A Shining New Era is Tiptoeing Nearer for the TCD Gang

I would have been more impressed seeing Goofy also. Your kids have good heads on their shoulders.

Thanks for the story.

It wasn't much of a story.

Of course, if something like that happened now, I would have photos and would be telling you what Barry and his wives/baby mommas ate.

What's the difference? 

Barry is much, much bigger than Goofy.  Especially his head. Huge.

Barry is a DB idiot that cheated and stained America's pastime.

Did I mention he's a DB?

Also, Barry's head is freakishly huge, as mentioned above.

TCD

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a photo that makes me smile.   The backstory on this is that one of Twin #2's roommates ended up being a "friend of" Stitch.  She told Twin #2 to come visit her in Tomorrowland one day, and the

Leia is definitely following you. At least it is the 1983 version following you and not the 2014 version.

I'm in...  page 5 ?    I need to stop working and spend more time here...   Thanks for the princess photos. 

It's Monday.  That means another update is due.

So, here it comes.  We left off with breakfast at Trail's End.  Our cars were parked in the overflow lot, and Twin #2 needed to go because she had to work that afternoon.  So, she headed off for an Outpost bus.

We said goodbye to her here, because Twin #1 and I were going to hit the MK before we left.  The girls needed to visit the restroom, so I was left outside.  I used my time wisely by taking another photo of the future DVC parking lot:

6814316_zps84848d5e.jpg

The side of Pioneer Hall definitely looks different to me.  I need to dig through some old photos to see if something has changed:

6814317_zpsb2beea44.jpg

There are always nice flowers here outside the ticket window:

6814318_zps50e2cb74.jpg

We said goodbye to Twin #2, and headed to the marina.

There's the Settlement Trading Post over yonder- the roses are still in bloom:

6814319_zps424a3247.jpg

And here's a look back to the porch outside of Crockett's Tavern:

6814320_zps6d611051.jpg

The golf cart parking area wasn't packed the way it is on weekends:

6814321_zpsc7ea1e10.jpg

We had seen a boat pull away as we made our way down to the dock, so we knew it would be a little bit before the next one arrived.  We waited on the side of the rental building in the shade.  No need to fry in the sun- we knew there would be room for us on the next boat:

6814322_zpsec8ce627.jpg

The Fort rental fleet:

6814323_zpsba297a26.jpg

Several more guests did show up and line up for the boat, but we stayed in the shade.  So, we were the last ones on the boat, but we still got seats in the back, open area.  Which are covered and the breeziest seats on the boat, other than the front:

6814324_zpsc7e334cb.jpg

Good old Clementine's Beach.  The nicest beach anywhere in WDW:

6814325_zps18d311b6.jpg

There's a fishing boat over there near that cypress head that grows out into Bay Lake:

6814326_zps56cfca16.jpg

Nobody is enjoying the beach today:

6814327_zpsfc79ec45.jpg

We were on the wrong side of the boat for Shoe Tree close-ups, so I just took this one photo as we approached:

6814328_zpsf23fe4ac.jpg

We were on the Discovery Island side of the boat:

6814329_zpsec1dd352.jpg

I'll bet many people don't ever notice the shipwreck anymore- you can barely see it as you approach that end of the island:

6814330_zps8609d539.jpg

But, you can see the shipwreck if you look:

6814333_zpsd5b32a64.jpg

There must have been some kind of budget adjustment for the boat pilots, because they are much more generous with their sticker giveaways than they ever used to be,  The girls would often get stickers when they were little, but just one per customer, and it was not an everyday occurrence.  Well, our boat pilot today was handing two stickers out to everyone:

6814334_zps775e7fcb.jpg

Score!:

6814335_zpsa54331be.jpg

The Contemporary Resort and Bay Lake Tower:

6814336_zpsf49b80dd.jpg

There was a discussion not too long ago here on ff.net about these garden wings of the resort:

6814338_zps7552198a.jpg

I wonder how guests feel about staying in these now?  They seem like they don't belong.

