A Shining New Era is Tiptoeing Nearer for the TCD Gang

This photo was intended to show you that the Rose Garden area is still intact, but the wall came sooner that I thought it would:

52314139_zps15dc1e8e.jpg

Pics, or the Rose Garden is gone.

52314145_zps5becfc91.jpg

I forgot to look at the camera on Space Mountain

That is a pretty big fail on my part, since Twin #2  Levi was doing a reindeer pose (at least I guess that is what she is doing).

The big smile on your face makes up for it.  The time of your life, huh Kid....

This time of day, it's the Starbucks side of Main Street that's shady, so the crowd was heavier on our side than on the other, but still, we had no problem finding a place to stop and watch.  And here comes the first float:

There's a Starbucks on Main Street?

We passed Fairytale Hall at 10:17, and the Anna and Elsa wait time was now 300 minutes.  That's 5 hours.  If that sign was true, then if we had joined the line then, we would be waiting until 3:17 in the afternoon to spend a couple of rushed minutes with some college girls in wigs and costumes.  Crazy.:

52314173_zps95f86492.jpg

I though we were putting this to rest since you got the FP+.

That is a very good Fairy Godmother costume, isn't it?

In fact, take a closer look:

fgm_zps221871b3.jpg

Wouldn't catch me wearing that winter garb in the middle of Florida....

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a photo that makes me smile.   The backstory on this is that one of Twin #2's roommates ended up being a "friend of" Stitch.  She told Twin #2 to come visit her in Tomorrowland one day, and the

Leia is definitely following you. At least it is the 1983 version following you and not the 2014 version.

I'm in...  page 5 ?    I need to stop working and spend more time here...   Thanks for the princess photos. 

Wow - I got so far behind but am now all caught up.  Love this report.  Love all the costumes.  Love all the dudes dressed up as princesses and fairy godmothers.  Love the new minetrain selfies and the not-Starbucks-but-sure-do-look-like-it sandwiches.  Looking forward to more!

Hey now, I didn't mean any offense.  There's nothing wrong with going to the park solo.  But, it's just a bit odd to me that this old dude also shows up dressed in great detail like a cartoon character.  Something ain't right there.

Perhaps if you ever attend one of these, you and Stinky Pete could agree to go as Anna and Elsa?  That would make an epic photo.

TCD

Are you intentionally provoking, or just "getting lucky"?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't been on ff.net in almost a year but came back to this trip report.  Then I went back and read all your other reports from December, New Year's, spring break and the day trips.  Thanks for the good reading!  I even read a few other trip reports, too.  My husband is on a business trip and I have insomnia so this has helped pass the time  I logged back on because we are finally a year out from our next trip!  I know still a long time away but I can start getting excited now.  We have only been that one time during the summer of 2011 so this is a long time coming.

Unfortunately, we won't be staying at the Fort this time around.  Our popup is too small for us now that we have another child.  It's fine for weekend trips but we'd get cramped quickly on a long Disney trip.  We were hoping to upgrade but that doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon.  However, we are almost positive we are going to stay in a suite at Art of Animation.  I think my almost 2 year old will love the Cars suite.  :)  After a week we are going to switch to a Universal hotel so that we can see all the Harry Potter stuff.  We are HP nerds over here so that's almost more exciting for us than Disney.  

So I wanted to make some comments from everything I've read but I didn't take notes and mostly forgot what I was going to say.   Bad memory---Oops!

I have heard about the Osbourne lights for years but never realized until you wrote the guy from Arkansas that Osbourne is the same guy that my husband talks about every time we visit his family in Little Rock.  My husband has fond memories of his Christmas lights and points out the house to me every time we pass it.  :)  

Love the bonus pictures of France, England and Ireland.  :) 

I have enjoyed all of your pictures and learning about fastpass + and magic bands.  Only picking 3 things is going to be hard.  But I maybe able to take advantage of ride swap since right now my little guy is 35 inches?  I am not quite sure how that works but I have plenty of time to learn about it.  

My friend is on her way there to DW now.  She doesn't like taking advice or researching.  She has no clue about fastpass or getting to the parks early. Pretty sure she is going to have some very disappointed kids when they learn of the very long Elsa and Anna wait.  I tried to tell her but she blew me off so I left it alone.  Hoping it goes well for her.

Thanks again for these great reports.  :)

Another great update.

You and Levi got a lot accomplished.

BW should have been given an invite to hang with Mr. Pan at the parade.

She would have shown him her Disney side for sure.

I don't even know how to respond to that.

But, I do admit it is witty.

Wow - I got so far behind but am now all caught up.  Love this report.  Love all the costumes.  Love all the dudes dressed up as princesses and fairy godmothers.  Love the new minetrain selfies and the not-Starbucks-but-sure-do-look-like-it sandwiches.  Looking forward to more!

Glad you like it so far.

There is much more to come!

Are you intentionally provoking, or just "getting lucky"? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not following you.

Do you mean I made a lucky guess by suggesting that you dress like Anna or Elsa?  Do you have one of their dresses?  I hope that I'm mistaken.

Monday evening and no update?

I feel cheated!!

I want my money back!

:rofl2:

As Aaron said below, I was not near a computer yesterday.  But I was near a Trail's End breakfast buffet and a Mine Train, among other things.  And the night before, I met some Fiends I had never met and ate in the Beast's Castle.  Not too bad.

