A summer long TR...with a visit to Cinderella's real castle.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lady Llewellyn and The Royal Majesty Makers Musicians.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrctttzgD9Q

Well I guess its time to start my TR. We had quite a summer and several trips. We started the summer off with a two week trip to Disney. One week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, and one week at AKL. Wher

And I can't wait to hear about Europe!

Like Dave said it doesn't have to be a witty comment. It real is nice to know that people are reading along. Most of the time the comments I want to make have already been said by someone else. So I just say a little something like, "caught up", "great pix", or a "thanks for sharing". Feel free to use any of those, anytime you want.

I'm the one who said it didn't have to be witty. You are confusing Dave and me? What does that say about me?  :clint:

I'm sorry you're right of course. I would have asked "what does that say about Dave?"

Have you seen Dave's Harlem Shiffle video. Lol

Ah no, what is a Harlem Shiffle :rofl2:  and where is the video?

I enjoy traveling with y'all and even tho I'm really close by WDW I learn lots of neat things to do just by reading the TRs

I'm sure most of you already know this trick, but, if there are two lines we usually pick the left line.  Most people go right as a rule.  This doesn't always work but when it does hehehehe :jumpforjoy

You can put me down for a donation to dress the former bus driver in green for the visit to DIT.

Ah no, what is a Harlem Shiffle :rofl2: and where is the video?

I enjoy traveling with y'all and even tho I'm really close by WDW I learn lots of neat things to do just by reading the TRs

I'm sure most of you already know this trick, but, if there are two lines we usually pick the left line. Most people go right as a rule. This doesn't always work but when it does hehehehe :jumpforjoy

You can put me down for a donation to dress the former bus driver in green for the visit to DIT.

The Harlem Shuffle is a Great video that shoes some of Dave's best dance moves. I'll look for it but hopefully someone else can help as I'm not good at locating stuff.

Didn't know the left hand side of the line trick. I will definitely try that on our next visit. We do always get on the left side on BTMRR a we head downstairs. It seems to go faster. Hey. That proves your trick works.

Thanks.

I love reading trip reports !!!  And I have never eaten at the 50's Prime Time.   All those trips and never been there.   I also never get tired of the Harlem Shake.  I love it when Anna wants to start early...   Finally   I hope that you escaped from the Lou !   I will be waiting to see if you got schmuck faced by the master of " Lets move along please "

I love reading trip reports !!! And I have never eaten at the 50's Prime Time. All those trips and never been there. I also never get tired of the Harlem Shake. I love it when Anna wants to start early... Finally I hope that you escaped from the Lou ! I will be waiting to see if you got schmuck faced by the master of " Lets move along please "

Don't let the salmon stop you from going there. The fried chicken, meatloaf, and pot roast are really good.

Dave's Harlem Shake video cracks me up every time I see it.

The Lou tried, and tried, and tried for the first week. But we were able to avoid him. Stay tuned if he finally tracks us down.

Ok back to the TR.

Well we've been at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for a week and it was time to move to Animal Kingdom Lodge. But first a few more pictures of Bonnet Creek. This is a view of the main building and it's pool. It has a great lazy river, it's also the smallest building. We are looking NNW and towards Epcot. Can you see the giant golf ball????

It a great place to watch the Illuminations fireworks.

disneyjune2014raysiphone395_zps99da056a.

We are looking towards the west and can really see how close we are to Carribean Beach Resort. Those towers are part of CBR

imagejpg1_zpsfaf75a86.jpg

Now we are looking SSW at the Waldorf Astoria golf course. To the right is Disney's Carribean Beach Club and off in the distance is Pop Century and AoA resorts. I'm telling you this place is right in the middle of the action.

disneyjune2014raysiphone394_zpse1269cba.

Well now it's time to say good bye to Bonnet Creek and get a taxi and move to AKL.

Actually we rented DVC points. There are two parts to AKL. The main building and the resort hotel is called Jambo House. It opened in 2001. They also have some dedicated rooms for DVC members.

The second building is called Kidani Village it was built as a DVC property. Opened in 2009. It does have its own restaurant and pool. And a nice picnic area with grills for the DVC members.

Since we were staying in DVC studio room we wanted to stay in Jambo House and they were able to accommodate our request.

If you've never visited this resort you are missing out. This place is awesome. The architecture, the art work, and of course the savannas are breath taking. You walk into a 6 story lobby on the third floor. your eye is immediately drawn to the back of the lobby were a massive picture window looks out over 30 acres of savanna with tons of animals and birds.

First picture from the front door

disneyjune2014raysiphone396_zpsea874dba.

Picture window that looks out over savanna.

disneyjune2014raysiphone398_zps51e2802e.

It's hard to tell from that last picture but towards the top of the picture you can kind of see the bridge that goes across the lobby. But here's a picture of DD standing on the lobby bridge.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014283_zps54b

Here's picture from the bridge looking out the picture window.

disneyjune2014raysiphone401_zpsc1024269.

Two pictures from the bridge looking at the front door of the resort.

disneyjune2014raysiphone403_zps411639ca.

disneyjune2014raysiphone404_zps1c7583e1.

Let's go down to the lobby we just saw and take a picture from down there. If you look to the far left and center of the picture you can see part of the bridge.

disneyjune2014raysiphone397_zpsb0355387.

DD couldn't wait to see the savanna so before we headed to our room we walked out the door and look what we found...

disneyjune2014raysiphone399_zps4e6cf825.

disneyjune2014raysiphone400_zps61bcde07.

Yes rocking chairs. Can you believe it? I sat for a moment and thought about y'all sitting on the porch at TE. It's hard to tell but the one on the left, in the second picture, is bigger than the other. I sat in that chair a few more times on this trip. And enjoyed every minute of it. How could you not with that view.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014285_zps26a

Another view of the savanna. See the little guy getting a drink?

image_zps870f1d9b.jpg

Here's a closer look.

image_zpsaff06a0f.jpg

We arrived at AKL around 11:00 am and our room was ready. So we decided to go check it out. Also the bellman passed by us with our luggage so we decided to follow him. I think DD was so overwhelmed by our room she passed out on the bed. Drama Queen! Lol!

image_zpsfd86c7b4.jpg

DD's bed for the next week. I don't know if I ever mentioned this but our DD has this thing for sleeper sofas. Every time we are going somewhere the first thing she asks about the hotel is whether or not it has a sleeper sofa. And boy is she excited when she hears there will be one. Weird isn't it?

image_zps44e9860b.jpg

It has a separateTub/shower area.

image_zps49e2542a.jpg

I love having double sinks. Especially with two girls.

image_zpse2fc4e06.jpg

They have a nice little wet bar/kitchen the area with a sink, mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker and dishes.

image_zps19b7c13f.jpg

Darn that's photo limit. We quickly unpacked, and put on our swim suits and went to the QS restaraunt down by the pool and went swimming.

But those pictures will have to wait for the next update.

Coming up we check out more of this beautiful resort eat some lunch and then get some rest. We have a big day tomorrow. We are going to O'Hana for an early dinner (can you say Pood Forn?), and then meeting up with two different Fiend families at the MK. And no one of them is not The Lou, but he does find out about the Fiend gathering at the MK.

Will The Lou finally find me and the other two fiend families. Only time and this TR will tell.

Thanks Ray