Lost my mind, finally starting the report!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we were walking to our site Jason spotted TCD's site. We went back to our site and set some stuff up and my mom had a voicemail saying our luggage from ME was up front. Jason called and they said it would be a while before they could bring it to us. TCD had perfect timing and came by our site and took Jason up in his golf cart to grab our stuff. So we met TCD but have no pics to prove it, we also had a visit from Lorna and Richie and Karen (dalspot) and her husband Tom, and no pictures. Adam was having a field day digging in that awful cocina crap. I swept a ton out of the camper and just found more when I tossed his shoes on the floor.

After a loop around on the monorail we needed to get back to the Fort, in hindsight we should have skipped this and did the campfire because we never got around to going. After we got off the monorail we in the elevator trying to go down, and these people from not of this land kept trying to shove in the elevator with their stroller. There was no freaking room but they kept shoving until we were all smushed. Then, other people from not of this land kept hitting the call button on the elevator so the doors would start to shut and then open again because they kept hitting the button. We waited a little over 20 mins to get a boat back to the fort, once again this little journey probably was not the best idea because the kids were tired and cranky and it was getting cold and starting to rain. The boat finally arrived and the captain gave Adam 2 of the transportation cards and one was the water parade, Lou would you like me to send it to you???

Sunday 11/9

It poured all night long (ask poor Jason about that) but it was letting up around 7ish. We had an ADR for Chef Mickey's at 8:25 and ended up being late. We waited a really long time for a boat. After waiting in a long line to check in, a we ended up being 25 mins late.

Waiting for the boat

15169664944_43212308df.jpg

Turkey's on the beach

15789603775_8baef03b7d.jpg

We had our picture taken and just sat down to wait and the buzzer went off, only 10 mins after we checked in. The chef came out quickly and spoke to us about what was not safe (no desserts at all) but he brought us a bowl of Krispie Kreme donut holes that are safe.

Squish LOVED, loved and I mean loved Donald. He was amazing with her. He took so much time with her and you could tell that he (most likely she?) really enjoyed interacting with her. We told Donald he was number 1 and the baby held up one finger and that was the most adorable thing ever, but I have no picture :( Donald was so great I ended up emailing Disney, hopefully the email makes it to the right person and Donald gets the recognition he/she deserves.

15619484608_074b327d04.jpg

15781232306_d6eb278fd9.jpg

15803037871_6f5c2cc03c.jpg

Security was easy they sent me to the TSA pre check lane so I could keep my shoes, light jacket on. I have no idea why but the fact that they did made it so much easier for me. The lady behind me was huffy because I had a lot of stuff but ironically she's the one who set off the metal detector. I had a lot of stuff (stroller, 3 book bags and a bag of medical stuff) but I was prepared and not holding up the line. Because I was carrying more than the typical amount of liquids they swabbed my cooler, and book bag but not the kids stuff or my bag of meds, nebulizer etc.

As Ray said, TSA Pre-Check does indeed rock!  Before I sprung and paid the money to get it officially, I got sent down that aisle several times... It's funny how we get programmed for certain things, still today, I feel like I am doing something wrong or illegal when I don't take out my laptop or remove my shoes before going through the metal detector.

I was second in line and a lady kept trying to cut me and was giving me the stink eye and saying it wasn't family preboarding it was for medical only. I got tired of her huffing and puffing and finally asked if she'd like to see my paperwork, that finally shut her.

Don't you love how society has turned such that everyone is out for themselves and are afraid someone is trying to get over on them?  You should have told her that you were a rock star traveling with your entourage on your way to the G-Force Records Studios in Orlando and you would give her your autograph if she liked...

I had a similar thing happen to me a couple of years ago at LaGuardia... As you have probably have read, I travel a lot... so, when I can get away with it, I do Business Select on Southwest... This particular flight, I had A-01, so would be the first to board after the pre-boards...  

The gate agent comes on the mic and does his spiel about SW boarding procedures and asks everyone to begin to line up.  As all of us "cattle" begin to get in line, you know the drill, where everyone is figuring out where they have to stand,  I move to the beginning of the line and politely step in front of this guy.  He proceeds to ask me who do I think I am jumping in front of him, and what gave me the right to do so. I calmly answered him back that the guy in the SW uniform and my boarding pass gave me that right...

After he saw that he was in the wrong and not even in the A boarding group, he went and sat back down...  After I got seated on the plane, I saw him board as one of the last folks on the plane...

Such sweet memories...my two are only turning 8 and 3 and I already feel as though it's going too, too fast.  When Brandon was turning 1, we did a big family trip to Disney and, like your sweet girl, he loved, LOVED the characters.  I mean ate. them. up!!  Each character left with several wet kisses.  We've been blessed to go to WDW once (or more) times per year, since our oldest was born and it's crazy to look back at the character pictures to see her as a baby that we held up to "the friends", to this big girl who will soon be as tall as them.  Blessed times.

Awesome that you got to meet TCD! 

True.

But it was also awesome that I got to meet Beckers, her mom and dad, and her adorable kids.

The weather that first night they arrived was pretty bad, but things improved from there.

Unfortunately, we packed up and left that Sunday morning.  So, I don't know how the rest of the trip went.  I'll find out from reading the report.

TCD