First attempt at a Trip Report, Father's Day Weekend

Going to attempt to do a trip report for you guys. This will be my first try, and by no means will it be as entertaining as someone like TCD, but I will give it a shot. I apologize in advance for the randomness of the following pictures, I just took them willy-nilly thinking I wasn't going to do a trip report, but now I am.

This trip was originally planned just for my girlfriend and I to go, but as it so happened, I booked it for Father's Day Weekend without realizing it. My Grandfather from California was wanting to come visit us again so when my Mom caught wind of us going to FW she decided to call him and see if he wanted to fly to Florida for a week, and camp with his Grandson at Disney. He said he would love to, so he did, and it turned out to be an absolutely awesome time with him. 

DGF (Dear Girlfriend) and I left Merritt Island around 8 am Friday June 13th and made the hour drive over to The Fort. I had requested the 800 loop for no particular reason, but since we arrived at 9:15 am, nothing was available in that loop. However, they did have two sites for us in the 1400, we chose 1435.

Backed into the site, weather looks amazing right?

IMG_2235_zps706e6481.jpg

Well the weather didn't stay like that for long. The word I have for the next picture is WET

IMG_2137_zps4fabe678.jpg

I know what you're thinking..."Cody, the weather looks fine in that pic too." And it is, and was, for about 3 minutes, then it started raining again..for a while. I should've taken pics in the rain, but I think I might melt.

After setting up and sitting in the camper for awhile we decided we should go do something. We had the whole day and night to ourselves, Mom, Grandpa, and Sister weren't coming out until Saturday morning. 

So we went over to DHS.

As I stated before, randomly took pics. I only have 2 from DHS

IMG_2140_zps108e1cc0.jpg

IMG_2142_zps82277d30.jpg

After a couple rides, and some food, we head back to The Fort. It was time for us to finish the last little bit of set up, load the cooler, and go looping. 

I'll end it there for now, I have a limited amount of pictures left for the rest of the report, so I'll try to string this as far along as I can.

Cody

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let me see if I got this all right:   You have a big trailer so you can have your mom and sister as guests.   Your gramps rocks a Carousel of Progress shirt.   You have a girlfriend who appears to be

So you're a single guy and you have that big trailer?  What's up with that?

TCD

I started with an Gulfstream Amerlite 21 MB, purchased from a friend when he upgraded. Didn't do much research on what I would want, but seemed to be a good starter. We usually camp as a group locally around where we live, either at beach campgrounds or ones on the river, and we tend to do a lot of entertaining with friends and family who will come out and day visit. Naturally, as I've noticed with other campers, I out grew my camper when it comes to the style of camping I enjoy. So I started to look for a new one, with more room, storage, and a better floor plan, and the Fun Finder is what I ended up with

I started with an Gulfstream Amerlite 21 MB, purchased from a friend when he upgraded. Didn't do much research on what I would want, but seemed to be a good starter. We usually camp as a group locally around where we live, either at beach campgrounds or ones on the river, and we tend to do a lot of entertaining with friends and family who will come out and day visit. Naturally, as I've noticed with other campers, I out grew my camper when it comes to the style of camping I enjoy. So I started to look for a new one, with more room, storage, and a better floor plan, and the Fun Finder is what I ended up with

And it's a good way to attract lady campers. Luxury! 

Okay, update time. 

So where I left off, we were loading the cooler and preparing to go looping for the evening.

As you can imagine from my first post, it was raining, and raining, and raining. So guess how many pictures I took? 

That's right! 1 picture! And its a picture of one of Lou's favorites

IMG_2144_zpsce00ec07.jpg

Thats all I have for our Full Moon Friday the 13th night that won't happen again until 2049 or somewhere around there. Sorry for the disappointment.

Saturday June 14th

Woke up a little later than I thought we would....remember that cooler from the night before? It was empty....

