Blessings upon Blessings Trip Report

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, hopefully this worked.  This is the photopass video of our Seven Dwarves Mine Train Ride.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClfceXi3ooI&feature=youtu.be

Here is the ride video for Tower of Terror.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU6Tf7ZPrfk&feature=youtu.be

From there, we checked to see if there any FastPass+’s were available for the 7 of us.  We were able to book for Buzz, so we went to ride that again.           Next we made our way over to the cas

The next morning, my main focus was getting dry shoes.  Dry towels were also on the agenda.  So I threw the shoes in a dryer at the comfort station and decided to do laundry while I was there.  $25 and many hours later the shoes were mostly dry and I had clean laundry.  Except then it started to rain and since all the shoes were sitting outside the camper (although they were under the awning) they all got soaked again.  I wanted to cry.  So I did.

While I spent most of the morning and early afternoon in the comfort station, the kids enjoyed the Fort.

19yo found an intruder on Bob’s dock.

657E0FB5-7EDB-444E-9CD6-723079B21D8D_zps

Being a good fiend, she felt this needed investigating.

A20BD39C-1616-4A5A-BB09-BFB267566371_zps

282A7780-DE8C-4384-ABE2-B72CB9C68E62_zps

Apparently, he didn't want to leave.  Bob will have to return to evict this bird himself.

One interesting thing I noted was when I took 17yo’s sneakers out of the dryer, the sole wasn’t firmly attached to the rest of the shoe.  In fact, it was mostly detached.  Turns out he didn’t want to worry me, so he made no mention of it before the trip.  Throwing them in the dryer only made it worse. So, we needed to buy him something and, given the weather, sandals made the most sense.   It was decided that a trip to Downtown Disney was in order.  In an odd twist of irony, 17yo didn't want to come, so he spent the afternoon by himself - his version of heaven. :)

I was interested to learn there had been so much rain, they were not running boats to the resorts from DTD because they weren't sure they would fit under the bridges.

Some pictures my daughter took after we got back to the campground.

D3AC7347-BEA0-483B-AF23-85EDECAFA838_zps

4C82B6C5-3B38-4DD0-A87B-C0996D92A8FA_zps

32CB50A6-FCE7-4CBC-B808-EC31209DCA81_zps

This was just a short update, but the next one starts our last park day. :(

The one on the dock is a Wood Stork

The other one is a Barred Owl - and it looks like it has a squirrel.

Great report Marty! Thanks for sharing!!

Thank you! :)

Thank you so much for sharing your trip photos. The sappy mom I am I found myself crying a lot because it looked like you had so much fun. Our trip in January was our last trip together as our full family, our oldest left for school this year. I think trips with older kids are so much fun. Our youngest though does not like roller coasters so I spent a lot of time on our last trip waiting with him, which was fine. 

The idea of Disney bounding is awesome, I hadn't heard of it but I will have to tell my kids about it, I imagine at least a couple of them will be doing it for our next trip. 

I may have to try the homeschool program, I had looked into it for this year but we knew we'd be doing a bunch of trips over the summer leading up to the oldest heading off so I knew financially it wouldn't be feasible. I'll consider it for another year. 

I also love that you went without your husband, not that he wasn't there but that you went anyhow and had a blast. I think I may consider doing a rental and only bringing the kids that can get away, it gets so hard as they get older and have so many activities. 

Anyhow back to your trip, it looked wonderful, the joy was definitely coming through. Your children are beautiful. 

:thank-you-smiley3:

Looks like you had a fantastic time!

We really did! :D

Great report, Marty. Time to start planning the next one, planning is part of the fun so the longer you plan the more fun it is.

I want to plan the next one but first need to find an income to support my Disney habit.  :lol:

The one on the dock is a Wood Stork

The other one is a Barred Owl - and it looks like it has a squirrel.

Thanks Ed.

Yes, thank you!

What an awesome trip!  You were so right.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

I'm glad you enjoyed reading my TR. :)

What a great trip and TR!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Your welcome! 

Marty, I enjoyed your trip report so much!  Thank you for sharing.  You have some amazing pictures and kiddos!  

Thank you! 

Finally caught up and it's over. I am so glad you all had such a good time. I was glad I finally got to meet you even if it was only for a few minutes. 

Jason, one of my regrets with this trip was that I didn't have more time to hang with Fiends, esp. you, as you did so much to help with this trip.   :heartsmiley:

That is awesome Marty!!!

It is pretty cool, isn't it?

Wow!!!! That is so awesome. 

I loved seeing that, except...

It worked!!  I like that they slow it down a bit so you can actually see yourself.

By slowing it down, they really let me see the terror on my 7yo's face.  :(

Yep it worked. And it looks great.

Did y'all get the regular photo pass or the deluxe version? Or what ever it's called.

Thanks. As Jason commented, we were part of his Memory Maker. :heart:

That is so cool!

Isn't it neat?

She was sharing on our memory maker.

:bighug:

Cool :)

I think the Mine Train video is much cooler than the ToT one, but it is still fun to have.

The TOT video is also very cool!!

Aw... poor muffin.

My money is still on her being her mother's daughter... and in 10 years she'll be shrieking joyfully with her arms up!!  8)

................................................................................................................^this^   :jumpforjoy