GDF and Z Ditch Daddy and Dash to Disney

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great start to rope drop day! Z can't be tied down to just one lady. He's a young man still. :rofl2: I mean it's not his fault if the princesses can't resist him.....unless he gives them the smolder.

When we left off, we’d just ridden Barnstormer twice without exiting the ride. The next moment made me a little upset… Dumbo was a walk on. I asked Z if he wanted to ride, and he said NO. My boy is to

As always, what a fantastic trip report. I feel like I was there. Still more to come, yes?

Great pictures of Z. He's so cute, Kelly!

Thank you! It was so great to meet y'all! Sadly, I don't think I have any pictures of us. Hoping you do!

The pictures of Z and Ariel are priceless...

Love all the smiles.  Looks like you both had a wonderful, magical, time  :)

We BOTH love it. I hope it stays that way forever!

7 characters and 4 rides in an hour ... I'm impressed!

I'm pretty good. :) 

I love the photos.  The happiness just radiates from the computer screen.

Thanks! It's true; it does! 

Z is about the cutest thing I've ever seen.

I can't believe how much y'all got done in such a short time! This is the best testament to getting there early I've ever read.

Looking forward to more!

Being ahead of the crowd really does save hours. I couldn't do it every day at Disney, but it's worth it to do it some. 

And he's the cutest thing I've ever seen, but I'm clearly biased. 

I was thinking of a slightly different context.  I had to Google "playa"....LOL.  Guess I'm out of touch with rap cultural references.  

You don't say? 

Way to rock the EMH!!  

It was actually a general opening, just an earlier one. When I first saw it, I thought it was an EMH, but then I realized a couple days later that it wasn't. It didn't matter though. We accomplished a lot. 

wd016wdw201418593861389.jpeg

wd038wdw201418593865697.jpeg

My favs.  Good job on all the meet n greets.

Those are 2 of my favorites as well. 

Rope drop is the way to go!

I never get tired of Z hanging with all of his ladies.

RD is soooooooo worth it! There will be a couple more ladies later in the report... 

I'm in and late...  Sorry we were out of town at a wedding.

Welcome! Hope you enjoyed the wedding. Thanks for reading!

When we left off, we’d just ridden Barnstormer twice without exiting the ride. The next moment made me a little upset… Dumbo was a walk on. I asked Z if he wanted to ride, and he said NO. My boy is too old for Dumbo? Say it isn’t so!

He wanted to ride the Haunted Mansion. We had FP+ for that later, but we were ahead of where I thought we’d be and HM had no wait, so I used my phone to turn that FP+ into a Jungle Cruise.

We passed the best themed restrooms in Disney.

IMG_7481.jpg

We arrived. I’m pretty sure it’s weird that my 5 year old loves this ride.

IMG_7483.jpg

After leaving with a ghost, I was hungry! I wanted some breakfast, and I knew where we could get some!

This is one of my favorite things to do at Disney!

IMG_7484.jpg

Z and I split this. I had drinks in my backpack and just asked for cups of ice (that are free). So we ate once again for very little $.

After breakfast, it was time for our cruise.

IMG_7489.jpg

I hate that fan.

IMG_7491.jpg

She’s staring at us.

IMG_7492.jpg

We arrived back safely, but we had some time to kill. We had FP+ at Splash that were good starting at 11:40. It was only about 10:30… what should we do between?

Z thought we should ride Pirates. So, we did.

Yo ho!

IMG_7494.jpg

IMG_7496.jpg

At this point, I decided we should watch the new parade around where it starts, specifically where TCD suggests around the Country Bears. Afterward, we could jump on Splash before our FP+ time ended at 12:40, especially considering the 15 minute grace period that extends your window.

But no one was sitting down for the parade yet, and I was hot, so guess what we did?

IMG_7497.jpg

Feels crowded.

IMG_7499.jpg

IMG_7502.jpg

My plan was to bail if it got too late, but it was a quick show. I liked it as a kid, but thought it was lame as an adult. Z loved it though!