Cool, the express monorail was heading in and the resort monorail was heading out as we passed under:

6814340_zps524f54df.jpg

Passing monorails:

6814342_zps9c0daf4d.jpg

Now we're crossing the water bridge:

6814343_zpsbdf02aa9.jpg

I don't remember seeing this Igloo cooler before.  What the heck is it here for, and who fills it?:

6814344_zps8ec72a0e.jpg

Can't cross the water bridge without at least one photo:

6814345_zps03fd7642.jpg

Man, there's a lot of MK bus stops now:

6814346_zps32f3f2a3.jpg

I'm still not used to the fact that the Fort boats have to go all the way around the breakwater now that the new MK Ferry dock blocks access to the Fort/WL docks at the MK:

6814347_zpsdd9e1a45.jpg

The MK wasn't particularly busy today.  We decided to head back to the Fantasyland Train Station, as I had some research to conduct.  The view from the Main Street Station at 12:18 pm:

6814351_zps4e9c1515.jpg

Here's another joker with a rolling cooler.  This guy had to stop and collapse the handle so he could carry the cooler through the turnstile.  Then he had to set it back down and extend the handle.  All right in front of me.  Again, I thought things that guests rolled behind them were banned from WDW: 

6814353_zps020ac492.jpg

As with the previous genius with the rolling cooler, I ask why do people drag these around with them, and what do they do with them if they get on an attraction?

At the Frontierland station, I tried to get a photo of the Splash Mountain weather vane. I got it, but you can't see Bre'r Rabbit:

6814358_zpsda21ae58.jpg

That's the last photo for this update.

I'm gong to try to post another today.

Be sure to check back- I have a FP+ cheat to share.  That's why we were heading to the Fantasyland station.  I had research to do at the FP+ kiosks there.

TCD

We will get to the FP+ cheats in just a bit.

But, for now, I want to backtrack a minute and talk about the issue of rolling coolers in the parks.  On two consecutive days, I saw these:

6814129_zps3bcad37a.jpg

6814353_zps020ac492.jpg

So what's the deal?

I thought they were prohibited.

Where did I get that idea?

Well, from "expert" sites like the Disney Food Blog.  They have an article on that site that says:

Also, other than strollers, you may not bring any wheeled conveyances into the parks. This means no rolling coolers or wagons to transport lots of smaller coolers.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/01/16/13-questions-and-answers-about-bringing-your-own-food-to-disney-theme-parks/

And then there's USA Today, which says:

The Magic Kingdom theme park, Epcot theme park and Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park all permit small coolers that one person can easily carry. Disney defines "small" as 24 inches long by 15 inches wide by 18 inches high, which corresponds to the size of the large lockers under the train station at Magic Kingdom. Any coolers larger than that -- including those with wheels -- are not allowed inside the park. Disney searches all coolers (regardless of size) for glass containers and alcoholic beverages, neither of which are allowed inside.

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/disney-world-cooler-restrictions-10689.html

And so on.

That's where I got that idea.

But, apparently, the policy has changed recently, or those articles were wrong when written.  Because this is the official policy, straight from the Disney site:

• You may not bring the following types of items into the theme parks:
    • Wagons
    • Skateboards
    • Scooters
    • Inline skates
    • Shoes with built-in wheels
    • Strollers larger than 36" x 52" (92 x 132 cm)
    • Suitcases, coolers or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24" (61 cm) long x 15" (38 cm) wide x 18" (46 cm) high. Coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at Guest Relations.
    • Any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV, wheelchair or stroller
    • Wheeled mobility devices with less than 3 wheels and devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered or unoccupied. Training wheels or similar modifications are not permitted.
  • Alcoholic beverages
  • Weapons of any kind
  • Folding chairs
  • Glass containers (excluding baby food jars and perfume bottles)
  • Pets (unless they are service animals)
  • Balloons, straws and drink lids are not permitted in Disney's Animal Kingdom Park for the safety of our animals
  • Tripod stands or monopod stands that cannot fit inside a standard backpack

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/restricted-personal-items/

If the cooler is within the size limits, it looks like it's OK to have wheels.

But, those coolers in my photos are not within the size limits, are they?

TCD

The cooler you saw at DHS is questionable.  The soft-sided one looks fine size wise.

I still don't like it.  It's a tripping hazard, big time.

And, I think we've all seen strollers that are beyond the posted size limits.

I'd love to see someone anywhere with a mobility device with less than 3 wheels.  Is there even such a beast?

The cooler you saw at DHS is questionable.  The soft-sided one looks fine size wise.

I'd love to see someone anywhere with a mobility device with less than 3 wheels.  Is there even such a beast?

