Back gate? Are you talking about the entrance the buses use just past the overflow? I thought the only gate we could come in and out through is the main one with the guard shack. Are guests allowed to use another entrance?

Yep..once you are checked in and parked you can come and go that way as much as you want.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I know a bunch of you Fiends are milling around the Fort with nothing better to do so... after you find out the answer to Marty's lemonade question, can somebody confirm if the magic bands are fina

1500 is effective the 23rd as well. Both automated gates switched over as of yesterday. The was a surprise, they have had notices up regarding the comfort stations, but nothing about the gates.

I am still mystified as to why they are installing the fancy light-up Mickey head scanners on the Fort Comfort Stations.   I did a little research this past weekend.   The Contemporary uses the simple

As long as you ignore the signs saying Castmembers Only.

Since it's OK to ignore those signs, can we also drive to Wilderness Lodge on our golf carts?

TCD

Cast members don't have MBs and that is the only reader on that gate except the bus transponder. The regular card reader is gone.

Both automated gates switched over as of yesterday.

Spiffy!!

One of my young relatives calls things like this "middle class fancy."

I'm going to start using that.  :rofl2:

Since it's OK to ignore those signs, can we also drive to Wilderness Lodge on our golf carts?

Naturally.  8)

As long as you ignore the signs saying Castmembers Only.

TCD

Only if they are jacked up gas powered ones without a muffler and  a stereo playing death metal as loud as it can.

Need to scare the wildlife off the path so they don't get run over.

Only if they are jacked up gas powered ones without a muffler and  a stereo playing death metal as loud as it can.

Need to scare the wildlife off the path so they don't get run over.

Don't forget the horn blowing every 50 feet

Back gate? Are you talking about the entrance the buses use just past the overflow? I thought the only gate we could come in and out through is the main one with the guard shack. Are guests allowed to use another entrance?

When we were there last October they were routing all out going traffic through the back gate. Due to that we decided to use when returning too.

The MB at the gates, at least the back gate, are working better than I expected. Twice now I have had the light go green by just having the MB in close proximity(about a ft), did not have to touch the "Mickey Head" reader. :)

The MB at the gates, at least the back gate, are working better than I expected. Twice now I have had the light go green by just having the MB in close proximity(about a ft), did not have to touch the "Mickey Head" reader. :)

I've heard similar reports that you just need to get close.

Interesting, considering how touchy the readers are for other things.

I've heard similar reports that you just need to get close.

Interesting, considering how touchy the readers are for other things.

That is interesting.

When we have stayed at one of the hotels, the readers on the return gates require the Mickey heads to be aligned perfectly, and, the band must be touched to the sensor.  Which is near impossible to do if the thing is actually on your wrist.  Being able to wave it at the sensor is good.

TCD

That is interesting.

When we have stayed at one of the hotels, the readers on the return gates require the Mickey heads to be aligned perfectly, and, the band must be touched to the sensor.  Which is near impossible to do if the thing is actually on your wrist.  Being able to wave it at the sensor is good.

TCD

And the room locks are super sensitive also.

I wonder if this is all part of that whole "long range" stuff that Disney said they weren't going to do?

(says the person who has no idea what that actually means)

And the room locks are super sensitive also.

Yeah, this has been a concern of mine since the idea of having to use a Magic Band to get into the restrooms was first introduced.

We have a cassette potty in the camper, but it's really only for emergencies.  I am not looking forward to having to run back there after being denied access to a comfort station late one night.  And, I know it's going to happen.

TCD

Wish I'd had the same luck.  Last week they could not get mine to work with the gate at all.  Maybe they expanded the range.  I think they do need to turn the one on the front gate about 10% clockwise to make it more easily accessible.