A summer long TR...with a visit to Cinderella's real castle.

I recognize that CM who gave you the trolley ride-she is often grooming horses at the TCD barn at the Fort in the mornings.

I'm glad you were able to snag a FP+ for BOG lunch. It's sweet to skip the line.

Yes, the CM's pass out the umbrellas in the BOG standby line. The Beast's castle looks great, but the Imagineers never thought about how guests in the standby line at lunch are waiting in the blazing sun, with no shade, or protection from rain.

So, they pass out umbrellas. Problem solved.

That braised pork is my favorite quick serve meal anywhere in WDW. I eat it every chance I get.

TCD

I'll have to make sure DD and I go by the TCD barn and say hi to Phyllis next time we are at the Fort.

FP+ at BOG is the only way to go.

IIRC you were part of that whole conversation. Do you remember/ know if a person can still get a FP+ for BOG?

I knew those blue umbrellas had to belong to Disney. There was just to many of them. Or they were part of a SMALL Brazilian tour group. Lol.

I wish DW would have let me try some more of the pork. I guess I'll just have to order my own next time.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lady Llewellyn and The Royal Majesty Makers Musicians.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrctttzgD9Q

Well I guess its time to start my TR. We had quite a summer and several trips. We started the summer off with a two week trip to Disney. One week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, and one week at AKL. Wher

And I can't wait to hear about Europe!

The Diaper Dans can be seen performing napping on Main St.

They roam around somewhat, but without any description, it's hard to say if they're the group you saw at the fruit stand.

BTW, it's time for them to be put to rest. Figuratively of course.

I don't think they were the ones I've seen by the fruit stand. The ones I remember there were more country. But I may be mistaken.

I thought the DDs fit in great on Main St.

Well it was time for DD's special day. No it's not her B-Day. She earned a trip to Typhoon Lagoon. Let me explain.

If our DD gets straight A's for the semester she gets to have a special day. A trip to Chucke Cheese's or something like that. If she gets straight A's all year she gets to pick an extra special day. Last year we went to Dallas Texas to Great Wolf lodge for two days. This year she choose Typhoon Lagoon. Well since we were coming to Disney anyways we said sure.

So here's a few pix of her special day.

disneyjune2014raysiphone512_zpsb3796bc9.

I was surprised to see a character at the waterpark but it is Disney.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014425_zps691

We found a couple of chairs in the sand right by wave pool. It has a nice beach entry and the pool is massive. You really can't tell how big the pool so by these pictures.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014433_zps592

And the waves got pretty big also.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014426_zps881

DD and I stayed in the shallow waters where the waves weren't as big.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014427_zpsd4b

If you look towards the top right you'll see the shipwreck. If you walk over there they have a couple of the big waterslides there.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014434_zpsd22

We decided to grab a tube and hit the lazy river. It encompasses the entire water park. It's a great way to see where everything is. I think everyone else had the same idea. It was a busy lazy river.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014440_zpsd36

One of the reasons we choose Typhon Lagoon was for the Shark Reef. It's not as big as I thought it would be but with all the little kids it was just the right size. There were stingrays, leopard sharks, nurse sharks, and lots of colorful fish. It's included with your ticket. But I'll warn you the water is a bit cold. I think they said its 68 degrees. But it was really hot outside to me it felt good.

DD and DW went first so I could take pictures.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014451_zps144

DD was a little apprehensive at first but when she got going she zipped across the reef and said she loved it.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014457_zps3ca

It was pretty cool and we all really liked it. We wanted to do it again. We walked right on the first time but now the line was very long and we figured it would take 30-40 minutes to ride it again. So if you go there go straight to the lagoon when the lines are short. Also if your not a strong swimmer or have little ones don't worry there are lifeguards all around the reef and they even had two in the water. You can see them in this picture.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014464_zps962

If you are unable to swim, in a ECV or chair, or maybe a little apprehensive you can walk into the sunken, upside down ship that separates the reef into two sections, and look out the portholes and see some of the sea life.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014467_zpsefa

We rode a couple of water slides, had some lunch, DW got some sun and DD and I rode some more. An afternoon storm came thru and they shut down the park. It was ok with us. We rode every slide except one. And that's ok too, we always say "we have to save something for next time."

So we headed back to AKL had an early dinner let DD swim and then she went to the activities room for a few hours. She had done some of the poolside activities and really liked the two CMs and wanted to hang out with them.

Woot! Woot! Adult time. So we cleaned up and took DD to the activity center. Now this wasn't free. It's basically a babysitting service but I don't think DD knew that.

DW and I walked around the lobby and had a seat in Victoria Falls. DW had some juice and I had a tasty beverage.

We weren't hungry when we sat down but Victoria Falls overlooks Boma and it smells so good it made us hungry. Lol.

So we shared a cheese plate. The cheeses, raw honey, and jelly/jam were really good. It hit the spot.

disneyjune2014raysiphone528_zps0af48ce4.

Our two hours were up so we went to pick up DD and headed to bed.

We made it one more day avoiding The Lou. Will he finally finds us tomorrow? Stay tuned. He might.

The next day we headed to HS but that will have to wait for the next update.

Ray.

That's funny, when we did Typhoon Lagoon last year the kids were beat at the end of the day so they all stayed back in the room with a movie while the adults went to Victoria Falls. Sounds like you had a fun day like we did!

And congrats on the straight A's!

Those Typhoon Lagoon pictures are really good!  I never knew that place had so much to offer.  Keep those pictures coming, Ray; I'm dying to see your shots of Europe!

There is more than enough things to do that will keep a 9 yr old busy all day. We had a really good time there.

I'm going to finishing up our trip to Disney and get us on the plane to England ASAP.

That's funny, when we did Typhoon Lagoon last year the kids were beat at the end of the day so they all stayed back in the room with a movie while the adults went to Victoria Falls. Sounds like you had a fun day like we did!

And congrats on the straight A's!

We got rained out so we left earlier than we probably would have. Or I think DD would have been asleep and we would have had our adult time on the balcony. So it worked out great for us. Victoria Falls is a great place to just sit back and relax.

Thanks. I'm very proud of her.

Great Typhone Lagone photos.  I love that place.  It's always a full day of eggsightment.

Did you got on Crushin' Gusher?  Those are the best slides in the place.

I love Victoria Falls.  It's never crowded, and has great atmosphere.

Great update.

TCD

Yes we did Crush'in Gusher. DD rode it 5 times. 3x with me and twice with DW. But we only rode the one that's of to the left by itself. The other two slides had long lines but that slide was basically a walk on every time.

We visited VF 3 times this trip. We all really liked hanging out there

Thanks. I'm going to try to get an update in tonight.