I thought the less than 3 wheel thing was directed at Segways. I think there was a lawsuit over this where disabled guests wanted to be able to ride Segways around the parks.  Can you imagine?

At least it's not a policy like this.....

FOOD, DRINKS AND COOLERS

Food, beverages or coolers may not be brought into the park.

Where's that?

Great Adventure?

I think that's the policy at Universal too.

TCD

There are some that use Segways as mobility devices, and are trying hard to get them included. I know Universal now has some stand-up 3 wheeled ECVs for rent.

Ahhh, forgot about Segways.  No personal experience, but don't they go pretty fast?

Yes, TCD, it's Great Adventure.  We've been OK with bringing in a water bottle each, tho technically not allowed.

FP+ cheats! :jumpforjoy  My favorite topic!  Can't wait to hear.

You're right about the segway lawsuits - there have been several but to my knowledge, WDW and DL have prevailed prevailed in their ban against guests using them as a method of transportation (as opposed to on segway tours, which presumably are much more controlled than guests bringing their own segways into the parks).

Still loving the TR and looking forward to more!

Concerning the question of what people do with those coolers while they are on the attraction...  I saw several people when I was in DW that appeared to not be going on any attractions ever.  So maybe that was their case.  I don't get it though.  A.) I LOATH pulling things behind me especially in crowds and with children around!  AHHH! Makes me crazy just thinking about it.  B.) We have gone with children under 3 and have never even taken a small cooler.  It is so easy to just ask for ice or get water from a fountain and put the little drink things in it if someone isn't a water fan.  But, there are some folks that must have soda (I have a few in my family).  That is all they drink ever.  So I guess maybe they are Soda people and they don't want to pay for it.  

Hey a Disney money making idea...  A soda pass.  Like on the cruises.  You pay $100 and get unlimited Soda in the parks for x amount of days.  I said it first!!!  :)  

Hey a Disney money making idea...  A soda pass.  Like on the cruises.  You pay $100 and get unlimited Soda in the parks for x amount of days.  I said it first!!!   :)

It's funny...INC and I had this exact conversation on our cruise.  We wondered why they don't have drink packages at WDW.  I have to believe they've considered it and for some reason it didn't make sense.  I know they have the mugs for the resorts....but a park drink package would work for a lot of people.  And how about a premium package that includes alcohol in the resort bars? 

It's funny...INC and I had this exact conversation on our cruise.  We wondered why they don't have drink packages at WDW.  I have to believe they've considered it and for some reason it didn't make sense.  I know they have the mugs for the resorts....but a park drink package would work for a lot of people.  And how about a premium package that includes alcohol in the resort bars? 

YES!!!  They must think people would share or something I don't know.  They could at least do like $100 for x days for 6 drinks a day or something like that.  Most places I've been to recently do that, so there must be a way.  I have no need for it, because we don't drink a lot of soda. Still a good idea.  

Ahhh, forgot about Segways.  No personal experience, but don't they go pretty fast?

Yes, TCD, it's Great Adventure.  We've been OK with bringing in a water bottle each, tho technically not allowed.

[threadjack] Did you see that Traction Park is back open this summer, under the original name and with the son of the original owner running it? I bet I still have scars from alpine slide road rash. Apparently it's safer but they still have some of the original attractions - tarzan swing included. I'd LOVE to see a TCD Traction Park trip report ;) [/threadjack]

There is a ban on Segways except for those used on tours

Disney was sued, but it didn't go to trail as they reached a settlement.

The terms of the settlement allow Disney to ban unrestricted Segway use.

Guests can rent or bring in a 3 or 4 wheel "standing electric vehicle", or ESV.

I've seen them in parks, but never on the buses.

There are some that use Segways as mobility devices, and are trying hard to get them included. I know Universal now has some stand-up 3 wheeled ECVs for rent.

I am all for giving the disabled access, but I can't imagine Segways in a crowded park.  These three wheel things can't be much better.  I haven't seen one.

Yes, Segways go fast, and there was just an article in my local paper this morning about a woman who suffered a head injury after falling from one.

I brought a water bottle into Universal when we were there a couple of weeks ago.  I guess water is OK.

FP+ cheats! :jumpforjoy  My favorite topic!  Can't wait to hear.

