Globetrotting: to Disneyland Paris and back with TCD

You better hurry with the next update.  If you leave us all for the weekend with a bunch of photos of your walk from the parking lot, your safety will be in question.  We know the way to Dunedin.  

I understand.  But, it's not my fault that walk from the parking lot to the park is so long. 

To avoid any ugliness, though, I will be posting another update today.  So call off the dogs.

Wow.  I can't believe you had to walk that far from the parking lot.  That hotel is beautiful, and the park looks great.

I couldn't believe it either, and that would be a good reason to choose to stay in one of the other on-site resorts.

I have an old college friend who lives in Dunedin too..........and he owes me a favor.

Best Regards,

Norm

Do you really?

Dunedin isn't a very big place, maybe I know him?

TCD

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is comforting to me that even though I have been gone from FF a lot, and have missed out on so much, your selfies still suck.  The familiarity of it makes me feel right at home.   Carry on.

I agree with Dave. I bet salami and cheese were on the menu. Although if she was waving that stuff around I'm sure you would have accepted. Or maybe she assumed you had already had your horse grill yo

Did you try the cinnamon rolls at that quaint little coffee shop?  

Before we move on, I wanted to post a zoom on one of the photos of the street vendors.

I couldn't believe that this was going on right outside of the park entrance- you can see the bag check there in the background, and here you see guys selling selfie sticks, battery operated stuffed animals, and Eiffel Tower models:

street%20vendors_zpsjepxiapw.jpg

The atmosphere there was worse than outside of a cruise ship at the port in Nassau.

TCD

Before we move on, I wanted to post a zoom on one of the photos of the street vendors.

I couldn't believe that this was going on right outside of the park entrance- you can see the bag check there in the background, and here you see guys selling selfie sticks, battery operated stuffed animals, and Eiffel Tower models:

street%20vendors_zpsjepxiapw.jpg

The atmosphere there was worse than outside of a cruise ship at the port in Nassau.

TCD

Ouch.  That's saying a lot!

Ouch.  That's saying a lot!

Yeah.  Maybe I went to far with that.  Those guys weren't offering to braid anyone's hair or sell them Cuban cigars or other smokable products.

Man, I bet dragging a tired kid 3/4 a mile to the parking lot after a long day is fun. 

Seriously.  Especially if you're also toting your new selfie sticks, stuffed animals and Eiffel Tower models.

TCD

Yeah.  Maybe I went to far with that.  Those guys weren't offering to braid anyone's hair or sell them Cuban cigars or other smokable products.

Seriously.  Especially if you're also toting your new selfie sticks, stuffed animals and Eiffel Tower models.

TCD

Maybe the parents (and kids) are fortified with the wine the smuggled into the park and sipped on all day.

Do you really?

Dunedin isn't a very big place, maybe I know him?

TCD

Well if you get delivery from Jimmy John's you may know him but I doubt it. He's only lived there a couple years, moved there from Kansas, and originally from Massachusetts.

Best Regards,

Norm

Maybe the parents (and kids) are fortified with the wine the smuggled into the park and sipped on all day.

LOL.  They don't even need to smuggle it in here- they sell beer and wine right in the park.

Well if you get delivery from Jimmy John's you may know him but I doubt it. He's only lived there a couple years, moved there from Kansas, and originally from Massachusetts.

Best Regards,

Norm

Oh, him.  He's freaky fast.

Actually, I don't think there's a Jimmy Johns that delivers to our house. There's been a sign up in a local shopping center for one that is supposed to be coming, but so far, there hasn't been any construction activity there.

TCD

OK, we're in Disneyland Paris.

We didn't have much of plan for today.  The park was open until 11:30 pm, and it was around 4:30 now.  We wanted to kind of get an overview, maybe see the afternoon parade, and see the fireworks at the end of the night.  Twin #1 made it here for a day trip last year, but it was terribly cold and rainy the day she visited, and she had to catch the last train back to Paris before the fireworks.  The weather for us was great, but we didn't know how it would be for the other days we would be here.  Another issue for us was that we hadn't eaten since those rolls we got on the train, but we were hoping to eat a big dinner somewhere in the park.

But, we also had to soak all of this in.  I assume these topiaries were part of the Swing Into Spring deal:

5%2013%2014%20327_zpshneuouay.jpg

I don't think they use fake flowers in Epcot, but the French are dirty little cheaters, so they do:

5%2013%2014%20328_zps2t5lmvic.jpg

The original dedication plaque from when this place was called Euro Disney is still here:

5%2013%2014%20329_zpsfjhtrg1k.jpg

Here's a zoom on the English translation, in case you're interested:

dlp%20dedication_zpsoedsuleq.jpg

Good old Michael Eisner. I remember him.