I haven't been on ff.net in almost a year but came back to this trip report.  Then I went back and read all your other reports from December, New Year's, spring break and the day trips.  Thanks for the good reading!  I even read a few other trip reports, too.  My husband is on a business trip and I have insomnia so this has helped pass the time  I logged back on because we are finally a year out from our next trip!  I know still a long time away but I can start getting excited now.  We have only been that one time during the summer of 2011 so this is a long time coming.

Unfortunately, we won't be staying at the Fort this time around.  Our popup is too small for us now that we have another child.  It's fine for weekend trips but we'd get cramped quickly on a long Disney trip.  We were hoping to upgrade but that doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon.  However, we are almost positive we are going to stay in a suite at Art of Animation.  I think my almost 2 year old will love the Cars suite.   :)  After a week we are going to switch to a Universal hotel so that we can see all the Harry Potter stuff.  We are HP nerds over here so that's almost more exciting for us than Disney.  

So I wanted to make some comments from everything I've read but I didn't take notes and mostly forgot what I was going to say.   Bad memory---Oops!

I have heard about the Osbourne lights for years but never realized until you wrote the guy from Arkansas that Osbourne is the same guy that my husband talks about every time we visit his family in Little Rock.  My husband has fond memories of his Christmas lights and points out the house to me every time we pass it.   :)

Love the bonus pictures of France, England and Ireland.   :)

I have enjoyed all of your pictures and learning about fastpass + and magic bands.  Only picking 3 things is going to be hard.  But I maybe able to take advantage of ride swap since right now my little guy is 35 inches?  I am not quite sure how that works but I have plenty of time to learn about it.  

My friend is on her way there to DW now.  She doesn't like taking advice or researching.  She has no clue about fastpass or getting to the parks early. Pretty sure she is going to have some very disappointed kids when they learn of the very long Elsa and Anna wait.  I tried to tell her but she blew me off so I left it alone.  Hoping it goes well for her.

Thanks again for these great reports.   :)

Wow!

Thank you so much for posting.  It's great to hear that you're planning to come back to WDW.

It's funny that you're considering a stay at the Art of Animation resort, because we just spent this past Sunday night there.  We just had a Little Mermaid room, not a suite, but I love that resort.  It was packed full of families with kids, and they all looked like they were having a blast.  I finally got to swim in the Nemo pool, and it's great.  The underwater speakers really work.  I've got photos and commentary to share, but that will come after I finish up with the 24 hour Rock Your Disney Side part of this report.

As for the Magic Bands, and Fastpass+, you have time to get that figured out, and the Rider Swap thing is going to be a great benefit for you.   Things are continuing to evolve with all of this, and a year from now it should be much better than it is now.

I think we all know people who just head to WDW without any kind of plan.  That is an especially bad idea now with all the pre-booking that you can do.  You absolutely should take advantage of that.

I think he is procuring more update material.

Indeed I was.

I have a bunch!  Included, but not limited to, a stay at the Art of Animation Resort (at the discounted CM rate courtesy of Twin #2), a bunch of new Star Wars geek pics (including maybe the weirdest guest ever-and that's saying something), a Fiend meet up,  a surprise dinner in Be Our Guest (and more beer consumed in the MK)  (BTW the Grande Slam may need a new name, as there are now 6 beers on the menu), a couple of FP+ tricks, a 40% off breakfast at Trail's End (again courtesy of Twin #2), and a lot more.

Oh, and it isn't all good.  Karma came and bit me in the butt for bragging about all the Pixie Dust we always experience with the Disney bus system.  I had a very, very bad experience at the Art of Animation MK bus stop.  Like the worst experience ever.  You won't want to miss hearing about that.

TCD

More TCD TR material is always a good thing.

Most of those things you mentioned sound good.

Looking forward to it.

Hold that thought.

I am not sure if anyone else had problems with the site today, but I there were several times today that I couldn't get it to load on my computer or phone.

I was going to try to post an update, but now I'm out of time.

And, I am about to leave on another trip.

To the Keys.

Until next week.

And I'm not bringing a computer.  Which is where all my photos are.  So, I am not going to be able to post an update to this report for a week.

I'm going to look for that lost shaker of salt.

And step on a pop top.

What I'm trying to say is that we are going on hiatus.

But, I'll be back.

And this report will be finished.

As mentioned, there is a whole new batch of Star Wars photos.

And BOG dinner food pics.  Even pics of me with the Beast.

And a gigantic pan of Trail's End BACON.

And more.

But, we are taking a break.

I'm starting my weekend early this week.

Like now.

TCD

Hold that thought.

I am not sure if anyone else had problems with the site today, but I there were several times today that I couldn't get it to load on my computer or phone.

I was going to try to post an update, but now I'm out of time.

And, I am about to leave on another trip.

To the Keys.

Until next week.

And I'm not bringing a computer. Which is where all my photos are. So, I am not going to be able to post an update to this report for a week.

I'm going to look for that lost shaker of salt.

And step on a pop top.

What I'm trying to say is that we are going on hiatus.

But, I'll be back.

And this report will be finished.

As mentioned, there is a whole new batch of Star Wars photos.

And BOG dinner food pics. Even pics of me with the Beast.

And a gigantic pan of Trail's End BACON.

And more.

But, we are taking a break.

I'm starting my weekend early this week.

Like now.

TCD

Isn't it Tuesday?

I think you call that taking a vacation not starting the weekend early. I plan to leave work at noon on Friday, thats starting the weekend early.

I kid, truth is I'm jealous I have to wait till Friday for a long weekend.

It's good be TCD. Enjoy the Keys!

WBI