• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it would give it more credibility, I'd be happy to change the title of my cinnamon roll thread to "Selfie Sticks Banned On Rides At WDW".  Then there would be two sources.  

I took this picture yesterday solely for the forum. Selfie-sticks aren't just for the young any more...

Great news. I agree, ban the iPad cameras during parades

Saw a post on Instagram that selfie sticks have been banned on all rides at Disney.

http://instagram.com/p/1JwObRMFMa/

Even if it is true, do you really think Disney is going to enforce it?

Are they going to confiscate them as you get on a ride?

The people will just wait until the ride starts and then open them up and start snapping away.

They aren't going to stop the ride and take them away once you leave the platform.

All the articles I've read (and this is all over the place today) say that people will be asked to stow them as they enter a ride, like they would any other large object they're carrying. If they whip them out during a ride, they will be asked over the PA system to do so and if they do not, the ride will be stopped.

Since this is a safety issue on attractions more than anything, I think the likelihood they will enforce it more consistently is higher than usual.

Please keep your arms, legs, feet, hands AND random stick-like objects inside the ride vehicle at all times.

All the articles I've read (and this is all over the place today) say that people will be asked to stow them as they enter a ride, like they would any other large object they're carrying. If they whip them out during a ride, they will be asked over the PA system to do so and if they do not, the ride will be stopped.

Since this is a safety issue on attractions more than anything, I think the likelihood they will enforce it more consistently is higher than usual.

Please keep your arms, legs, feet, hands AND random stick-like objects inside the ride vehicle at all times.

Interesting, and I hope they really do enforce it.

Now if they have a crew walking around in the paths with sawz-alls to chop them in half along with the Brazillian banners, they would be finally getting somewhere.

We can only hope.

Have you found other sources of this? Everything that I have seen points back to only this wdwnt.com.

Have you found other sources of this? Everything that I have seen points back to only this wdwnt.com.

A few, including this one from Orlando Theme Park News which appears to be quoting the typical "Reactive FAQs" found on The Hub - the internal CM website. And judging by what/when they post, I'm pretty sure OTPN does have a CM on staff.

As more and more Guests use selfie sticks to take photos in the area's theme parks, Disney Parks shared some reminders about their proper use and storage.

Existing procedures require Guests’ personal belongings to be properly stowed while onboard attractions, trams, and other moving vehicles – and this includes selfie sticks. As always, Guests are required to keep hands, arms, feet, and legs inside ride vehicles while riding to have a safe and enjoyable experience.

Guests should also refrain from using selfie sticks in a congested area.

A selfie stick is an elongated rod with an attachment for a camera or mobile phone. The sticks are typically extendible up to a few feet with a clamp on one end to hold the photo device in place.

Frequently asked questions:

Are selfie sticks allowed in other areas of the parks?

Yes. Guests are currently able to use selfie sticks at Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts, but they must be safely stowed while on an attraction, tram or other moving vehicle.

Why are selfie sticks not allowed on attractions, trams and other moving vehicles?

Personal belongings that are not properly stowed, including selfie sticks, pose a potential hazard

Is this a new policy?

No. Guests riding attractions, trams and other moving vehicles are already asked to securely stow any equipment such as cameras, canes and other personal belongings – and selfie sticks are in the same category.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/04/safety-reminder-about-selfie-stick.html

Stopping rides is good ... especially if I'm at the dining room scene on HM.  Maybe I'll get lucky next trip.

I hope I get stuck in the attic every time I ride. 

Just don't get lucky with your selfie stick.  

I'm pretty sure that is illegal in 37 states and the District of Columbia.