At this point, it was time to find a parade spot. I should mention that they were doing FoF at noon and 4 that day. And there was a bit of a problem. TCD’s 3:00 spot was in full sun at 11:15. So we went across the street. We were lucky enough to be in the shade for the wait, but we were in the sun for part of the parade. Better than being in the sun for over an hour though!

We got some popcorn. I’m pretty sure Disney sprinkles crack on it because no other popcorn tastes this good.

IMG_7503.jpg

While we waited, I saw a PP photographer. She started chatting away with a guy… and chatting… and chatting… finally they stopped and I asked if we could get some magic shots. She seemed annoyed and said she had to go soon because of the parade, but she did some.

Wish I could get him to wear sunglasses!

wd045wdw201418593969415_19.jpeg

I’d never done this one before.

wd046wdw201418593969264_19.jpeg

Yeah, so she wasn’t so magical, but oh well. I’ve had a million GREAT PP photographers and only 2 not so nice ones.

Next up, we see the Festival of Fantasy Parade! 

ok so somehow with everything going on i missed this one....which is funny since I am pictured on the first page. LOL. I am here and all caught up now though. 

Glad Rennie and I could help you get set up and as far as pulling over you said you were following me. Pulling over would be counter productive. 

Adam won't ride HM. We do the line to do the interactive stuff and then we bail. We even tried skipping the stretching room and he still wanted to bail. Maybe next time.

Z has always loved HM. It's very strange. I do have to hold his hand in the stretching room. After that, he's cool. 

ok so somehow with everything going on i missed this one....which is funny since I am pictured on the first page. LOL. I am here and all caught up now though. 

Glad Rennie and I could help you get set up and as far as pulling over you said you were following me. Pulling over would be counter productive. 

You know, I've been wondering where the heck you've been. Thanks again for helping us. You saw I later admitted that I was following you, but it was too funny not to tease. 

PS- Z thought you are Rennie were brothers since you had the same color shirts. 

Adam won't ride HM. We do the line to do the interactive stuff and then we bail. We even tried skipping the stretching room and he still wanted to bail. Maybe next time.

Yeah...Bailey won't ridethe HM either.

IMG_7484.jpg

Wow... that looks amazing.  We've never had this.  Where and how much?  Is there chocolate under the fruit??

Yeah...Bailey won't ridethe HM either.

IMG_7484.jpg

Wow... that looks amazing.  We've never had this.  Where and how much?  Is there chocolate under the fruit??

It's Nutella, and it's goooooood. It's at Sleepy Hollow Refreshments, and it's about $7. We always share it. 

Sleepy Hollow Refreshments. It is Nutella under the fruit. Don't remember the price though

But I bet you remember it's YUMMY!

Kelly,  since you are the RD expert, i will ask you.

How long before rope drop do you leave your campsite to take Disney Transport to the various parks?

It depends what my goal is and how we're getting there. I was on the boat dock for the MK at 6:45 for an 8:00 AM opening. I knew to ride the Mine Train, I needed to be at the front of the crowd.

I usually drive for RD, so I have more control over timing.

Also DHS usually lets people in 15-30 minutes early; I believe Epcot lets people in 10-15 minutes earlier than opening time too. I'm not sure about AK. 

Time for an update! Here are my pictures and thoughts for the FoF parade. My pictures aren't spectacular, but I'll share them anyway. 

But first, a Brazilian girl picking her nose. 

IMG_7505.jpg

BTW... this was an unusual noon start time for the parade. They did it twice that day. As a result, you'll see I'm on the opposite side of the road vs. what TCD has suggested. Where I was had shade while we waited but not much at noon when the parade started. Just mentioning in case you're there for a holiday time where they run the parade twice. 

IMG_7507.jpg

IMG_7509.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

I agree that this float is too high.

IMG_1325.jpg

Lost Boys

IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

IMG_1330.jpg

Ewwwwww

IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

He likes me.

IMG_1337.jpg

IMG_1338.jpg

Fire!

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

For Dave!

IMG_1344.jpg

She says hi. 

IMG_1345.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

So what are my thoughts on the parade? I LOVED it! So did Z. I think it's a definite improvement and like that they have so many of the modern characters that kids love but are hard to meet while still including the classics. 

Up next... we have an issue with Splash and hang out with a bunch of Fiends.