You're right about the segway lawsuits - there have been several but to my knowledge, WDW and DL have prevailed prevailed in their ban against guests using them as a method of transportation (as opposed to on segway tours, which presumably are much more controlled than guests bringing their own segways into the parks).

Still loving the TR and looking forward to more!

The FP+ cheat I researched on this trip is coming in the next update.

This one worked.

Concerning the question of what people do with those coolers while they are on the attraction...  I saw several people when I was in DW that appeared to not be going on any attractions ever.  So maybe that was their case.  I don't get it though.  A.) I LOATH pulling things behind me especially in crowds and with children around!  AHHH! Makes me crazy just thinking about it.  B.) We have gone with children under 3 and have never even taken a small cooler.  It is so easy to just ask for ice or get water from a fountain and put the little drink things in it if someone isn't a water fan.  But, there are some folks that must have soda (I have a few in my family).  That is all they drink ever.  So I guess maybe they are Soda people and they don't want to pay for it.  

Hey a Disney money making idea...  A soda pass.  Like on the cruises.  You pay $100 and get unlimited Soda in the parks for x amount of days.  I said it first!!!   :)

I think they had a refillable soda bottle at Universal.  They definitely could do that at Disney.  I'm surprised they don't implement something like that.

The only reason I can think for them not doing this is maybe the Disney Dining Plan.  A drink is included with the meals on the plan.  Maybe they don't want to dilute DDP sales by offering an unlimited drink option.

YES!!!  They must think people would share or something I don't know.  They could at least do like $100 for x days for 6 drinks a day or something like that.  Most places I've been to recently do that, so there must be a way.  I have no need for it, because we don't drink a lot of soda. Still a good idea.  

It sounds like easy money for Disney.  As you said, they must have some reason for not offering it.

You've got my attention...

LOL.

Unlimited drinks would be a bad idea.

[threadjack] Did you see that Traction Park is back open this summer, under the original name and with the son of the original owner running it? I bet I still have scars from alpine slide road rash. Apparently it's safer but they still have some of the original attractions - tarzan swing included. I'd LOVE to see a TCD Traction Park trip report ;) [/threadjack]

I have never been there, but have heard stories about it.  I am up for a TR.  But, I probably don't have time to squeeze it in this summer, so someone else needs to go.

There is a ban on Segways except for those used on tours

Disney was sued, but it didn't go to trail as they reached a settlement.

The terms of the settlement allow Disney to ban unrestricted Segway use.

Guests can rent or bring in a 3 wheel "standing electric vehicle", or ESV.

I've seen them in parks, but never on the buses.

I still haven't seen a standing 3 wheel vehicle.  Disney doesn't rent them out, do they?

TCD

Let's move along.

We left us with us aboard the train, on our way to the Fantasyland station.

That's our next stop.

It's a summer day, around 12:30 pm, and look at the queue for Splash Mountain.  Those of you who only visit in cool months probably have never seen this outside area full:

6814361_zpsdb0c09a1.jpg

There's Woody and Jessie:

6814362_zps05fb53d0.jpg

This is a look back toward the backstage area that you can see as the train crosses the bridge just after the Frontierland station.  As I understand it, this bridge pivots, and when needed, they can drive the big riverboat in and out via this canal:

6814365_zps8a5a912f.jpg

As we continued on, I realized that I was on the left side of the train, which isn't where I usually sit.  My habit, dating back to the time my girls were little, has always been to have them board first, and then I would sit at the open area of the bench on the right.  Well today, Twin #1 wanted to sit there, so I'm on the left.  I got to see some of the scenery I don't normally see.  Like this Native American village:

6814366_zps482d5ee4.jpg

And these snakes:

6814367_zpsdc94d546.jpg

Hey they have scummy canals over here just like the Fort:

6814368_zps06d4dce1.jpg

There are signs that work is being done around here:

6814369_zpscccac210.jpg

I had never seen this animatronic figures before. They were very realistic, but I'm not sure that I understand how they fit in with the theme of our train traveling through the wilderness:

6814370_zps8f296558.jpg

You see that bridge there between the trees?  That's a very important bridge.  Does anyone know where it goes?:

6814371_zpse602a8f4.jpg

That bridge is the sole access to the utilidors.  And, it's also the bridge that is used by the shuttles that bring MK castmembers back and forth from the castmember parking lot.

