As my ticker shows, Sarah and I are taking a Mom/daughter trip at the end of April.  With the Spring discount, we couldn't resist the chance to try a different resort, so we are staying at All Star Music.

I am weighing the pros and cons of a refillable mug.

Will I be passing close to a spot to fill it on my way to catch a bus to the parks?  (The only resort i am familiar with is the Fort and i still get lost there!)

What does one do with a mug after they have drunk their coffee?  

Is it worth the cost?

The bus stop is up by check-in and the food court. So if you walk thru the courtyard on your way to the bus, yes you will be able to fill your mug on your way to the bus. When staying at one of the Resort hotels we definitely feel it is worth the cost. After you fll your mug grab a bunch of napkins to stuff in it after it's empty and stick it in whatever bag you are carrying to keep the residual liquid from running out. Once your in a park you can pour any beverages you buy into the mugs which are easier to carry than the paper cups.

100 awesome daughter points for Sarah!!

I can only relate to my stay at POP, but I'm guessing how much of a trek it is will depend on where you land in the resort.  In our case we were on the first floor and not super far from the food court, however we'd have had to take "the long way" through the food court/lobby area to refill our mugs before catching a bus to the parks, vs just popping around the corner of our building. That said, it wasn't that much longer, and for the sake of a coffee in the a.m., it probably would have been worth it.  :)

For me personally, it wouldn't have been worth lugging the cup around all day though. Although I have lugged a water bottle for 24 hour days, and in those cases I brought a carabiner and clipped it to my bag so I didn't have to carry it.

For us, it's worth the cost.  Even with a coffee maker in the RV, I still use it every morning for coffee and then again once or twice in the day for coke.   I haven't been to the All Star, but you might call and ask if the bus stop is close to the restaurant... if so, I would imagine that you would use it at least twice a day.  As for what you do, once you're done with your coffee in the morning... I guess just rinse it out and shove it in your backpack.

Have a GREAT time!!! :)

I would say yes, coffee on the way to a park, rinse out the cup and stuff with napkins as Dave said, then refill with a cold beverage on the way back to your room when you come back. Plus use in park as also said.

The bus stop at the All Stars is right out front of the main building and the restaurant is on the same side of the building. It shouldnt be that much of a walk out of your way to get a drink. If you do take it with you you can ask for cups of free ice water at any quick service and can then pour the water into you mug. It will keep it cold longer than a paper cup. 

I have stayed at all of the All-Stars over the years, and yes I agree that a mug is worth it there. You can fill it on the way out the door, and then fill it again on the way back to the room (Unless you come back after midnite)

However, having said that, we no longer get them as our resort trips are often very short trips and not worth it to us.

Also, we drink Pepsi products and bring our own or pick them up locally. As anyone who has camped with me, knows, I live with a 12oz plastic bottle of Diet Dew in my hand. I usually carry one of those out the door with me on my belt attached to a water bottle clip. Later in the day, I will get a 20oz coke bottle.

We've stayed at ASMusic more than any other resort.

Depending what building your staying in it might be the same distance to the buses as walking straight thru the lobby area to catch a bus.

We only buy one mug and have a routine every morning. DD and I hit the food court and get breakfast. We buy DW her yogurt with granola. I fill the mug with my diet coke and by the time DW gets there I'm done with my diet coke and she gets her coffee and eats. Then I fill it up with diet coke and we hit the parks.

I know we aren't suppose to share but those mugs are expensive. I hope the Disney police aren't reading this. Lol.

I feel it's worth it. I'm not a souvenir buyer. I buy a mug and maybe a pin, or two.  Once back home I use the mug almost every day for tea (I have 4 mugs from 4 visits) and it reminds me of my trips. At WDW after drinking my morning beverage I stuff it with napkins and carry it in my trusty lightweight backpack. Also, you can bring it when you tour other resorts and fill them there.  And at the bakery at the Boardwalk. If you go to a resort for lunch or dinner at Quick service you have it for your already paid for beverage.  [i'm not sure if this is still controversial. According to disney food blog this is allowed: May I only use the Disney Refillable Mug at my resort?  No. Mugs may be used at any Disney-owned resort on property. http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/disney-refillable-mugs/]

I feel it's worth it. I'm not a souvenir buyer. I buy a mug and maybe a pin, or two.  Once back home I use the mug almost every day for tea (I have 4 mugs from 4 visits) and it reminds me of my trips. At WDW after drinking my morning beverage I stuff it with napkins and carry it in my trusty lightweight backpack. Also, you can bring it when you tour other resorts and fill them there.  And at the bakery at the Boardwalk. If you go to a resort for lunch or dinner at Quick service you have it for your already paid for beverage.  [i'm not sure if this is still controversial. According to disney food blog this is allowed: May I only use the Disney Refillable Mug at my resort?  No. Mugs may be used at any Disney-owned resort on property. http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/disney-refillable-mugs/]

Since they are now controlled by micro chip readers, if the chip allows it, then it's OK. If they wanted to make the chips resort specific, they could.

Marty- since you've never been, I thought you could use a purple crayon drawing to help you visualize where the soda machines are relative to the bus stops at All Star Music:

ASM_zpsedq93pez.jpg

As others have already said, the bus stops are outside of Melody Hall.  Melody Hall is where the lobby, gift shop and food court are. You have to walk through it on your way to and from the bus stops.

I agree with the others- a refillable mug is most useful and the value resorts.

TCD

Just heap on, why don't ya :)

What's with all the Pepsi haters out there?

I like it way better than Coke (plus I hate the oversized 2 liter Coke bottles that dont fit in the fridge or our pull out soda drawer!)

Plus Pepsi is the main bottler of Mt. Dew... BEST SODA IN THE WORLD..... and Dr Pepper.

Coke has wannabe imitations.....  Mr Pibb bah!

Marty- since you've never been, I thought you could use a purple crayon drawing to help you visualize where the soda machines are relative to the bus stops at All Star Music:

ASM_zpsedq93pez.jpg

As others have already said, the bus stops are outside of Melody Hall.  Melody Hall is where the lobby, gift shop and food court are. You have to walk through it on your way to and from the bus stops.

I agree with the others- a refillable mug is most useful and the value resorts.

TCD

Thanks!!!! :D

Plus Pepsi is the main bottler of Mt. Dew... BEST SODA IN THE WORLD..... and Dr Pepper.

Coke has wannabe imitations.....  Mr Pibb bah!

Dr Pepper is bottled by many different bottlers, depending on the locale, some cans say Coca-Cola, some say Pepsi.

From Wikipedia;

In the United States, Dr Pepper Snapple Group does not have a complete network of bottlers and distributors, so the drink is sometimes bottled under contract by Coca-Cola or Pepsi bottlers. Prior to the initial Cadbury Schweppes investment-turned-buyout, 30% of Dr Pepper/Seven Up products were produced and distributed by Pepsi bottlers, and another 30% by Coca-Cola bottlers. The remaining 40% were produced and distributed by independent bottlers (mainly consisting of Dr Pepper/Seven Up premerger regional bottlers) and the Dr Pepper/Seven Up Bottling Group. Currently, the majority of Pepsi and Coke bottlers bottling Dr Pepper are owned by PepsiCo and The Coca-Cola Company after their buyouts of their major bottlers.

Presently, Dr Pepper Snapple relies on its own bottling group to bottle and distribute its products in more than 30 states. Coca-Cola and Pepsi have essentially stopped bottling and distributing CSAB products in favor of in-house alternatives, although regional exceptions can be found.

Best Regards,

Norm