutely love that!

get there in the morning and climb aboard. The have stops setup near the train station. 

I have no idea the origin, but I'm appalled that you can see the heads of the drywall screws they slapped it up there with! WTHIGOH! Are you sure this wasn't taken at Six Flags? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good catch.  I didn't notice those screws when I was there in person, but there they are.

Not Disney-like at all.

But not quite Six Flags.  I believe at Six Flags, there would be some wads of gum affixed to the sign.

I have several comments :

I think Elsa is a girl,  I can't see a guy holding the dress in his right hand,  he would just walk and trip over it.

I'm not sure, but does anyone else think that Karl looks like Peter Griffith ?   

As far as your Elsa photo...  Come on man....   She is in the presence of TCD !   She probably was scared to death.   Some people just can't handle meeting stars....

I am not sure about that dress holding theory.  If a dude is going to leave the house looking like that, it isn't hard for me to believe that he would know how to hold his dress.

I didn't think Karl looked very much like Karl, except he got the cane right.

I'm pretty sure that college girls don't read TCD TR's, so I'm not sure that Elsa recognized me.

Poor Twin #2!  I hope she got some sleep during the day.

I'm surprised MK doesn't look more crowded.

We will be getting to the problem of Twin #2's lack of sleep soon.

Good point about the lack of crowds- as you can see from some of those shots from the Peoplemover, it really wasn't very crowded in the early morning.  But, the crowds are on their way.

As for the "solo traveller" crack, I take personal offense! There are plenty of times I have to go to a park by myself because the girls would rather sleep in. Neither one has been to DHS in recent memory, they just don't care for it so I always go there by myself. Stinky Pete looks to be having a grand time so who cares if his travel mates would rather lounge by the pool, me and Pete are going to show our Disney Side! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey now, I didn't mean any offense.  There's nothing wrong with going to the park solo.  But, it's just a bit odd to me that this old dude also shows up dressed in great detail like a cartoon character.  Something ain't right there.

Perhaps if you ever attend one of these, you and Stinky Pete could agree to go as Anna and Elsa?  That would make an epic photo.

Elsa, Anna, and Aurora all appear to be girls so all is right with the world.

You're right about the college kids.  Now imagine six college kids who love Disney who have just arrived to spend six months living together and working there.  That's Twin #2's apartment.  I don't think much sleep happens there.  Not at night anyway.

Wait. Wait. Sleep matters? oh crap. I am screwed.

You're young.

You can still cheat the system.

But, the time is coming.

I like the UP family.

I don't think I'd mind the Equine Excrement Technician job.  Chances are you wouldn't be pestered by any customers, so the only crap you'd have to take is from the horses......

How is Twin 1 going to run the Disney Parks Blog?  Won't she be too busy running the World???

Photo Pass guy for the win.

Good job on the FP+ for Anna & Elsa.  Can we now put the whole standby wait time debacle to bed?

Poor Levi.  She should have gotten a few winks the night before.

Maybe you could petition to have Disney make the new filled in moat area (which is supposed to be grass, right?) a 'sitting only' area.  I'd sign.

Lou is right.

You're alright, Jeff.

Love the Equine Excrement Technician name.  That's perfect.

Twin #1 has a few stops to make on her way to running the world.  Running the Disney Parks Blog is one of those stops.

LOL @ Levi.  I meant to start calling her that.  I'll have to revive that idea.

Good idea on that petition.  I don't even care if people stand.  Just no kids on shoulders and no iPad photography, and I'm good.  Oh, and no monster strollers.

I thought the same thing.  Not very 'Disney-like'.  Nice reference to Six Flags....

It's been a long time since I've been to a Six Flags park.  There are none in Florida.

Indeed jmaul..........poor Levi.

:rofl2:

Agreed.  Poor Levi.

Good one.

TCD

Hey now, I didn't mean any offense.  There's nothing wrong with going to the park solo.  But, it's just a bit odd to me that this old dude also shows up dressed in great detail like a cartoon character.  Something ain't right there.

So I'm an old dudette.  I often visit the parks solo.  If I had been there for the 24 hour event I would have dressed like a character too.  Probably Snow White because she has a short-sleeved dress.

I ain't right.  What else is new ...

How did I get 3 pages behind?  I just got caught up yesterday!

How do I get to ride in one of the vehicles driving down Main Street?  It may seem corny to some, but I would absolutely love that!

get there in the morning and climb aboard. The have stops setup near the train station. 