We arrived at Fantasyland, and walked over to the FP+ kiosk area they have there.  There were maybe a dozen CM's stationed there, and there were only two other guests in the whole place when we arrived.  If you need FP+ help in the MK, this is where you want to come.

I mentioned a FP+ cheat.

And this is a cheat.

Some of you may not approve.  Well, I don't approve of Disney telling me that I can only have 3 FP+ a day.  That's not enough for me.  So far, we haven't had a real problem, because most of our recent trips, it's just been two of us there, and we were able to use the other two TCD gang members' MB's to book extra FP+'s.  But, that's not always going to work, so I needed to explore other options.

I've already experimented with this particular idea before, and it worked once, but I wanted to try it again.  On our previous stay at the Fort, I added my fictitious nieces Anna and Elsa to our reservation, and we were provided with Magic Bands for them.  There are not tickets attached to these MB's, so what good are they?

Well, look at this:

6814373_zps48aad5ae.jpg

What happened here is I asked the CM at the kiosk if she could help me schedule MB's for my nieces (I just left out the fictitious part).  The CM said sure, no problem.  She asked if I wanted her to schedule their FP+'s to coincide with mine, and I told her no, that wasn't necessary- I was more interested in seeing what they could schedule as soon as possible. The CM scrolled through the choices, and everything was available except for Mine Train, the A & E Meet and Greet, and Splash Mountain.  We already had Mine Train FP+'s so that wasn't a problem. 

So, what I've found so far is that having some extra MB's can score you some extra day-of FP+'s. The strategy here would be to use your real MB's for headliners, and fill in your day with some of the less busy attractions.  You may not see the value in this, but this FP+ mess has resulted in hour plus standby lines at some of the less popular attractions.

I am going to continue my research. One thing I want to change is to not use names that are obviously fake- like Anna and Elsa.  The first thing everyone asks when they see those names is if they're really their names.  Also, it's weird for me to use a MB with a girl's name.  It works, but, I have had CM's point out that I must be wearing the wrong MB.  So, for the next reservation, I am going with gender-neutral names like Chris, Pat, etc.

I think that pretty much covers this cheat.  Let me know if you have any questions about it.

With those three extra FP+'s in hand, we then headed to the Mine Train to use the FP+'s that I had been able to reserve before this trip.  It's a good thing we had those, as the standby wait time was allegedly 120 minutes:

6814374_zpsf79712de.jpg

I say allegedly, because I'm not so sure about that.  Note that all of the guests are in the actual queue.  On previous visits, we have seen guests waiting outside of the actual queue, in a line that wrapped around the mountain and headed toward Storybook Circus.  Some of the posted wait times when the line looked like that were less than 2 hours.  So, how could it take those guests who are already in the actual queue 2 hours to board?

The standby queue for Mine Train has several interactive things for guests to do while they're waiting. If you go through the FP+ line, you miss that stuff, but you do get a good look at the Dwarfs' cottage:

6814375_zps1351b4bb.jpg

You can also see the guests in the standby queue.  For this being the happiest place on earth, not many smiles over there:

6814376_zpsac55fee5.jpg

This is a look back at the staging area for FP+ guests- they have a weird system here that I haven't quite figured out.  As you enter this staging area, they assign you to one of may separate lines they have here, rather than just load you as you enter.  I'm sure there's a reason for that, but it's strange to me:

6814382_zps34b9c52b.jpg

There was a question earlier in this report about the lack of leg room in the ride vehicles.  So I took this photo, which shows how my legs had to be held close together, and then my backpack shoved in front, in order for me to be able to lower the lap bar.  It is tight:

6814384_zps5d128b75.jpg

These are the buzzards/vultures they recycled from the old Snow White ride. I have an interesting buzzard story that happened to us on our drive down to the Keys earlier this month.  I'll share that at the appropriate time- and I have a photo to go with that story:

6814386_zpsb82724b7.jpg

You may have heard that the animatronic dwarfs inside the ride are the best part.  I think I agree with that:

6814389_zps01eb7c95.jpg

The big drop:

6814391_zpsa3b6cfed.jpg

First TCD/Twin #1 Mine Train Selfie ever:

6814392_zpsbe4f18bb.jpg

There's Maurice's cottage and the Beast's house:

6814393_zpsf3d60d58.jpg

There's a little scene at the end of the ride where somebody messed up.  I'm not sure what they were thinking, but the glass they used is very reflective, and you really can't see the inside scene in bright sunlight:

6814395_zpsd113f9e8.jpg

Hmmm.  Florida.  Bright sunlight.  I can see where nobody thought of that.

I guess this scene is supposed to be important, but unless you specifically look, I there's a good chance that you may miss this, as you have to look to the side to see it:

6814399_zps5ebf5c48.jpg

We then made our way toward the Rapunzel bathrooms.  Feels crowded:

6814400_zps4e5a6a74.jpg

They have a problem in that part of the park there between Peter Pan and Small World. 

The problem was not helped by the fact that there was a huge group in matching t-shirts and matching backpacks:

6814401_zps49cdd14f.jpg

I wanted to read one of the backpacks to see where this group was from.  Uh oh:

6814403_zpsfa216c6c.jpg

They stopped right in the middle of the walkway to get organized:

6814404_zps9c46eb2c.jpg

BTW, not that it matters, but these were not Brazilians.  They were from Puerto Rico. As I understand it, though, the Brazilians have since arrived and taken over the place.

Next up was Jungle Cruise.  Our skipper may not look funny, but he ended up doing a great job:

6814407_zps6209362b.jpg

I then wanted to check on something at the FP+ kiosks at the Jungle Cruise.  This is the line behind me:

6814409_zpsb352211d.jpg

It took us a good 15 minutes to get to a CM in that line.  And, the cheat I wanted to test there didn't work.  So nothing new to report in that regard, other than this kiosk area is a lot slower than the Storybook Circus one.

It was getting to be near 3 now, and we decided that it was time to head out.  But, Twin #1 wanted to see the FOF parade again.  She had been away for a month, remember?

We agreed that we would only stay if we could find a good spot to wait that was shady.  We walked the parade route from Frontierland to Main Street, and we weren't finding much.

Then we found a sweet spot near the Emporium on Main Street.  Twin #1 parked it, and I went to get us drinks from the Main Street Bakery, which is not a Starbucks.  It's a bakery.

Look, you can see that there's a bakery employee right there holding up the display case just in case someone wants one of the dusty old items on display:

6814413_zps21c04866.jpg

Twin #1 wanted something that wasn't even on the menu.  I asked for it, and the CM there said no problem.  This is her drink- it's some kind of lemonade, and they served it in this weird cup with a satanic mermaid logo on it.  Which is weird because this is not a Starbucks:

6814417_zpsdff5b6bb.jpg

Next up- some FOF parade photos.

And then we're going home.

On to the next chapter of this era that we're tiptoeing toward.

TCD

Disney doesn't rent them out, do they?

Yup, they do.

Their model has 4 wheels, and they suggest you call and reserve in advance.

I don't think they have that many of them so you may not see one at the ECV/stroller/WC rental location.

They've been around for over a year.

I have seen one or two non-Disney 3 wheel ESVs at WDW.

I have never been there, but have heard stories about it.  I am up for a TR.  But, I probably don't have time to squeeze it in this summer, so someone else needs to go.

Yeah, saw that this spring.  For the record, Mountain Creek has run a water / summer thrill park but with little or none of the original equipment for some years now. And, much tamer.

They plan to bring back the name and some 'action' supposedly.

For those that don't know what's being talked about, here is a recent news article.  This place was insanely dangerous.

http://nypost.com/2014/06/28/the-return-of-the-worlds-most-dangerous-theme-park/

As for the last TCD installment, all I have is 'Fuego' (close enough) .

When we went to MK in 2010, we had  lunch, dinner, and snacks for 8 in our cooler.  It was a budget trip and the budget didn't stretch enough to cover paying WDW prices for food.  

When we went to MK in 2010, we had  lunch, dinner, and snacks for 8 in our cooler.  It was a budget trip and the budget didn't stretch enough to cover paying WDW prices for food.  

I'm impressed.  I'm not that organized!!!!  I could never pull it off!!  Now I might go back to my camper or tent for lunch and supper but I'd never be able to pack it.  :)  Did you write a trip report from that trip?

I'm impressed.  I'm not that organized!!!!  I could never pull it off!!  Now I might go back to my camper or tent for lunch and supper but I'd never be able to pack it.   :)  Did you write a trip report from that trip?

Yes, it is linked in my signature. :)  (I don't think I mentioned what we ate on that trip, but I still have my notes.  I plan to use them this time when i am planning.)