Main Street here had a very familiar feel to it:

5%2013%2014%20330_zps7o6hj3s4.jpg

One thing I noticed right away is that they spent some money doing things right in this park.  Look at the street, for example. It's not painted concrete like at the MK.  It's nice, real, bricks.  And the street is noticeably wider than it is at the MK.  Which made it much easier to walk up and down without feeling crowded.

This is a look back at the gazebo and park entrance from the base of Main Street. You can see the Disneyland hotel there in the background:

5%2013%2014%20331_zpsxu2dk1hw.jpg

We are finally heading in:

5%2013%2014%20332_zpsrgrgqlua.jpg

The castle is really nice.  At least as nice as at WDW's.  Another thing I noticed right away is how different the clientele was here.  I saw very few strollers, and those I did see were not the humongous behemoths WDW guests use, and we did not see one person riding around in one of those scooters you see all over WDW. Not one:

5%2013%2014%20333_zpsetdk4bny.jpg

Since we skipped lunch, we were looking for some kind of snack to tide us over until dinner.  We came across Casey's Corner, and thought we could split an order of corn dog nuggets.  Unfortunately, they don't have those here:

5%2013%2014%20334_zpspzfcimwi.jpg

But, as you might be able to see, they do serve beer here.  They don't serve beer at the MK or in Disneyland park in California, but, the French don't care about Walt Disney-he's dead.

French people acting French:

5%2013%2014%20335_zps9bxffpw8.jpg

Since corn dog nuggets were out, I decided to use one of the food vouchers I had received at check in.  The deal we got from Travelocity was for what is called a "half-board" plan.  I wasn't exactly sure what was included with that, but when we checked in, we received vouchers good for two breakfasts, two dinners and two "pause gourmets" for each of us.  Pause Gourmet is a French word which apparently means very small snack.  I was able to cash in two of the vouchers there at Casey's Corner for two Magnum ice cream bars and two beverages:

5%2013%2014%20336_zpsqtkpv7qu.jpg

We soon learned that the French love Magnum bars.  But, their Magnum bars are small and stickless:

5%2013%2014%20337_zpsgxebg53t.jpg

This receipt told me that the out of pocket cost for our snack would have been 10.98 euros, which is around $12.20:

5%2013%2014%20364_zpsy5k4m700.jpg

DD thought she would like the Pellegrino water, but she didn't, so I got to drink that:

5%2013%2014%20363_zpsrafzlgsu.jpg

We ate our snack sitting on the curb of Main Street, which looks a lot like the MK and Disneyland California Main Streets:

5%2013%2014%20338_zps0ffriaxp.jpg

As we sat there, I took out the park map and looked at it for the first time.  In planning this trip, I had several guide books that I consulted for our visits to Dublin, London and Paris, but hadn't really done any planning for what we would do once we actually got in to the parks here.  I figured it would be easy to figure out, and it was.  To help you follow along, let's take a look at the map and familiarize ourselves with the layout of the park:

dlp%20map_zpswfzegt0h.jpg

As you can see, the general design of the park is very familiar and similar to the MK.  But, look at where Frontierland is- it and Adventureland have swapped places here.  And, there's no Liberty Square.  Fantasyland is really big, and there's no Tomorrowland- they call it Discoveryland here.  You can also see that things are missing.  Like they don't have the Jungle Cruise here, or Tiki Birds.  No Hall of Presidents either.  No Country Bears.  No Splash.  No New Fantasyland.  But, they do have a lot of familiar rides and a few unique ones, so we'll be fine.

As we looked at the map, we decided that we would hit the Frontierland and Adventureland side of the park first. We also noticed that the afternoon parade hadn't happened yet.  They don't do it at 3 pm over here.  Instead it wasn't until 5:30, which was just about an hour from now.  And, we had a great place that we were already sitting in right here on Main Street.  So, the plan was that we would stay in this spot so we had a good spot for the parade, and I would run over to Frontierland and get us some of those good old paper Fastpasses for something that we could use after the parade.

