My journey to bring my family back to the Fort

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got our ticket conformation today so i have linked our tickets to my MDE account.  I am officially at 62 days.   We told the children today.  I typed up a multiple choice history quiz and told them

Went to AK and DHS yesterday. Made lots of notes for trip report. Hard to type on tablet. Love you all, especially all the fiends who showered extra pixie dust on our trip!!!

Talk about a plan coming together!   I got all the FP+ I wanted!!!   The only one that i can't get at the perfect time is the A&E Meet and Greet, but I got it for my two girls and it isn't at a ho

I posted the whole collection in my blog: http://memoirable.blogspot.com/2014/08/epcot-world-showcase-passport.html

Then my 17yo pointed out that I really need to figure out how they will go together as a book.  I will work on that tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

We are another step closer!  My sister in law had offered us the use of her Highlander, but there were serious concerns that we would not be able to fit all 7 of us with all of our stuff into a Highlander.  My husband mentioned this to his sister and she said that if someone had a larger vehicle we could borrow, they could drive the Highlander while we are away.

We asked around and found someone willing to lend us a Suburban!  :jumpforjoy

We are another step closer!  My sister in law had offered us the use of her Highlander, but there were serious concerns that we would not be able to fit all 7 of us with all of our stuff into a Highlander.  My husband mentioned this to his sister and she said that if someone had a larger vehicle we could borrow, they could drive the Highlander while we are away.

We asked around and found someone willing to lend us a Suburban!  :jumpforjoy

Terrific news, Marty!!

Thanks y'all, but I spoke too soon.  I thought sister in law had offered to let someone else drive her highlander. Turns out it was not her idea, but my husband's and now that she has thought about it, she is not comfortable with that.  She is still fine with me driving the Highlander, but we are back to trying to figure out how to get everything to fit in it.  

How many kids can I legally strap to the roof rack?

Thanks y'all, but I spoke too soon.  I thought sister in law had offered to let someone else drive her highlander. Turns out it was not her idea, but my husband's and now that she has thought about it, she is not comfortable with that.  She is still fine with me driving the Highlander, but we are back to trying to figure out how to get everything to fit in it.  

How many kids can I legally strap to the roof rack?

Does the highlander have a hitch? How about one of those hitch racks, or a roof top cloth carrier?

I was thinking along the lines of "how high can you strap stuff on the roof?" ... remember, ratchet straps are your friend.  :)

Not sure what how you were planning to pack, but if you can't lay your hands on a rooftop carrier, what about some covered tubs that you can strap down?

Saving that... I'm going with the answer to your question being 3.  8)

Seriously, I have faith it'll all work out.  I know everyone here is pulling for you!  :heartsmiley:

Does the highlander have a hitch? How about one of those hitch racks, or a roof top cloth carrier?

My husband thinks we would need both and even that would not be enough room.  

Our pastor is willing to drive our sedan and still let us borrow the Suburban.  Our sedan has a lot of minor issues right now.  I have asked Li'L John to take the pastor out for a test drive tomorrow and make sure he is comfortable driving an Acura with every dash light lite up, sqealing brakes, and a mystery suspension that will decide on a straight road that you need to turn the steering wheel if you wish to continue driving straight.

That's great that your getting your oastor's suburban. That should give you lots more room. I wish I lived closer. I'd met you use our Yukon XL. With our rooftop carrier or our trailer.

I know it's all going to work out just fine and the pastier will be able to stay on the right path.

We have the Burb!

My husband exchanged vehicles with Pastor Joe this morning.  He is out now with oldest daughter doing some last errands and filling the tank with gas, hopefully using the 25 cents off per gallon coupon I sent with them. :)

Now, to find everything I tucked around the house to go with us.