Yup.

But having that many of them there on one morning is not typical.  I haven't seen that double decker bus for a while.  We have also seen the vehicles late at night- including an old fire engine that you can ride on.  But, it has gotten rare.

The horse and trolley are usually there, though.  Like Jason said, there are designated stops around the flagpole area.

You need to let it go.

LOL. I get it!

So I'm an old dudette.  I often visit the parks solo.  If I had been there for the 24 hour event I would have dressed like a character too.  Probably Snow White because she has a short-sleeved dress.

I ain't right.  What else is new ...

If you were dressed in a fancy Snow White outfit and standing on Main Street at the time, you most definitely would have made your way into a TCD TR.

I'm not sure if I would say you ain't right.  I'd have to see the costume first.  But, probably I would.

TCD

If you were dressed in a fancy Snow White outfit and standing on Main Street at the time, you most definitely would have made your way into a TCD TR.

I'm not sure if I would say you ain't right.  I'd have to see the costume first.  But, probably I would.

:rofl2:  Maybe I should be the fairy godmother instead.  It would be more age appropriate.

Update time.

It's still early in the morning of Friday, May 23.  We are on the Peoplemover, taking in the views around Tomorrowland.  The last update ended with a couple of photos showing the area that is under construction near the Plaza restaurant.

This photo was intended to show you that the Rose Garden area is still intact, but the wall came sooner that I thought it would:

52314139_zps15dc1e8e.jpg

As noted, it wasn't even 9 am yet, and the lines for all the attractions were as short as they were going to be today, but this guy chose to ride the race cars:

52314140_zps6cd5dfcc.jpg

It takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.

I hope he enjoyed that slow ride and the exhaust fumes, and the kid slamming into his car at the end.

The time stamp on my camera says that this photo was taken at 8:42 am.  The park has now been open for 2 hours and 42 minutes.  Where are all the people at?:

52314141_zps3df0d2c3.jpg

We raced the train, and beat it:

52314142_zps8e605f83.jpg

And that was that.

Time for Space Mountain now.

But, first we stopped by this photo op they had.  You were supposed to use your hands to show what time it was on the clock.  A CM was there to pose us.  I think it was 8:44.  I also think this may have worked better with one person at a time:

clock_zps0af8dae2.jpg

I don't think this has ever happened before, but I forgot to look at the camera on Space Mountain:

52314145_zps5becfc91.jpg

That is a pretty big fail on my part, since Twin #2  Levi was doing a reindeer pose (at least I guess that is what she is doing).

After Space Mountain, it was barely past 9.  Now what?

Seeing that train earlier gave me an idea.  Why not take a train ride, relax, and figure out what we wanted to do next?  We already knew that we wanted to go to BOG for lunch when it opened at 10:30, so basically we had an hour to kill.

We hopped on the train.  Initially, the plan was to ride it all the way around the park, and then decide where to exit.  But, on the way to Main Street, we consulted our times guides, and saw that there were going to be some special guests in the 10 Move It Shake It parade.  We thought we would like to see that.  On the way there, I logged on to ff.net, and told anyone reading to look at the live broadcast from the Train Station in a few minutes.

We exited the train, and I waved at the camera.  I think maybe someone saw me, but I don't know of any screen caps.

We had a bit of time to wait before it was parade time, and I thought it would be awesome to sit in one of the rocking chairs they have out on that big porch by Tony's restaurant.  So, we headed there.  All the rockers were taken, so we just got the bench behind Goofy  (you can see Twin #2 Levi sitting back there) :

52314146_zps4e8b591a.jpg

As we sat on that cold, hard bench, we watched for when any guests looked like they might be vacating a rocking chair.  Sure enough, a couple of people started to pack up their stuff, and we swooped in and got their chairs.  This was our view:

52314147_zps0e2c710b.jpg

We were in the shade, and had a great view of the guests entering the park.  I would have been content to sit there for a couple of hours.  But, I knew the parade would be coming soon, so I enjoyed it while I could.

Here are some guests coming in:

52314148_zps454445f5.jpg

Take a closer look at this couple- it's Ariel and Prince Eric. Well done:

arielanderic_zps07d1a722.jpg

For a brief moment, we considered watching the parade from our rocking chairs, but when the parade was about to start, we noticed how no one was lined up to watch the parade in front of us, or around the circle that surrounds the flag pole.  We forgot that this parade doesn't go around that circle-  it just comes out by the Fire House and proceeds straight to Main Street and turns left.  We wouldn't see it from here.  So, we got up and headed down the street.

This time of day, it's the Starbucks side of Main Street that's shady, so the crowd was heavier on our side than on the other, but still, we had no problem finding a place to stop and watch.  And here comes the first float:

52314149_zpsaf317ca9.jpg

I guess there were special characters on the floats, but, truthfully, we never watch this parade, so I didn't know what was special about this parade.  I think it was a big deal that Mrs. Incredible was on this float:

52314151_zps6e1de40f.jpg

But, as for this next float, I knew it was a big deal that the man who put the glad in gladiator was up top:

52314152_zps1f669446.jpg

Yup, it was Mr. Zero to Hero himself.  Who'da thunk?:

52314155_zpsa45e4344.jpg

52314156_zps2803b252.jpg

The next float had Peter Pan on it.  And, yes, I scanned the crowd for BW, but I didn't see her:

52314159_zps1f54db62.jpg

Since we would soon be lining up at BOG, we followed the crowd behind the last float:

52314160_zps0dfc6c29.jpg

And we arrived just in time to see Hercules again as his float circled back around the hub:

52314162_zpsaf736694.jpg

As it says in the song, folks lined up just to watch him flex:

52314166_zps413102ba.jpg

52314168_zpsdce228af.jpg

The song also says when he smiled, the girls went wild.  If you count girls taking selfies as being wild, then the song is true:

52314170_zpse82abdbc.jpg

52314171_zpsf0b70d6a.jpg

And that was our Hercules encounter.  As far as I know, there was no Hercules meet and greet.  He just appeared in the parade.  But, that was good enough for Twin #2 Levi.

Also, please make note of that beautiful blue sky in those photos.  It was a gorgeous day.  And, so far, it had been on the cool and not-so-humid side.  Much more comfortable than I remember it being the year before.

It was about 10:15 now, so we figured it was time to go and see what was what back at BOG.

We passed Fairytale Hall at 10:17, and the Anna and Elsa wait time was now 300 minutes.  That's 5 hours.  If that sign was true, then if we had joined the line then, we would be waiting until 3:17 in the afternoon to spend a couple of rushed minutes with some college girls in wigs and costumes.  Crazy.:

52314173_zps95f86492.jpg

We arrived at BOG at around 10:20, and found a longish line.  It was all the way across the bridge, and maybe half way to Gaston's Tavern.  But, the restaurant wasn't open for 10 more minutes, and we have waited on this long a line before, so we joined the line:

52314174_zpsf7574827.jpg

When the restaurant first opened, the CM's used to direct guests to pack fill all available space on the bridge, and pack in tight, which made the line seem shorter.  They don't do that anymore, and there are big gaps in the line now:

52314175_zpscc280698.jpg

As we stood and waited, that sun in that clear blue sky beat down on us.  It was getting warm.  But, I've stood here in much hotter weather, so it wasn't too bad.  Plus, the people watching was prime.  Here comes what may have been my favorite costume of the day:

52314176_zps7d0f739b.jpg

That is a very good Fairy Godmother costume, isn't it?

In fact, take a closer look:

fgm_zps221871b3.jpg

You like?

Well, sorry to break it to you, but that is 100% a dude.  We had seen him earlier, but I was not able to get his photo.  But then, like a gift, he walked by as we stood in the BOG line. I wish I had seen him later, when he needed a shave.

I missed snapping the shot when this group walked by, but that family down there all has Dalmatian shirts on.  That's an easy thing to do with a group.  Get one Cruella, and the rest of you can be Dalmatians.  Easy:

52314177_zpseed3d056.jpg

Since the restaurant didn't open until 10:30, the line didn't move at first, and we were roasting.  We took turns going and sitting in the shade of the rocks on the other side of the path.  This is a look at the line from the shady spot.  Twin # 2 Levi is just out of the shot on the left.  All the people you see here were in line behind us:

52314178_zps0fad37fc.jpg

A look at the Beast's castle from here- it almost doesn't look fake from this angle:

52314179_zps660156f7.jpg

The line moved slow, but it moved.  Man, there were a lot of FP+ lunch people.  I love it when I have a lunch FP+, but I sure hate it when I don't.

Not to worry, though, we will eventually get in.  In fact, that's where the next update will begin.

Before we were admitted, though, we received a second free memento from Disney for attending the Rock Your Disney Side event.  I'll show you what we got in the next update.

TCD