• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I say we all pool our money together and Melvin can be the honorary guest at our Grand Gatherings.

Just saw this in my Facebook feed.    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-FORT-WILDERNESS-Melvin-Moose-COUNTRY-BEAR-JAMBOREE-Puppet-Prop-/390944999106?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5b062346c2

Congrats Dave take good care of him.

I'm absolutely in shock. 

Speechless. 

I have wondered for years where that moose went to.  Some of you may remember my threads over at Voldy regarding it, and that carried over to here, ultimately culminating in a secret mission by TCD and me several years ago where we went backstage at Pioneer Hall in an attempt to free Melvin.  And despite what the trip report discussed...we didn't find him.  (I know, shocking).  I had to assume that he was long ago destroyed.  But apparently, he wasn't.  He was just sitting in some storage closet somewhere (maybe even backstage in Pioneer Hall....but probably elsewhere), and now someone is going to make bank by selling him. 

I really wish I could buy him.  But I can't see spending that kind of money on an old moose puppet.  Cool as it may be. 

Well, at least the mystery appears to have been solved.  Finally. 

Thanks for the memories.  We took our oldest nephew to the show in 1987. DW thinks she might have a kazoo stored in some safe place. The search will be on when we get back home.

That's a fake. Melvin's butt is sticking out my living room wall.

And for those of you that have more money than brains. http://stores.ebay.com/ThemeParkConnection

Some of the stuff is pretty cool. Wouldn't mind having the Sorceror Mickey Figurine

Hey Lou, does theme park connection get the left overs from the cast member store (I forgot the name) or do they get first choice? Just curious how they get the stuff they ultimately mark up and sell.

WBI

I'd like to know too.

Looking at some of the stuff they have, I suspect they get some sort of preferential treatment or heads up from Disney. 

Property Control has some good stuff now and then, but I've seen better stuff on TPC.

I would think that it's easier for Disney to just call TPC and say," here's some Disney crap, how much will you pay for it"?. Good enough, haul it away.

Rather than lug it over to Property Control and then conduct an auction every week.

Especially when it comes to some of the big ticket stuff they've had like the Killimanjaro Safaris plane and the Ninja Turtles van, plus all the resort furniture they get.

The rumor the other day was that was where the boats from Maelstrom were headed.

A local Habitat resale store recently posted they had some furniture from CBR. I am not sure if it is still there.

A local Habitat resale store recently posted they had some furniture from CBR. I am not sure if it is still there.

There's always a lot of used furniture for sale at Property Control, but in most cases it's not known where it's from, just that it's from somewhere on property.

I'm absolutely in shock. 

Speechless. 

I have wondered for years where that moose went to.  Some of you may remember my threads over at Voldy regarding it, and that carried over to here, ultimately culminating in a secret mission by TCD and me several years ago where we went backstage at Pioneer Hall in an attempt to free Melvin.  And despite what the trip report discussed...we didn't find him.  (I know, shocking).  I had to assume that he was long ago destroyed.  But apparently, he wasn't.  He was just sitting in some storage closet somewhere (maybe even backstage in Pioneer Hall....but probably elsewhere), and now someone is going to make bank by selling him. 

I really wish I could buy him.  But I can't see spending that kind of money on an old moose puppet.  Cool as it may be. 

Well, at least the mystery appears to have been solved.  Finally. 

Wait.  So are you saying that everything we read in a TCD TR isn't true?  That there may be some manufactured photos, notices, puppets, etc.?

Say it ain't so.

That kinda kills the magic for me.  ​And makes me look very, very dumb when I comment on references to such content in other threads……...