I left my backpack with DD to hold my spot, and headed off to find some Fastpasses.   I followed this old Coke truck up the street toward the hub:

5%2013%2014%20340_zpsksmbv9cr.jpg

Instead of the Plaza Ice Cream parlor, they have the Gibson Girl Ice Cream parlor.  That's what they call their ice cream parlor in Disneyland California, but it's not in the same place as our Plaza one.  This one is:

5%2013%2014%20341_zps6zghxvaw.jpg

I was getting my first closer look at the castle as I walked.  I really like the hub area here- it's very big and very open.  Look how there is a big hill with trees on it next to the castle, and also look at the beautiful blue sky we were enjoying today:

5%2013%2014%20342_zpsbcg7doxs.jpg

Another look at the castle.  I hate to say it, but I think this one trumps Cinderella castle at the MK:

5%2013%2014%20343_zpsgpt7i7ne.jpg

5%2013%2014%20345_zpsrsjnbap2.jpg

Sure enough, the Frontierland entrance was where the Adventureland entrance should have been.  They sure did a nice job on all the theming here:

5%2013%2014%20346_zpschvacbhv.jpg

This is a kid's play area just off the entrance to Frontierland- look at those real birch trees:

5%2013%2014%20347_zpsx5gyftmf.jpg

This entry area beats both the Florida and California versions:

5%2013%2014%20348_zpsbl5cujdg.jpg

We can't have cannons at Fort Wilderness, but the French sure can:

5%2013%2014%20349_zps24x0jkjw.jpg

Big Thunder Mountain wasn't hard to find. But the ride entrance/FP distribution area was.  That's because the ride is out there on an island:

5%2013%2014%20350_zpsp2cxmwyl.jpg

This building looks a lot like the Diamond Horseshoe in the MK and the Golden Horseshoe in Disneyland:

5%2013%2014%20351_zpsi53yunms.jpg

There's Big Thunder Mountain out on its island.  That island was similar to Tom Sawyer's Island in terms of its placement and size, but instead of caves and barrel bridges, there's a huge rollercoaster on it:

5%2013%2014%20352_zpstubovekq.jpg

And look at this- they have a river boat that goes around the island.  It's called the Molly Brown:

5%2013%2014%20353_zpsueagluky.jpg

They take ride photos of you on Big Thunder Mountain.  Here's the photo viewing area.  That meant the ride exit must be close.  And hopefully the entrance and FP machine would be around here too:

5%2013%2014%20354_zpstv6slvaq.jpg

Don't worry, it was.

I'll be picking up my FP's in the next update, and then heading back to sit on Main Street and do some people watching and make some observations about the folks around us.  Some of you might like that.  Then there's going to be an overload of parade photos, followed by dinner and a look at the attractions we got to experience that first night.  In other words, something for everyone.

TCD

WOW, what a walk from the parking lot.... sorry I'm back to staying at one of the resorts. In my mind our trip will be in the September/October time frame, (someday) so can probably live without air.

I am worried about the accessibility, or lack thereof though. An ECV is an unfortunate big part of our trips.

With all that walking did you notice if there seemed to be a lot of people using scooters? I didn't really notice any in your pictures. What about the strollers for children?

It's scary you read my mind as it looks like you answered my questions before I hit post on my reply.

It's not scary, I have that app where you can read drafts of what people are posting before they post, so I knew you were going to ask that.

WOW, what a walk from the parking lot.... sorry I'm back to staying at one of the resorts. In my mind our trip will be in the September/October time frame, (someday) so can probably live without air.

I am worried about the accessibility, or lack thereof though. An ECV is an unfortunate big part of our trips.

Yeah, that's probably a good call.  It wasn't so bad, but it was a pain, and would have been worse if we had to park at the far end of a row. 

I'm not sure what people who need ECV's do in Europe.  There obviously is no ADA over there, and it seemed that very little effort has been made to make things accessible.  In all of the modes of public transportation, there is a lot of walking up and down stairs or taking escalators.  I'm sure there are elevators somewhere, but they weren't anywhere that would be convenient.

I don't know if there are companies that rent ECV's for park guests to use.  I would guess there are, but maybe not.  I'm not kidding when I said we never saw a single one.  Coming from WDW, that was weird.

The castle looks beautiful. 

Wee little ice cream bars. 

Great update! I'm excited for the people watching. I bet that will be interesting. 

The castle is beautiful, and there are some cool features inside it which we will get to eventually.

Yeah, the French like to serve small drinks and small desserts.  But then they stuff their faces with croissants and baguettes slathered in butter or covered with big slices of cheese, pound it down with much wine, and then enjoy a nice after dinner cigarette.  And they say we're unhealthy?

