Green fence put up around a 5th wheel on the 1800 loop.

It may be as simple as since the windows were blown out, they needed a way to secure the trailer until it could be towed out. The screen may have been the simplest solution.

It looks like temporary towing lights were attached when it was towed, so something electrical makes sense.

Although, unfortunately, with the owners just disappearing and not hanging around and talking to other campers when/after the damage occurred, I suspect something more ominous.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I die, I would like to go in my trailer at the Fort.

We were in 1813 since Thursday and I can attest that there was someone camping there when we got there. There was a pretty good storm two of the nights that we were there. We saw them building the str

Meth Lab could explain the explosion could explain the thing being walled off TV confiscated Occupants gone ----- in custody All speculation I stayed at a Holiday Inn and watched Crime Shows

No TV or anything around at all since it happened?

Cody

From what everybody says, no.

Like I said before, if it was just trailer damage, all the driveway mechanics, and old men would be standing around running their mouths and figuring out why it happened, and offer advice.

As somebody who owns a unique camper, I have lots of visitors. Anything different, broken, or just difficulty backing in draws lots of looky loos and talkers.  I've been busily breaking down camp, and had several men talking and looking and analyzing my camper long after I had to ignore them and finish what I was doing to get out of there.

Okay...so reading this all again (and from I now understand) no one died??  Maybe "just" a fire?  If so, I agree with Mo that stuff can be replaced and so thankful that no one died.  

I also agree with John and his comment about Disney/Insurance wanting to preserve the site until their investigation was done, IF the fire was caused by a faulty box.

Man...interested to find out what really happened and (if it was an circuit issue) very glad I have my surge protector!

Go buy a pop up.

That wouldn't work.  The Fort has stopped allowing people putting 2 campers on 1 site, so how would he freeload?  8)

Funny thing is that is a DRV unit, high end 5th wheel, so I am sure it would be equipped with a inline surge protector, of course unless it was faulty.

Although if it was a direct lightening strike, even an inline surge protector wouldn't likely have been enough to prevent serious damage.

The question I still have is why Disney workers would be the ones installing that fence.  Assuming it was a lightening strike then the mouse is not at fault. So then, why the "privacy" fence and the police? Why would it take a few days to collect it versus, a tow right away?

It seems clear to me that something besides a small (at least small from the outside) electrical fire happened in that camper.

Funny thing is that is a DRV unit, high end 5th wheel, so I am sure it would be equipped with a inline surge protector, of course unless it was faulty.

Rennie the fiver is a Big Horn which is built by Heartland not DRV.