If he was actually in a smoking area, that's fine.  I'd have just moved.

If not, I'd have been quite annoyed and probably would have had a "coughing" fit to see if that got any reaction.

If not... farting on demand always seems to help in such situations.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part of the problem is Common courtesy is no longer very common.  If they were my kids they wouldn't be on your site at all.  They would walk to the other by by using the road.  Count me as part of th

If he was actually in a smoking area, that's fine.  I'd have just moved.   If not, I'd have been quite annoyed and probably would have had a "coughing" fit to see if that got any reaction.   If not...

I don't understand parents of young kids these days.   After all we have heard about, how can they let their kids run around unsupervised in a place where they have no idea who might be camping in the

it would have been annoying but if he was in the smoking area then he was where he was suppose to be. The thing that would have annoyed me was that someone had their dog on the beach, yes people have allergies to dogs and if I remember correctly dogs are not allowed in that area. A dog in the dark and with fireworks would not make me comfortable esp with kids.

well, actually, I think that little area behind the boat building is a designated smoking area. See the blue smoking symbol.....

fortwmap.jpg

Ah, I didn't realize that was a smoking area. In the words of Emily Litella,

Emily+LItella.jpg

Thanks. Now it doesn't seem so out of place.  Should have checked prior to posting. :whew:

Edit: Actually, isnt the smoking area next to the Settlement Trading Post and not by the dock?

...The thing that would have annoyed me was that someone had their dog on the beach, yes people have allergies to dogs and if I remember correctly dogs are not allowed in that area.

Agreed.    I've seen dogs on the beach more than a few times.  And not all of them were being well supervised... or even that friendly. 

I once was someone argue "elsewhere" that it was perfectly fine to have their dog in the Settlement/Marina/Beach area because they weren't going to actually put their dog on the ground. 

:wacko:

Smoking area or not cigars hold a different place in the level of smoke and smell which is why many places that allow cigarettes don't allow cigars. While it might have been perfectly legal to me it still lacks in the etiquette department. Had it been me I would have been more direct and asked that he take his smoking someplace else.

Actually there used to be an ashtray at the entrance to the area with chairs and tables to the left of the Marina, but it has been removed.  In the past, I've seen lots of people smoking there.  

There also used to be a smoking area at Trail's End near the Arcade, but that ashtray has also been removed.  

In March, the only smoking area I saw was on the Settlement porch around the corner, near the side entrance.

Let me give y'all some DIT advice.

Not sure if you've all seen what I drive, but this is my camping vehicle.

DSCN0890.JPG

When you drive a big van with Mickey Mouse stickers on the side....parents tend to keep their kids away from you. :rofl2:

Funny you should post this. I was sitting in my white solid walled work van eating my lunch in the parking lot of a Rite Aid. Just where I happened to be when I got hungry. 50 or so yards up the st is an elementary school.

Apparently someone was concerned about this and called the cops.

Took me 15 minutes to convince them I work for the company and was just eating my lunch despite my rite aid shirt and id badge. I eat there as often as possible now to drive whoever called nuts.

Funny you should post this. I was sitting in my white solid walled work van eating my lunch in the parking lot of a Rite Aid. Just where I happened to be when I got hungry. 50 or so yards up the st is an elementary school.

Apparently someone was concerned about this and called the cops.

Took me 15 minutes to convince them I work for the company and was just eating my lunch despite my rite aid shirt and id badge. I eat there as often as possible now to drive whoever called nuts.

:rofl3:

I have to say, no one has ever called the cops on me.  Well, not that I know of.