So by the time we got moving and breakfast cooked (of which I don't have pictures of) my Mom called to tell us she was passing the Gaylord hotel and will be at The Fort shortly thereafter. In tow she had my Grandfather and my sister. This was to be a real treat for all of us, since my sister has a severe form of cerebral palsy requires round the clock care, (she's 30 years old and my Mother still takes care of her). I try to include my Mom and sister in all of our camping trips (another reason I needed a bigger camper) and so far she has an almost perfect attendance record to all of them, even if its just for a day. But this is different, its Disney. You know what I'm talking about...that "something" in the air. My mom loves Disney, my sister loves Disney, my whole family loves Disney, we are passholders.

But as I said, this was different. 

A normal Disney day consists of me meeting my Mom at her house, heading out at around 730 - 8am, spending all day at the park(s) and then the dreaded, tired, long, lonely drive home. But now we have a home on The Mouse's property. Like I said, a special treat that doesn't happen often.

Heres a picture of my sister when they arrived. You think she's excited?

IMG_2146_zps3bb039da.jpg

Told you she loves Disney.

Oh, and look! With a little redneck engineering, I was about to get her fold up wheelchair to be secured to the golf cart (notice the tray strapped to the roof). Little battle won...in my head at least.

IMG_2138_zpsde3a92b2.jpg

So now that everyone is on location, I decided to take them on a tour of The Fort. Mom has seen it, but Grandpa hasn't.

Time to load up the cart and go looping.

BUT Mother Nature had other plans.....rain. We needed rain in Central Florida, but not when I was camping.

Oh well, it's Florida, I've lived here 25 years, should be used to it. 

So guess what we didn't do? Go for a tour of FW.

Oh well, on to the next adventure.

We had FP+ for SDMT, SM (Space Mountain), and BTMRR, they were for the evening, so we decided to just head over to the Wilderness Lodge for a little bit and check it out.

Heres my Mother, Grandfather, and myself in the lobby.

IMG_2238_zps98e3decb.jpg

Sorry the pics are a little (well, a lot) fuzzy. Cell phones are all we had for some reason.

Next up was a little boat ride in the steady drizzle over to MK.

IMG_2153_zps707ba81f.jpg

IMG_2154_zps9556c997.jpg

Then the standard MK picture with Grandpa

IMG_2157_zpsd75fa4ce.jpg

Anyone want to guess what this is a picture of?

IMG_2160_zps6a163066.jpg

If you guess Mickey, you're wrong.....its a picture of my finger. Tricked ya!

So while we had time to kill, its off to my favorite ride 

IMG_2177_zps52537010.jpg

IMG_2178_zpsa1687dbe.jpg

Doesn't disappoint, never has, never will. Oh, and 20 min wait time? More like 3 minutes, but all good, kept some people away I suppose.

Then onto my sister's favorite ride. And another one of Lou's favorites. IASMAA (I haven't been studying my abbreviations sorry)

DGF, Grandpa, Sister

IMG_2168_zpscc178027.jpg

This sun was my favorite part of the ride when I was really young, my Mom sends me a pic of it every time she rides it and I'm not there. This time she got a pic of me with the sun.

IMG_2185_zpsaeef03a1.jpg

And now....to the main event...the brand new...just opened...Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 

Walking in

IMG_2170_zpsc97e24cd.jpg

Nice little cottage in the heart of New Fantasyland, overlooking the SDMT and Little Mermaid ride, wonder what the property value is? Landscaping could use a little TLC.

IMG_2171_zps3b7049be.jpg

IMG_2172_zpse7587c51.jpg

Diamond mining equipment

IMG_2173_zpsb60e3f7e.jpg

A mine car full of very happy miners.

IMG_2174_zpsb5eb5ba0.jpg

And the end, sorry I didn't think to take pics until the end. Which comes pretty quick, especially if you've been waiting for 80 minutes, which I didn't. Just saying.....

IMG_2175_zps743a74ce.jpg

Not sure what the picture limit is, but I will end there.

Upcoming will be nighttime at MK, consisting of some more pics in New Fantasyland, Wishes, and me making a decision that now, at 11pm on a Saturday night, I should take some pics, join FF and make a TR. So get ready for an overload of Main Street, USA pictures, at night, taken with a cell phone. Exciting stuff.

Cody