Your Favorite Park Carry-in

SIL loves all kinds of wine.  She also loves camping.  I bought her these for her birthday...

All of you Fiend wine connoisseurs out there, ok, both of you, know that the main reason for the stem and foot on a proper wine glass is to keep the temperature of the wine from being affected by the heat of your hand. The glasses Mo found meets the requirement perfectly. 

My only gripe with the design is that there is a lot of wasted space that could be filled with wine.

I like Cindy's idea of being able to keep it cold if you're able to put ice in the empty space.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favorite thing to carry in is vodka....I mean water

We have a seaworld here in San Antonio and they can be strict about you bring in. My experience at Disney has been that they'll let me bring in anything in my little cooler backpack...we shove all kin

If I was you I'd still make rick carry OJ. But steal some vodka from MO

LOVE.

Is there room to put ice around the wine glass to keep my super sheek boone's farm strawberry hill chilly??

All of you Fiend wine connoisseurs out there, ok, both of you, know that the main reason for the stem and foot on a proper wine glass is to keep the temperature of the wine from being affected by the heat of your hand. The glasses Mo found meets the requirement perfectly. 

My only gripe with the design is that there is a lot of wasted space that could be filled with wine.

I like Cindy's idea of being able to keep it cold if you're able to put ice in the empty space.

Actually these aren't the exact ones I found.  I can't find a photo of them, but the ones I bought had a removable bottom so you could fill the outer chamber with ice.  :)

I brought in breakfast, lunch and dinner for 7 of us, so my favorite carry-in was two large backpacks, one from LLBean, the other one is a 31 bag I won at a Fiend Raffle! :D

Here is my 12yo holding the 31 bag:

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_7060792

Yes, I am reposting photos from my TR!  LOL

Oh, and i will drink wine in whatever I can.  :lol:

What was this thread about?

It was started by yours truely because I was superdy-duperdy excited about my "free" cooler backpack and was curious about what other people like to use to lug their stuff into the parks.  An innocent comment from Jason about Vodka (are comments about liquor every REALLY inncoent?) sent us in a whole new direction. 

I am now quite concerned that may backpack does not have an adult beverage dispenser and did not include a free frisbee. :rofl2:

It was started by yours truely because I was superdy-duperdy excited about my "free" cooler backpack and was curious about what other people like to use to lug their stuff into the parks.  An innocent comment from Jason about Vodka (are comments about liquor every REALLY inncoent?) sent us in a whole new direction. 

I am now quite concerned that may backpack does not have an adult beverage dispenser and did not include a free frisbee. :rofl2:

I didn't see the picture of your new cooler until I got home.  For some reason my system at work blocks blog pictures.  The cooler is quite impressive.  It's even better than getting one with a frisbee!

I got my sister in law one of those wine glasses as a gag gift from Dollar Tree last Christmas.

I am anxiously awaiting my new cooler backpack I purchased with credit card points (yeah, me!).

It got me curious....what kind of carry-ins do you guys use??  Always looking for new ways to lug our lunch :)

Backpack_zpsb30491f6.jpg

I hope I'm never behind someone with a bag like that at the WDW Theme Park bag checks.

Wait.  Too late. Not very magical.

I wish they had a designated lane for those.

TCD

I hope I'm never behind someone with a bag like that at the WDW Theme Park bag checks.

Wait.  Too late. Not very magical.

I wish they had a designated lane for those.

TCD

My previous sack was a wally-world special and fell apart. It had lots of pockets too, but they only ever checked the big one....so I breeze right through. But perhaps it is less about the bag and more about my shining face and sparkling personality. I'm a delight, dammit! >:D >:D >:D

I think it completely depends on the guard you get checking your bag.  I have had ones who just looked in the main compartment, giving it a glance and I have had ones who go through every pocket.  Neither of those bother me as much as a one who wants to stand and chat, while his eyes and hands check nothing.  Face it, bag check is the least magical part of my trip.  It is the part that i want to spend the least amount of time on.  If you want to be chatty Cathy, work as a character minder.

I have a hideous fanny pack  (which I like because only because it's hands free) and it has 4 zippered pouches. 

I take it off and unzip everything before I hit bag check to speed things up.

The worst is when someone plunks down a bag or 3 with 57 compartments and then has to open everything up while you're behind them waiting.

Also FWIW, I've had hit or miss luck with bag check.  I've had times when they barely glanced in the main compartment, and other times when they've used a flashlight and stick to poke around in every nook and cranny.

Also FWIW, I've had hit or miss luck with bag check.  I've had times when they barely glanced in the main compartment, and other times when they've used a flashlight and stick to poke around in every nook and cranny.

So it was NOT my sparkling personality that kept my bag from being rooted in? :gaah:

My previous sack was a wally-world special and fell apart. It had lots of pockets too, but they only ever checked the big one....so I breeze right through. But perhaps it is less about the bag and more about my shining face and sparkling personality. I'm a delight, dammit! >:D >:D >:D

According to the man who checked my bag last year during WWW, I am a princess.

Really. He said to me, "Hello Princess!"

According to the man who checked my bag last year during WWW, I am a princess.

Really. He said to me, "Hello Princess!"

Don't let it go to your head.

It might have been the same guy who asked me if I was the mayor of Orlando (and he wasn't kidding).

He needs to get his glasses checked.

(I told him that I was, by the way)

TCD