TCD

I'm not sure what people who need ECV's do in Europe.  There obviously is no ADA over there, and it seemed that very little effort has been made to make things accessible.  In all of the modes of public transportation, there is a lot of walking up and down stairs or taking escalators.  I'm sure there are elevators somewhere, but they weren't anywhere that would be convenient.

I don't know if there are companies that rent ECV's for park guests to use.  I would guess there are, but maybe not.  I'm not kidding when I said we never saw a single one.  Coming from WDW, that was weird.

TCD

HIJACK

Ten-year strategy (2010-2020) for people with disabilities so they can take part in all aspects of daily life across the EU.

About 80 million people living in the EU have a mild to severe disability. The physical obstacles they face, like gaining access to a school or work place, leave them vulnerable to social exclusion. Lower employment and education levels mean the poverty rate for those with disabilities is 70% higher than the average.

The European Disability Strategyf_pdf_16.gif aims to make it easier for people with disabilities to go about their daily lives like everyone else - and enjoy their rights as an EU citizen.

It will ensure access to EU funding, raise public awareness about disability, and encourage member governments to work together in removing obstacles to inclusion.

It will also fulfil the EU's commitment to the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, which the bloc and its member countries signed in 2007.

The strategy's targets for the first five years include:

• devising policies for inclusive, high-quality education
  • ensuring the European Platform Against Poverty includes a special focus on people with disabilities. The forum brings together experts who share best practices and experience
  • working towards the recognition of disability cards throughout the EU to ensure equal treatment when working, living or travelling in the bloc
  • developing accessibility standards for voting premises and campaign material
  • taking the rights of people with disabilities into account in external development programmes and for EU candidate countries.

The commission will also consider proposing a "European Accessibility Act", which would set EU standards for products, services, and public buildings. For example, it would make it easier for manufacturers of assistive devices like wheelchairs or large print keyboards to trade across borders, bringing costs down.

Promoting accessibility is an important part of creating a culture of equal opportunities for all in the EU. But it also stands to benefit the economy as a whole. Boosting the industries that invest in accessible products and services will foster innovation and create jobs.

Seems like they are a ways behind the US.

Each country may have some sort of plan, I didn't dig that deep.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

HIJACK

Ten-year strategy (2010-2020) for people with disabilities so they can take part in all aspects of daily life across the EU.

About 80 million people living in the EU have a mild to severe disability. The physical obstacles they face, like gaining access to a school or work place, leave them vulnerable to social exclusion. Lower employment and education levels mean the poverty rate for those with disabilities is 70% higher than the average.

The European Disability Strategyf_pdf_16.gif aims to make it easier for people with disabilities to go about their daily lives like everyone else - and enjoy their rights as an EU citizen.

It will ensure access to EU funding, raise public awareness about disability, and encourage member governments to work together in removing obstacles to inclusion.

It will also fulfil the EU's commitment to the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, which the bloc and its member countries signed in 2007.

The strategy's targets for the first five years include:

• devising policies for inclusive, high-quality education
  • ensuring the European Platform Against Poverty includes a special focus on people with disabilities. The forum brings together experts who share best practices and experience
  • working towards the recognition of disability cards throughout the EU to ensure equal treatment when working, living or travelling in the bloc
  • developing accessibility standards for voting premises and campaign material
  • taking the rights of people with disabilities into account in external development programmes and for EU candidate countries.

The commission will also consider proposing a "European Accessibility Act", which would set EU standards for products, services, and public buildings. For example, it would make it easier for manufacturers of assistive devices like wheelchairs or large print keyboards to trade across borders, bringing costs down.

Promoting accessibility is an important part of creating a culture of equal opportunities for all in the EU. But it also stands to benefit the economy as a whole. Boosting the industries that invest in accessible products and services will foster innovation and create jobs.

Seems like they are a ways behind the US.

Each country may have some sort of plan, I didn't dig that deep.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

So, if they're half-way into that 10 year strategy, I didn't see much evidence that they've accomplished anything.

In America, we're probably used to seeing handicap stalls in restrooms, and cross walk signals that are audible, and ramps and railings and such.  Over there, I saw none of it.  The double deck buses in England, for example, had no accommodations for people in wheelchairs.

But. let's get back to our story . . .

Another thing I noticed in your photos is there don't seem to be any Ipad guys. Did you see many of them there? What about the Flag carrying and chanting groups?

No on the flag carrying and chanting groups.  There were none.

But iPad and kid on shoulders guy was there.  Wait until the fireworks.

If they built a Disney South America, WDW would be like a ghost town!

LOL.

But, I would make it my mission to take large groups of the most obnoxious American teens I could find, teach them chants, and bring them there.

TCD

You know what?

I have a lot of Disneyland Paris photos.

So I'm going to go ahead and post one more batch today before the weekend starts.

I won't be near a computer this weekend, so this will need to hold you over until Monday, and then I'll be back to hit this report hard.

We left off with me looking for Big Thunder Mountain Fastpasses.  As I continued my search, I enjoyed the extensive theming and props around this attraction.  I would dare say that they did a better job of that here than in either of the US parks:

5%2013%2014%20355_zpsaiaw7din.jpg

Found it!:

5%2013%2014%20356_zpsd8lsxwz2.jpg

Score!:

5%2013%2014%20357_zpsv71mt6tk.jpg

There's that military time again.  Those FP's were good for between 7:15 and 7:45.  That's right-they only give you a half hour window there.  Which could be a problem sometimes, but I didn't think it would be for us.  The time was perfect, as far as I was concerned, because we planned to eat dinner as soon as possible after the 5:30 parade.

Now I'm heading back to Main Street with my FP's.  Here we are walking through Frontierland again.  I really like the fort and the rocks and all the detail here:

5%2013%2014%20358_zps3pzbhhcz.jpg

I wasn't sure if I had enough castle pics, so:

5%2013%2014%20359_zpsagptnu4u.jpg

I checked on DD as I came down Main Street, she was fine.  We had been on the move ever since this trip began, and I think she liked just sitting there watching people stream by.

At this point, we didn't have definite dinner plans.  Other than we wanted to eat as soon as we could.  I had those vouchers, and they said they were good at any of the buffet style restaurants.  They had a list of them and the Plaza was on that list.  The voucher also said reservations were highly recommended.  I had none.  There is no on-line reservation system for DLP, and I wasn't about to make a long distance call to France before our trip.  So, I decided to visit City Hall and see what they could do for me there:

5%2013%2014%20360_zpscynb9mb3.jpg

I got a great CM who asked what I would like, and in a few clicks of her computer, we were all set with a 6 pm reservation at the Plaza.

Perfect.

Then is was back up Main Street.  It's funny how this park is oriented north/south just like the MK, so the same side of Main Street gets shade in the afternoon:

5%2013%2014%20361_zpstt1cearp.jpg

I rejoined DD and we watched the world go by.  We also were exposed to something I had read about- French guests who blatantly disregard the smoking rules.  This wasn't a problem in Ireland or England, but in France, the French smoke whenever and wherever they want, rules be damned.  So Frenchy here next to us is smoking up a storm. And so was everyone else in his family.  Maybe even the kids:

smoker_zpsofoqoigb.jpg

I'm not one of those extreme anti-smoking people.  I have many friends who smoke, and it doesn't really bother me the way it bothers some people. But what bothered me is the attitude.  There are designated smoking areas here, but these people ignore them.  And the park management looks the other way. 

Anyway, if you go to DLP, be prepared to smell cigarette smoke everywhere you go.  The place smells like an ashtray, which is apparently what the French people think it is.

Moving on from that unpleasantness ,do you see that girl in the princess dress out there in the street?  Do you recognize which princess it belongs to?:

5%2013%2014%20365_zpslnpuzyqb.jpg

This dress was popular.  We saw more girls in it than any other.  And we didn't know what it was.  Then DD noticed a seashell pattern in the fabric.  it's Ariel's wedding dress.   I don't think that's a popular dress in the states.  It's odd that it was everywhere over here.

I really liked just watching the people walk by.  Their mannerisms and even how they walked was quite different to what I'm used to seeing in America:

5%2013%2014%20366_zpsvkqvpil1.jpg

There was a store down Main Street that caught my eye- it was in the place where Uptown Jewelers would be in the MK, and it was called Main Street Motors- I wondered what kind of things they sold in there:

5%2013%2014%20368_zpszfopkxkr.jpg

If you keep looking down the street in that last photo, you will see the top of the Disneyland Hotel. Those windows you see are guest rooms, and some of them have balconies.  How nice it would be to stay in one of those rooms and be able to watch the fireworks from there.

