Women Tries to Bring Baby Tiger into Magic Kingdom

Part of me can't believe this is true (The Inquisitor does seem to have a knack for breaking "interesting" stories) and part of me SO can believe it is...

Woman Denied Entry At Disney’s Magic Kingdom For Trying To Bring In Baby Bengal Tiger

There are those that who to be eccentric and those who think they are just flat-out normal, but not everyone agrees with them. Such was the case of a guest who tried to enter the Magic Kingdom park in Walt Disney World on Monday with her pet, but she was not allowed entry. While some service animals are allowed entry, the woman could not bring in her pet because it was a baby Bengal tiger.

Yes, the unidentified woman tried to bring a baby Bengal tiger into the theme park, but Cast Members at the entrance denied her entry. After a bit or arguing, the Central Florida Zoo was called to retrieve the baby Bengal tiger until the end of the woman’s vacation.

image: http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/mk-tiger.jpg

mk-tiger.jpg

According to a source close to the situation who needed to remain anonymous, the woman became extremely irate and actually started claiming that Disney was making up the “no tigers allowed” rule on the spot.

Per the Walt Disney World website, service animals are allowed in the park as long as they are on a leash and always in the control of the guest. Cast Members are not allowed to take control of the animals at any time.

On the website, it does not specifically state which animals are allowed in the parks, but it does list rules and restricted areas.

“Cast Members are not permitted to take control of service animals. Guests with service animals should follow the same attraction entrance guidelines as Guests who use wheelchairs.

“Due to the nature of some attractions, service animals may not be permitted to ride. At these locations, please ask a Cast Member about available options, including Rider Switch with a member of your party or a portable kennel.”

Upon first being told that the baby tiger was not allowed in Magic Kingdom, the female guest, who is said to have been visiting from Dubai, became extremely angry. She was speaking with Disney Guest Relations and at first would not accept the fact that she couldn’t bring the tiger into the park.

After a long time period of speaking about the tiger and reassuring her that the animal would be well treated and taken care of during her time in Walt Disney World, the woman did agree to let the animal caretakers from the Central Florida Zoo care for it.

Disney would not comment on the situation when reached this evening.

As of now, it may not be posted everywhere, but there are rules for bringing wild jungle cats and other such dangerous animals into Walt Disney World. For the woman who tried to bring a baby Bengal tiger into Magic Kingdom, she learned the hard way.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1988264/woman-denied-entry-at-disneys-magic-kingdom-for-trying-to-bring-in-baby-bengal-tiger/

I laughed out loud when I read this:  that Disney was making up the “no tigers allowed”.   Seriously?  Because that needs to be posted?

Mercy... people are dumb.

No necessarily dumb, entitled and living in the land of one.

Rules don't apply to these people, everyone around them is beneath them and should feel blessed that they are even in these jackholes presence!

I can't even to begin to wrap my brain around how anybody with enough money to have a pet wild tiger, travel around the world for vacation can be so dumb as to think they can take a tiger into a theme park.

And back to Gwen's point... it was a 1 week old tiger. Unless she's bottle-feeding him around the clock, I don't see how it's even possible for a human to have such a young tiger as a "pet" you just walk around town with ...never mind try to get into theme parks.  :wacko:

Maybe she was....um.....feeding it herself?

Just out of curiosity I googled to see what a baby tiger sells for and it's approx $9,000-$10,000. So I guess if you live in Dubai and can afford a $9000-$10,000 pet you can probably afford to bring it to Disneyworld.

I just wonder what would have happened if the lady claimed it was a service animal? I bet Disney would have let her in with it.

Maybe she was....um.....feeding it herself?

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Just put of curiosity I googled to see what a baby tiger sells for and it's approx $9,000-$10,000. So I guess if you live in Dubai and can afford a $9000-$10,000 pet you can probably afford to bring it to Disneyworld.

I just wonder what would have happened if the lady claimed it was a service animal? I bet Disney would have let her in with it.

I can't imagine they'd be expected to believe a 1 month old tiger was a trained service animal.

And she apparently never even thought to claim it.  I guess she's an honest whackadoodle at least.  :blink:

I'm sure she isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer but if she did claim it as a service animal Disney would have to let her and the cub in or face a possible lawsuit.

Here's what the ADA says about it. Notice what I capitalized?

Q: How can I tell if an animal is really a service animal and not just a pet?

A: Some, but not all, service animals wear special collars and harnesses. Some, but not all, are licensed or certified and have identification papers. If you are not certain that an animal is a service animal, you may ask the person who has the animal if it is a service animal required because of a disability. However, an individual who is going to a restaurant or theater is not likely to be carrying documentation of his or her medical condition or disability. Therefore, such documentation generally may not be required as a condition for providing service to an individual accompanied by a service animal. Although a number of states have programs to certify service animals, you MAY NOT insist on proof of state certification before permitting the service animal to accompany the person with a disability.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/usvsth3m/woman-tries-take-baby-tiger-5478454

This article makes more sense. States WDW confirmed it was a Bengal Cat, not tiger.

Besides, if it were a tiger, social media would have been bombarded with pics.

So she's just a crazy cat lady. And so is the author of tht article.

"Nonetheless, it's hard to argue that theme park staff made the wrong call in this situation."