Last week at POP you had to have the Mickey faces touching. "Close enough" didn't work.

And it was the same at POR- which can be a real pain- it's hard to get your car close enough and in the right location to allow for that.  I found it easier to take the stupid MB off and hold it up to the sensor, rather than try to bend my wrist at odd angles.  BTW- this is another idiotic problem created by Disney- those RFID chips can be read easier than the sensors they have installed will allow.

TCD

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I know a bunch of you Fiends are milling around the Fort with nothing better to do so... after you find out the answer to Marty's lemonade question, can somebody confirm if the magic bands are fina

1500 is effective the 23rd as well. Both automated gates switched over as of yesterday. The was a surprise, they have had notices up regarding the comfort stations, but nothing about the gates.

I am still mystified as to why they are installing the fancy light-up Mickey head scanners on the Fort Comfort Stations.   I did a little research this past weekend.   The Contemporary uses the simple

Lou what route tomorrow?

We don't have a specific route. We work out of one of 5 hubs and do all of the destinations from there.

It's MK tonight.

My MB worked at the gate and CS in December and also March. Must be hit or miss. You did actually have to touch the Mickey head part, though.

Good to hear from you, Brent.

My MB worked at the gate and CS in December and also March. Must be hit or miss. You did actually have to touch the Mickey head part, though.

I agree it's good to see a post from you, Brent.

There have been several reports of MB's working on the CS doors back toward the end of last year- you, Grumpy (Dave) and Devores all reported being able to use MB's on CS's.  But I think in the case of the Daves, they went to the office to get the MB's set up. 

So, the MB's are capable of being set-up to work on the CS's.  For whatever reason, management is not setting them up to do so.

TCD

Have you tried your MBs on the gate by any chance?  Last I heard that was hit or miss.

It's not just a Fort issue. They are hit or miss at other resorts as well, 

I've had to wait behind guests a number of times because they couldn't get their MB to open the gate.

But when the security CMs come over to help them, they are able to get it to work.

It appears that they are location sensitive with the reader.

Maybe they should've spent that extra Billion$ to get them working right!

Wherever did you come up that concept? Get something to work properly before releasing it, what a novel concept.

What's odd is that Disney has been using RFID technology in other areas for years with no problem.

One area is costuming. CMS pick out their RFID enabled costumes, sometimes 5 at a time, get them within a few feet of the reader, and it reads them all at the same time, done.

Wherever did you come up that concept? Get something to work properly before releasing it, what a novel concept.

What's odd is that Disney has been using RFID technology in other areas for years with no problem.

One area is costuming. CMS pick out their RFID enabled costumes, sometimes 5 at a time, get them within a few feet of the reader, and it reads them all at the same time, done.

hah!

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't I see a sign somewhere around the road to that back gate (the gate near the old kennel) that said no private vehicle traffic?

Yes, I accidentally went that way last week and turned around when I saw the sign, I didn't think I could open it with my cards.

There is a sign at the beginning of the road and at the gate.

Last week when I was there the band's opened the gates about 50 percent of the time. I like using the back gate so I had to back up and drive around and show my license to the gate people so I could get in. It was a pain.

FWIW, if you go to the returning guest gate at the guard shack and struggle with trying to get your MB to work for 10-15 seconds the guard will open the gate for you. Good hint for when you're staying off property and just want a dip in the Fort pool (or to swipe some dogs off the grill at 617).

• 2 months later...