Your Favorite Park Carry-in

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favorite thing to carry in is vodka....I mean water

We have a seaworld here in San Antonio and they can be strict about you bring in. My experience at Disney has been that they'll let me bring in anything in my little cooler backpack...we shove all kin

If I was you I'd still make rick carry OJ. But steal some vodka from MO

I personally try to only carry what can fit in my cargo pockets.....

and have my camera slung over my shoulder

However, Rick has a basket on the front of his scooter and a little cooler in behind. We started bringing the cooler for orange juice (he used to have sugar lows in the afternoon). That has mostly resolved itself though, so now we bring water/pepsi/dew.

I personally try to only carry what can fit in my cargo pockets.....

and have my camera slung over my shoulder

However, Rick has a basket on the front of his scooter and a little cooler in behind. We started bringing the cooler for orange juice (he used to have sugar lows in the afternoon). That has mostly resolved itself though, so now we bring water/pepsi/dew.

If I was you I'd still make rick carry OJ. But steal some vodka from MO

The previously mentioned cooler backpack has arrived. I haven't seen it, but husband confirms that there is NO adult beverage dispenser and NO frisbee. He also says it's too big. *sigh*

If it's big it can be retrofitted with an adult beverage dispenser and frisbee holder. 

One thing I loved that we carried into the parks our last trip were our bottle holders.  

You can see some in this picture:

PhotoPass_Visiting_Studios_7058239306_zp

I made each child one in whatever fabric they chose.  

Judging by the number of "potty breaks" we had, everyone stayed well hydrated in the parks. ;)

I guess this is a perk of the kids being older. I carry an ID and the lightest credit I can find.. If I'm using disney transportation or my truck (keypad) I dont even carry keys. If absolutely necessary, I carry my phone as well

• 8 months later...

This bag actually promotes itself as, "Skip the Long Bag Check Lines at Disney, Universal, Six Flags & Sea World"

http://www.therunningbuddy.com/pages/travel

diagram_with_border2_1024x1024.png?39686

A while back, I had a wallet with a magnetic clasp, and it caused problems with my credit cards, and even the old Disney passes that had magnetic stripes.  Are magnets no longer a concern?

Also, I've seen security guards ask to look in phone cases that look like that- so I wouldn't bank on being able to bypass the bag check.

TCD

A while back, I had a wallet with a magnetic clasp, and it caused problems with my credit cards, and even the old Disney passes that had magnetic stripes. Are magnets no longer a concern?

Also, I've seen security guards ask to look in phone cases that look like that- so I wouldn't bank on being able to bypass the bag check.

TCD

I had a magnetic money clip and it messed with my cc. My local bank gave me sleeves to put my cc in.

Also I think the wallet is tucked into your pants and your shirt is suppose to cover it. So the security guard won't even know it's there.

I had a magnetic money clip and it messed with my cc. My local bank gave me sleeves to put my cc in.

Also I think the wallet is tucked into your pants and your shirt is suppose to cover it. So the security guard won't even know it's there.

Oh yeah.  I had one of those once.  They ought to make them out of something more durable.

That clip-on wallet doesn't seem to be any more useful than the things that come with all of my pants- they're called pockets.

TCD

I will fess up and say that once in a while when it's been particularly chilly out, I've tucked my trusty fanny pack under my sweatshirt/jacket, stuck my hands in my pockets and skipped bag check.

I know, I know... I'll go sit in the corner... 

I will fess up and say that once in a while when it's been particularly chilly out, I've tucked my trusty fanny pack under my sweatshirt/jacket, stuck my hands in my pockets and skipped bag check.

I know, I know... I'll go sit in the corner... 

Hey- all you did is what the sellers of this magnetic thingy are trying to do. 

TCD

I always pack a small cooler with bottled water, snacks, and pb&j sandwiches..... Im too cheap to buy meals daily at the parks.... We will splurge for mickey bars and dole whips....but geesh o'pete some of those quick service food items are disgusting and $$$ and I would rather have my own food to take with us......

Yes I am that annoying person at bag check,....BUT I do always have the zippers open and try to move it along as quickly as possible....smile and nod no chatty cathy's here,...lol

Yes I am that annoying person at bag check,....BUT I do always have the zippers open and try to move it along as quickly as possible....smile and nod no chatty cathy's here,...lol

I usually do go through bag check, even with the fanny pack, and I try and make it as quick and painless as possible too.  I take it off before I get there and unzip everything.

I'd count myself lucky to end up behind you, but usually I end up behind the person with 4 bags with 37 pockets, and a fully packed stroller, who walks up like it's their very first time (and who knows, it might be), and then has to be prompted by the CM to open every single bag and pocket and unpack the piles of stuff stashed under the stroller.

Then again, I always pick the wrong line at the super market too.  8)

I'd count myself lucky to end up behind you, but usually I end up behind the person with 4 bags with 37 pockets, and a fully packed stroller, who walks up like it's their very first time (and who knows, it might be), and then has to be prompted by the CM to open every single bag and pocket and unpack the piles of stuff stashed under the stroller.

Then again, I always pick the wrong line at the super market too.  B)

This is totally me.

My girls refuse to get in any line that I do.

We all just separate at the bag check, and meet up once we're in the park.

They always beat me.

Every single time.

But, in the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal. I know that I'm going to be in the slowest line no matter what, so I just accept it, and enjoy the people watching.

BTW, I've gotten to witness several selfie stick confiscations.  Those are fun.

TCD

But, in the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal. I know that I'm going to be in the slowest line no matter what, so I just accept it, and enjoy the people watching.

Same here.  :)

BTW, I've gotten to witness several selfie stick confiscations.  Those are fun.

Oh I bet!