Right before the parade was about to start, CM's came out to tell everyone to back up and keep their feet out of the road- just like at the MK.  But here, it wasn't OK to sit on the curb and have your feet in the street:

5%2013%2014%20369_zpsif48hcqe.jpg

They went up and down the street to make sure that no one had any feet past the curb:

5%2013%2014%20370_zpsujytcsce.jpg

I took this shot right at 5:30.  The parade would have just been starting back in Fantasyland, but would take a few minutes to get here. It really wasn't all that busy:

5%2013%2014%20371_zpsscmbr6vz.jpg

I looked to see if any of the windows across from us magically slid open to allow speakers to play music, but none of them did:

5%2013%2014%20372_zpspfkrqwwx.jpg

Across from us, everyone was behaving and keeping their feet out of the street:

5%2013%2014%20373_zpsf5e57fsm.jpg

Look at everyone waiting for the parade- no strollers, no scooters- just people:

5%2013%2014%20374_zpsbrh2ni00.jpg

There were some kids across the street who decided to see if they could get away with having their feet in the street.  Nope:

5%2013%2014%20375_zpse8oqupio.jpg

It was 5:42 when the parade finally came into view- the fairies from Sleeping Beauty lead the parade, and they're on wheels just like in the Festival of Fantasy parade at the MK.  They were doing it here first, though.  So, it would be really cool, except that we've seen it done many times by now:

5%2013%2014%20377_zpsarzmoojk.jpg

I'm not sure if they use real horses anywhere in DLP, but they don't have any in the parade:

5%2013%2014%20378_zpschwrjsdj.jpg

5%2013%2014%20379_zpsyxyi6egv.jpg

Did you see what's coming down the street behind the fake horses in that last photo?

I prepared to get a nice Anna and Elsa photo, but failed when my camera battery died.

I had spares, so I did a quick change-out, but I missed the shot.

I just got the back of the float, which was Rapunzel themed:

5%2013%2014%20380_zpsaxzjawpe.jpg

Flynn was back there too:

5%2013%2014%20381_zpsjefqiq5k.jpg

Next was Alice and her crew:

5%2013%2014%20382_zpsj2szhixo.jpg

I am a Mad Hatter magnet. That dude always has to bother me.  And, I'm not even a fan:

5%2013%2014%20385_zpsr6jqta4l.jpg

This Alice float is strange.  But, then so is the movie:

5%2013%2014%20386_zpsons1ukb9.jpg

The back of the Alice float was Pinocchio.    I'm kind of slow, but I see what they're doing here- each float had one movie represented on the front, and a different one on the back:

5%2013%2014%20387_zpsp2ix4g0z.jpg

That girl puppet there creeps me out:

5%2013%2014%20388_zpswefvq70u.jpg

Next came Toy Story:

5%2013%2014%20390_zpsyroxltdi.jpg

5%2013%2014%20391_zpsnmgcqp4n.jpg

I was wondering if there was any connection between the movies that shared floats.  So far, we had seen a Frozen/Tangled combo, and then a Alice in Wonderland/Pinocchio float.  What would go on the back of a Toy Story float?

I have a photo of it, but it's going to have to wait until the next update.

We will finish up the parade and move on to dinner in that one.

TCD

(a bit late on the last update....)

I think those trash cans are so much better than the ones buried half-way in the ground at The Fort!

Hate to say it, but I think the cabin layout in the loops is nicer too... the trees give you nice privacy between each.

Where are all the people??? 

This shot was taken from in front of our cabin, looking toward the end of the loop:

5%2013%2014%20264_zps08vrp863.jpg

I was wondering if there was any connection between the movies that shared floats.  So far, we had seen a Frozen/Tangled combo, and then a Alice in Wonderland/Pinocchio float.  What would go on the back of a Toy Story float?

I have a photo of it, but it's going to have to wait until the next update.

We will finish up the parade and move on to dinner in that one.

TCD

Winnie the Pooh???

(a bit late on the last update....)

I think those trash cans are so much better than the ones buried half-way in the ground at The Fort!

Hate to say it, but I think the cabin layout in the loops is nicer too... the trees give you nice privacy between each.

Where are all the people???

I agree with you that Davy Crockett Ranch has a better wilderness feel than Fort Wilderness.  They went too far when they cleared out the woods at Fort Wilderness.  There was much more privacy at Davy Crockett Ranch.

I said after I posted that photo of all the empty driveways that when we came back that night, there was a car at every cabin.  No one sticks around during the day, and you have to drive since there is no bus.  There are no organized activities of any kind for the guests.  Nothing.  I don't think that it was always that way- but it is now.

Winnie the Pooh???

Tell the truth: you saw Eeyore walking behind the float, didn't you?

TCD