Made it to the Fort but tire blow out on I-4

Ok we made it to the Fort after spending 3 hours on the inside median on I-4 yesterday :(

So anyone now where I can get a RV tire 245/70R19.5 ? Other than camping world who wants $400 for a tire.

It was the right front and completely shredded, took out the front lights the corner of the bumper and bent the metal plate up under the fender to prevent it from coming thru the floor.

No one was hurt, but we couldn't even get out of the camper because of traffic, had to wait for AAA and the Road rangers to change the tire. Thanks god for them.

Let day on begin :) Still have to find a new tire....

Yikes!!  So glad you're ok and made it there safely.

Years ago we had a blowout on our first travel trailer on I4 right smack in the middle of Orlando.  We managed to get over to the right shoulder but of course it was a drivers side tire.  I've never seen DH change a tire so fast. (good times)

If I remember correctly, we were able to get a replacement tire at the AAA center near the Magic Kingdom.  Not sure if that will help, but might be worth checking.

Good luck!!

What's the deal with trailer tires blowing?  I have friends with a camper that is continually blowing tires.  They are within weight specs (according to the camper's manufacturer). They upgraded to higher rated tires. They've had it back to the manufacturer several times. They just drove from TX to IL and blew two tires along the way.  They are ready to take it back to the manufacturer and leave it in their parking lot. 

Take care and be safe.

What's the deal with trailer tires blowing?  I have friends with a camper that is continually blowing tires.  They are within weight specs (according to the camper's manufacturer). They upgraded to higher rated tires. They've had it back to the manufacturer several times. They just drove from TX to IL and blew two tires along the way.  They are ready to take it back to the manufacturer and leave it in their parking lot. 

Take care and be safe.

A lot of times it's due to tire pressure. You need to check it every trip. 

Wow, what a bad way to begin a trip.  Glad that's behind you.

I had to hunt down a couple of tires for my daughter in Orlando this week, and found this place, which can install auto tires at the Car Care Center right there at WDW:  http://www.actiongatortire.com

I am not sure about RV tires, but the guy I spoke with on the phone was very professional and helpful- it would be worth making the phone call.

TCD

What's the deal with trailer tires blowing? I have friends with a camper that is continually blowing tires. They are within weight specs (according to the camper's manufacturer). They upgraded to higher rated tires. They've had it back to the manufacturer several times. They just drove from TX to IL and blew two tires along the way. They are ready to take it back to the manufacturer and leave it in their parking lot.

M

Take care and be safe.

My mom and dad had that problem on the rear axel was out of alignment so the tire would roll at an angle heat up then boom

I feel your pain...

4 or 5 years ago we had a blowout on our 5th wheel on I-95 south, exactly at the flagpole at the SC/GA state line.  Had GoodSam send me out someone to change the tire because my jack did have enough butt to lift the trailer.... Once we arrived at the Fort, I called the tire manufacturer, I think it was Kenda. They they told me there were issues with the tires that I had (they came new on the trailer). They told me to go and and have all 5 tires replaced and they would pay me $200/tire + they would repair the damage to my trailer. 

Long story longer... I thought I would wait until we got back home to replace all of the tires.  The wife was having no part of that.  She told me that I would have all of the tire replaced BEFORE we started back home.  Like you, I called Camping World and got an outrageous price... I finally found a Goodyear dealer over near Universal who had what I needed in stock.  So while the fam was enjoying Magic Kingdom, I hooked up the trailer, drove over and had them installed.

If the trailer is somewhat new, I would call the tire company, explain what happened... They may make you whole again.  They may replace the tires and repair the damage...  Make sure you save the carcass from the blowout because they will want to see it or need some part of it.  In my case, they had me cut the serial numbers from the tires and send them back to the company before they would mail me my check.

Good Luck with gettting it sorted out!

What's the deal with trailer tires blowing?  I have friends with a camper that is continually blowing tires.  They are within weight specs (according to the camper's manufacturer). 

How fast are they driving? The majority of RV tires are rated for 65mph and if the pressure is not properly checked or there is more weight on one side, even though the total weight is good, they could have issues.

I feel your pain...

4 or 5 years ago we had a blowout on our 5th wheel on I-95 south, exactly at the flagpole at the SC/GA state line.  Had GoodSam send me out someone to change the tire because my jack did have enough butt to lift the trailer.... Once we arrived at the Fort, I called the tire manufacturer, I think it was Kenda. They they told me there were issues with the tires that I had (they came new on the trailer). They told me to go and and have all 5 tires replaced and they would pay me $200/tire + they would repair the damage to my trailer. 

Long story longer... I thought I would wait until we got back home to replace all of the tires.  The wife was having no part of that.  She told me that I would have all of the tire replaced BEFORE we started back home.  Like you, I called Camping World and got an outrageous price... I finally found a Goodyear dealer over near Universal who had what I needed in stock.  So while the fam was enjoying Magic Kingdom, I hooked up the trailer, drove over and had them installed.

If the trailer is somewhat new, I would call the tire company, explain what happened... They may make you whole again.  They may replace the tires and repair the damage...  Make sure you save the carcass from the blowout because they will want to see it or need some part of it.  In my case, they had me cut the serial numbers from the tires and send them back to the company before they would mail me my check.

Good Luck with gettting it sorted out!

Make sure you check the other tires... what I forgot to mention on my earlier epistle was that when I had all of the tires changed, two of the other tires were bulging and ready to blow... 

How much "chin music" would I have had to listen to from my wife had I not followed her directive and had all of the tires changed before we started for home?  :flush2: