A Shining New Era is Tiptoeing Nearer for the TCD Gang

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a photo that makes me smile.   The backstory on this is that one of Twin #2's roommates ended up being a "friend of" Stitch.  She told Twin #2 to come visit her in Tomorrowland one day, and the

Leia is definitely following you. At least it is the 1983 version following you and not the 2014 version.

I'm in...  page 5 ?    I need to stop working and spend more time here...   Thanks for the princess photos. 

What a great picture!

Thanks, Gwen.

That's a selfie, too. It looks like she was sitting in her car in the CM parking lot when she took it.

Hope she has a great day!

She did.  Although she was outside and in the sun the whole time.  She said she drank 6 bottles of water, and never had to go to the bathroom.

She is so stinking cute in that hat.

Aw, thanks.

Well I guess she will finally get her fill of the new parade. 

LOL.  That's true. She had PAC (Parade Area Control) three times this week.  Which isn't supposed to be her role.  But, the new girl goes where she's told.

Awesome updates.  I love hearing about the CP.  I'm going to keep hoping that one or both of my girls may do that one day.

Love the Frozen bedding and Disney stuffed animals.  Danielle went low key on the sheets she just took off to college, but took a bunch of stuffed animals, including several from WDW, with her. 

That last picture of Twin #1 is terrific. 

I hope that one or both of your girls does the DCP too.  So far, both of them love it. 

It can be a grind, though.

She is so stinking cute, period.

Aw thanks Gail.

You had better stay off of Lou's account, though.

You're going to hurt his street cred saying nice things like that.

True, I should have said she makes that hat look cute.

Now, cut it out.  That's too much.

Good picture you can see her excitement.

I agree.

TCD

It will be interesting to see what the next week brings.

I haven't mentioned it yet, because I didn't want to jinx it, but Twin #1's dream assignment would be to be a Jungle Cruise Skipper.

And, the stars aligned, and that is what she got assigned.

But, as she has gone through training, she's learned that they don't currently have a need for new skippers.  So, she is being moved to somewhere else in Adventureland.  She will start with training there soon.

She has a good attitude about this, and hopes to get to the Jungle Cruise one day.

Her schedule still shows that's where she's supposed to be:

schedule1_zpsad8612a8.png

It will be too bad if she doesn't get to be a Skipper.  She would kill at that job.

And, I was going to help write some jokes for her.

So, maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

TCD

Awwwwwwwww that was the job I was hoping she'd get. 

Everything happens for a reason, and all that.

Seriously, though, she has a great attitude about it.

She loves working in the Magic Kingdom, and it actually might be better for her to be cross-trained on several different attractions, which is what I think is going to happen.

It helps her tremendously that one of her roommates got assigned to housekeeping-she is literally cleaning hotel rooms, and another is stationed at an outdoor food cart in DHS. Those poor girls.   She is lucky to be in Magic Kingdom attractions.  Jungle Cruise would have been perfect for her, but she still has a great assignment, and she loves all of the people she's working with.

TCD

Twin #2 is back at Oaken's Trading Post in Hollywood Studios this week, after having spent the last week at the Art of Animation Resort.

Twin #1 learned how to operate flying carpets on Sunday, and how to wake up Jose in the Tiki Room yesterday.

Tikiroom_zps2b559512.jpeg

She has a script to memorize there, which includes the exclamation "Land's Sake!"  She asked me if I had heard that expression before.  I told her I had, but I can't say that I've ever used it.  She asked me if I knew what it meant.  I told her I wasn't sure, but it could be used in place of saying "Wow!" or something along those lines.  Her trainer, who isn't even 30 years old, told her that it was the equivalent of a curse word in the '70's.  I told Twin #1 that I was around in the '70's, and as best as I can remember we had all the same curse words then that we have now, and Land's Sake! wasn't one of them.

TCD

Well, training is almost over for Twin #1.

She's in costume and earning her ears today doing parade control at the MK:

paradecostume1_zpsa1a974a4.jpg

TCD

I love this picture.

Caught up.

That's so cool that the twins are reunited, and neighbors.

MK CMs rocks!

I hope she gets JC captain. I know she will be great in all the jobs she has.

Can we change Montana's name to twin # 1 1/2? When I saw the picture of the twin # 1 and Montana eating ice cream I did a double take. I thought, for a second, it was twin # 1 & # 2. Lol.

Twin #1 has already worn a lot of costumes!

True. That one she's wearing in the Tiki Room is her primary one. She's happy with it. It's very comfortable compared to what some CM's have to wear. She is looking forward to some cool weather, as she really likes the coat that goes with that costume. I guess there's a chance she may get to wear it between now and January. Maybe.

Thank you. I guess it's really Land Sakes! And the dictionary describes it as a "mild oath." So, I guess that is kind of like cussing. I'm going to have to start using that expression.

That would be most excellent!  

(Can you tell I watched part of Bill and Ted's Most Excellent Adventure recently?)

Yes, I can tell.

Best I can tell, your best chances of finding Twin #1 will be in Adventureland, and Twin #2 in Wandering Oaken's Trading Post.

I love this picture.

Caught up.

That's so cool that the twins are reunited, and neighbors.

MK CMs rocks!

I hope she gets JC captain. I know she will be great in all the jobs she has.

Can we change Montana's name to twin # 1 1/2? When I saw the picture of the twin # 1 and Montana eating ice cream I did a double take. I thought, for a second, it was twin # 1 & # 2. Lol.

Thanks.

The Jungle Cruise seems unlikely to happen. There's quite a bit of training involved there, and as time passes, it's not likely that she's going to get to work there this time around.  The good news is that she is perfectly happy with working the other Adventureland attractions.  Almost every regular CM she's encountered in Adventureland has told her that the Jungle Cruise is a very stressful assignment.  There's a lot happening there with getting folks on and off of boats, and getting the boats through the jungle safely.  Very serious stuff.  And constant stress.  She likes the Tiki Room better.  It might be a little boring, but there's nowhere near as much to worry about.

There are more Twin #1 and Montana photos that have confused me as well. Twin 1 1/2 might be a good name.

TCD

One cool thing about this new era is that the TCD twins are seeing and doing things that even after all of our many visits to WDW they have never done.

Twin #2 had Tuesday off, so she went with a friend to find Twin #1 at the MK.

They stopped to watch the Festival of Fantasy parade, and noticed a new float had been added:

towing_zpsfe4d53f9.jpeg

Can I get a "What The Fort?" from the congregation?

TCD

Seriously, what the Fort?

What the Fort?

Aren't those ladies on some type of "floating/rolling" pedestal?  Looks like her batteries died :)

I think Carol is right.  Those fairies "float" down the parade route.

The thing is- the first time I saw the parade, these ladies were definitely walking.  In later performances, they would glide around and spin. They had some kind of motorized contraptions under those dresses.  But, they also have a walking version of the costume.

This one must have gotten all suited up and then found out her motorized contraption wouldn't work. No time to switch out for something else, so they bring out Bubba on the tractor.  Problem solved. If Walt was in a grave, and his head was attached to his body, he would roll over if he saw this.

TCD

This video of the DL Paris parade gives a really good look at the Fairy Godmothers on wheels.

Notice that they don't bend from the neck down. I'm betting that the gowns have a solid frame underneath them from the neck down and the CMs step into them.

And of course we all know that the wand is a control.

My guess is that it might be a custom Segway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLzgSErQOWs