I don't understand the gigantic strollers people use, and why don't they know how to fold them?

WBI

And why can't they understand to remove the child from said stroller and fold it the BEFORE the tram or bus gets to them?

:banghead:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Every one of those rules shouldn't be necessary if people these days had half a brain.    In fact, I'm surprised the rule listing doesn't begin with:   "Because we have determined over the course of t

What is this, Russia?   I'm glad this guy got to enjoy Maelstrom the other day before these draconian rules took effect:     TCD

So, my 10 year old daughter is considered an "adult" when it comes to paying an entrance fee and for meals, but is NOT an adult when it comes time to ride a ride.  Not that she would ever ride anythin

I fully agree!

We are now a stroller family but I'm still not a fan of strollers. I know it will be helpful in the parks, but we will bring our little umbrella stroller because I still want to try and get through crowds as easily as possible. I don't understand the gigantic strollers people use, and why don't they know how to fold them?

WBI

I think part of it may be that a lot of those giant strollers are rentals, and it doesn't occur to the guests that they need to know how to fold them until the moment they are someplace that they need to fold them.

As for the size, people use strollers for a lot more than a place for their kid(s) to sit.   They also don't want to take the kid back to the hotel for a nap, so the kid will take a nap in the stroller too. Look at some of the big ones some time- they have enough gear, food and drinks stowed on them that they could live out of that stroller for days.  I see the benefit- but it's not right to be pushing that thing around a crowded theme park.

TCD

c. Strollers larger than 36" x 52" (92 cm x 132 cm).

can this rule also apply to transportation? I hope I dont offend anyone, but this is one of my big pet peeves at Disney. The huge strollers, people who dont seem to know how to work them, and the older kids riding in them! Your 12 year old doesn't need to be in a stroller! If it is a child or person with a disability ok but I have seen more kids 6 plus in strollers over the last year then I care to think about. If your kid is that tired then take them back to where you're staying for a rest.

And the people with the large strollers who get on the small launches first and sit right in the front seats to make it hard for people to get on and around. When we took a wheel chair for my cousin who had a broken foot, she got on and I stood aside till everyone else was on the found a place for me and the wheelchair and it folds a lot flatter then the strollers.

ok sorry rant over haha.

I'm with you.

I am constantly amazed by the size of some of the gigantic strollers that people push around WDW and right into stores and other venues, not giving a bit of thought to how they block aisles or prevent others from being able to move around.

This is a rule I'd love to see enforced. It has gotten out of hand.

TCD

I totally agree! I'm waiting to see a triple - wide stroller next.

I'm glad they incorporated the electronic cigarettes in the rules, but some won't follow that rule either...Just like the man who had the gall to light up exiting the monorail, as in on the crowded platform. I'm surprised a CM didn't catch it.

Swearing out loud at the park. Really, do you need to? Happiest Place on Earth..'nuff said.

Just like the man who had the gall to light up exiting the monorail, as in on the crowded platform. I'm surprised a CM didn't catch it.

Other than IMs, most grunt CMs are not going to risk getting punched in the face by an angry guest by telling him, or her, to put out their cigarette.

Swearing out loud at the park. Really, do you need to? Happiest Place on Earth..'nuff said.

Gotcha, you're finally over the 75 post mark and now you're fair game.

The "happiest place on earth" is Disneyland, and only Disneyland, not WDW.

You can redeem yourself by posting the WDW slogan or the MK slogan. Extra points for both.

Just like the man who had the gall to light up exiting the monorail, as in on the crowded platform. I'm surprised a CM didn't catch it.

Other than IMs, most grunt CMs are not going to risk getting punched in the face by an angry guest by telling him, or her, to put out their cigarette.

Gotcha, you're finally over the 75 post mark and now you're fair game.

The "happiest place on earth" is Disneyland, and only Disneyland, not WDW.

You can redeem yourself by posting the WDW slogan or the MK slogan. Extra points for both.

I'm so ashamed and not worthy claiming I'm a Disney fan or my AP. I'm thinking a trip on Friday is in order to WDW, where dreams come true and soak up some magic pixie dust at MK, the most magical place on earth...

d6b25af78b5854edce77af1dd3b2fb7d.jpg

I'm so ashamed and not worthy claiming I'm a Disney fan or my AP. I'm thinking a trip on Friday is in order to WDW, where dreams come true and soak up some magic pixie dust at MK, the most magical place on earth...

Mo, give Susan the highly prized gold star.

If you do make it to WDW on Friday and are near the "Frozen Summer Fun" roped off area at DHS during the morning, look for my name tag and say Hi.

I have 3 close girlfriends all with triplets and they all had triple wide strollers and they were monsters but they were needed to get the kids places. That said, they all took a double and a single to Disney.

If I had 3 kids at stroller age I might just stay home. One is enough for us 2 could be done but 3 no way.

I'm so panicking about being a stroller idiot when I have my kids and no help. I have seriously done the scenario over and over in my head so I have a plan in place.

When I went alone with my son when he was little, even if going to MK, I would park at Epcot and take the monorail over. It was much easier than trying to have to fold up the stroller and get on the tram...that's just an anxiety attack waiting to happen

When I went alone with my son when he was little, even if going to MK, I would park at Epcot and take the monorail over. It was much easier than trying to have to fold up the stroller and get on the tram...that's just an anxiety attack waiting to happen

Also, not sure if this s a no - no around here but parking at the Poly and walking over to the boat could be less stressful

They quite often (might depend on time of year) check at the Poly parking lot to make sure you have a reservation or a dining ADR there.  

Mo, give Susan the highly prized gold star.

If you do make it to WDW on Friday and are near the "Frozen Summer Fun" roped off area at DHS during the morning, look for my name tag and say Hi.

A gold star and an invite? I'm redeemed!!

They quite often (might depend on time of year) check at the Poly parking lot to make sure you have a reservation or a dining ADR there.  

It's happened to us during Thanksgiving week in the past and it also happened when I was there Memorial Day weekend. 

But the other thing to consider is that the entire Poly is under construction right now.  Not sure how much of the parking lot that's eating up for staging/equipment and how much of an effect that may have on parking restrictions.

(Cue Lou saying he doesn't tell them why he's there and it's never a problem  8) )

Also, not sure if this s a no - no around here but parking at the Poly and walking over to the boat could be less stressful

I just tell them I'm going to shop. I used to be able to go park on the far right just after the security gate but last week found out the hard way that part of the parking lot is not in use. There were several empty rows of spaces just on the other side, but I imagine that can fill up during busy times.

I'd like to see some rule about running into people. Scooters and strollers are notorious for this. If you can't operate one properly, then you shouldn't be.

My wife got hit by an older lady on an electronic wheelchair. She tried to keep going, but I stopped her. She said my wife stepped into her path - my wife was literally standing still. She ended up with back pain for a couple of months from it.

I called Disney about it but there was really nothing they could do. It wasn't one of their rentals and I didn't get info from the butthat that hit her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cue Lou saying he doesn't tell them why he's there and it's never a problem 

That's not quite accurate.

I don't go on a major holiday, so they don't really care.

If it's the Poly, I usually don't park in guest parking.

And it's not like I have a staring contest with the security CM. I just tell them I'm visiting, which I am.

In over 20 years of visiting numerous resorts numerous times during the year, I've never had a problem by just saying that I'm visiting, checking things out, looking around.

Of course if I have a rez, I tell them that.

Here's my list so far this year where I've used that line and got in.

GF, Poly. AKL multiple times, Pop, YC/BC, AS, AOA, WL many, many, times, CR, FW more times than I can count, so less than ten, and SSR.