Globetrotting: to Disneyland Paris and back with TCD

Oh man that would have really ticked me off too, but yeah what can you really do at that point.

Faux Fort Wilderness isn't really appealing to me at this point.

DLP on the other hand has me perplexed, some of that stuff looks really amazing and to hear you say the fireworks are better than DL or WDW has me wanting to go.  Honestly I was never sure if we would go to DLP but now it's back on the list.  I'd like to stay at that one over the main gate though so I might have to wait until I start playing the lottery.

Oh and I really like that tunnel/corridor area too, I agree that would be a great addition to Magic Kingdom.

Thanks for all the info and I'm ready for more.

WBI

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is comforting to me that even though I have been gone from FF a lot, and have missed out on so much, your selfies still suck.  The familiarity of it makes me feel right at home.   Carry on.

I agree with Dave. I bet salami and cheese were on the menu. Although if she was waving that stuff around I'm sure you would have accepted. Or maybe she assumed you had already had your horse grill yo

Did you try the cinnamon rolls at that quaint little coffee shop?  

I found the following on a google search

It looks like in earlier years, there may have been campsites.

from Wikipedia

"The very first employees of the Euro Disney were housed in Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch (then known as Camp Davy Crockett). Obviously, the Ranch was operational before the other hotels. This was in September 1991. Crockett’s Tavern was the first restaurant to open on 2 February 1992 at the Ranch.

Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch officially opened with the Euro Disney Resort in April 1992."

From

http://www.dlp.info/Guestinfo/Camping.asp

The Disneyland Resort Paris unfortunately closed the camping ground section of Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch (in the first years called "Camp Davy Crockett") in the fall of 2002.But at least for motor caravans, and only for motor caravans and not for normal caravans or tents, DLRP continues to offer the possibility to stay overnight at the main-parking-area of the theme parks.

I went to Paris in 1979 and decided never to go back.  The people were just so rude.

When I went to Epcot last fall and saw the movie at the France Pavilion, I thought maybe France isn't so bad and I might give it another chance, if the opportunity ever presented itself.  

Now i am leaning toward my earlier impression again.  I think I would rather spend time in Germany or England, rather than spending time being insulted by the French.

Oh man that would have really ticked me off too, but yeah what can you really do at that point.

Faux Fort Wilderness isn't really appealing to me at this point.

DLP on the other hand has me perplexed, some of that stuff looks really amazing and to hear you say the fireworks are better than DL or WDW has me wanting to go.  Honestly I was never sure if we would go to DLP but now it's back on the list.  I'd like to stay at that one over the main gate though so I might have to wait until I start playing the lottery.

Oh and I really like that tunnel/corridor area too, I agree that would be a great addition to Magic Kingdom.

Thanks for all the info and I'm ready for more.

WBI

I liked DLP, and I'm glad that I got to see it and Davy Crockett Ranch.  But, if I'm being honest, I left there disappointed.  Especially with Davy Crockett Ranch.  You'll see why as this report continues.  If money was no object, I do think staying in the Disneyland Hotel with a room overlooking the park would be a fun trip.

One thing I read as I researched what I could before the trip is that DLP will celebrate its 25th anniversary in 2017, and that there will be a big push to spruce things up and maybe add some new attractions for that.  They're kind of in a holding pattern now.

Wow... upsetting to hear that the manager would not even come out to talk with you; even if he/she could not fix anything.... to not even say hello, that's frustrating just to read :(

Yup.  That was when it finally dawned on me that there was something definitely different about how things are run at DLP.  One of the things my daughters took away from working the Disney College Program last year is that Disney strives to please its guests.  I've found time and time again that if something is legitimately not right at WDW, speaking in a calm and courteous manner to a CM in charge will result in what they call "guest recovery," and they will always address valid complaints.  This view used to be a lot more common in corporate America.  Unfortunately, it has become rarer and rarer, but it still mostly exists in WDW.  It became apparent that is obviously not the case at Disneyland Paris. 

I couldn't believe that the manager sent the front desk CM back out to tell me that there was nothing they could do about the Wi-Fi.  The CM was obviously not happy to have to come out and tell me that, and that's when I decided to just let it go. 

The coonskin hat/plaque was cool..... No WiFi was not :(

I understand that stuff happens.  But I later confirmed that the Wi-Fi thing was a longstanding problem, and management's response was to do nothing.  I haven't gotten into it yet, but the amount of construction that was going on all around the resort was very disruptive and unpleasant.  There's a huge project going on.  This is something that should have been communicated to guests in advance, and prices should have been adjusted accordingly.  Instead, they chose to say nothing about it, and let guests show up to what looks like a giant construction project.

Mercy what an ordeal. Makes you thankful for the staff at WDW,:and that is saying a lot.

You're absolutely right.

Wow, :dropjaw: I thought the Fort had Idiot Managers, :dropjaw: They got nothing on DCR managers.   :dropjaw: Not hard to figure out how that IM got the grave yard shift.

True.  I figured being the night manager at Davy Crockett Ranch is not very high on the DLP food chain.  The front desk staff was nice, but they clearly weren't very well trained, and didn't seem to know much about the resort.

DLP is not on my list.  But I'm very grateful that TCD bit the bullet for us and is providing such wonderful pictures.

DLP wasn't really on my list either.  But, I'm glad I went.  And, despite my disappointment, I would give it another chance.  Especially if they are going to fix things up for their 25th anniversary.

I found the following on a google search

It looks like in earlier years, there may have been campsites.

from Wikipedia

"The very first employees of the Euro Disney were housed in Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch (then known as Camp Davy Crockett). Obviously, the Ranch was operational before the other hotels. This was in September 1991. Crockett’s Tavern was the first restaurant to open on 2 February 1992 at the Ranch.

Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch officially opened with the Euro Disney Resort in April 1992."

From

http://www.dlp.info/Guestinfo/Camping.asp

The Disneyland Resort Paris unfortunately closed the camping ground section of Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch (in the first years called "Camp Davy Crockett") in the fall of 2002.But at least for motor caravans, and only for motor caravans and not for normal caravans or tents, DLRP continues to offer the possibility to stay overnight at the main-parking-area of the theme parks.

Very interesting.

It's hard to find information about Davy Crockett Ranch and its history.  It was even hard for me to find a map of the place online before we went.  I wonder where the campsites were?  There aren't many loops there, and they are all cabins now.

I guess the name change from Camp Davy Crockett to Davy Crockett Ranch must have happened when they closed the campsites, as there's no camping there now.  There's no ranch either, but I guess Davy Crockett's Mobile Home park doesn't sound very inviting. 

Since there is so little information about Davy Crockett Ranch on-line, someone needs to start DCRFiends.net.

I went to Paris in 1979 and decided never to go back.  The people were just so rude.

When I went to Epcot last fall and saw the movie at the France Pavilion, I thought maybe France isn't so bad and I might give it another chance, if the opportunity ever presented itself.  

Now i am leaning toward my earlier impression again.  I think I would rather spend time in Germany or England, rather than spending time being insulted by the French.

We didn't run into any blatant rudeness in France up to this point of the trip.  But, we hadn't gotten to real Paris yet.

One event in particular there has left an indelible impression on me about that city.  And it's not a good one.  But, I need to tell this story in the order things happened.

TCD

Although we had experienced some less than magical issues at Davy Crockett Ranch, we had come a long way to get here, and I was determined that we would make the best of it.  We were only going to be here for two nights, and that meant we would only be here for two mornings.  I wanted to get a good look at the place, so I decided that I would rise with the sun on the first morning and take a nice walk around before we headed off to EMH at the Disneyland park.

I left the cabin at 6:40 am.  The sun was coming up that early.  Which is crazy, considering how late it had set.  We definitely weren't in Kansas Florida anymore:

5%2013%2014%20554_zpsfkvw6mfq.jpg

My plan was simply to walk along the pedestrian path shown on this map from our loop down to the Davy's Village area, and then back.  Along the way, I would see what I could see.  I thought maybe I would see some French critters and some French trees, and who knows what else:

5%2013%2014%20271_zps1qqrfqdd.jpg

Remember how the loop looked empty when we arrived the afternoon before?  When we came back last night, every cabin had a car parked at it.  And, they were all sleeping in this morning:

5%2013%2014%20555_zpss0lnnlgm.jpg

Here's a strange thing they have here- every loop has a hut near the entrance.  The sole purpose of this hut is to provide a take-away breakfast to guests who wish to purchase it:

5%2013%2014%20556_zpsoaik55vn.jpg

There was signage on the hut advertising the breakfast:

5%2013%2014%20557_zps3c8ksdlp.jpg

If you want to buy breakfast at Davy Crockett Ranch, these breakfast huts are the only place you can do that.  Davy Crockett Tavern does not serve breakfast or lunch, and is only open from 6 to 9:30 pm nightly:

5%2013%2014%20558_zpsucvxdgw6.jpg

Here's another sign advertising the breakfast for sale- sorry it's bit blurry, but you can still see the upper right corner there which tells us that breakfast costs 9 euros:

5%2013%2014%20559_zpsgmf6fcl3.jpg

One of those signs told me that the hut would open at 7:30 am.  I intended to be back here for that, as I had two breakfast vouchers to cash in for breakfast this morning, and I was very interested to see what and how they would be serving it out of this hut:

5%2013%2014%20560_zps99zmzehe.jpg

The pedestrian path conveniently crossed the entrance to my loop:

5%2013%2014%20561_zpsm9o21pql.jpg

The path is paved and level.  Let's go:

5%2013%2014%20562_zps7pqokamd.jpg

That structure over there clearly was at one time a bus stop.  But there is no bus service here now- either internally or to the parks:

5%2013%2014%20563_zpsju9idsqm.jpg

Here's the sign for the 200 loop.  Like the Fort, the loops here have numbers, and names too.  The 200 loop is called Wagon Wheel Trail here:

5%2013%2014%20564_zpsaqmxu7lo.jpg

If that name seems familiar to you, it's because the 1900 loop at the Fort is called Wagon Wheel Way.  The 1900 loop at the Fort is about as far away as you can get from anything, and it looks like the 200 loop at Davy Crockett Ranch is too.

Down the road there, you can see the entrance to the 100 loop, which is called Moccasin Trail here.  If that name sounds familiar, it's because that's also the name of the 2600 cabin loop at the Fort:

5%2013%2014%20565_zpsjgfqvz3p.jpg

One very small quibble:  The map spells moccasin with one "c" and two "s's," which ain't right.  Unless that's the French spelling or something.

And while I am questioning the intelligence of those who designed this resort, check out this light post along the trail:

5%2013%2014%20572_zpsmsg8jayk.jpg

I guess whoever decided to order an install these light posts never heard of theming.

As best as I could tell, all of the cabins on the 200 loop were identical.

Now, we're looking at cabins in the 1200 loop, which is called Big Bear Trail (like Big Bear Path/1400 at the Fort) here:

5%2013%2014%20573_zps4jfgmmmh.jpg

All these cabins looked the same too.

While we are talking about loop numbers and names, note that after the 200 loop, the numbers jump to 1000, which results in the 1500 loop being closest to the action.

They must have gotten a good deal on the modern light posts, because they sure installed a lot of them along this path:

5%2013%2014%20574_zpsnxsiqnbm.jpg

I enjoyed looking at the trees in this French forest, and couldn't help but notice how much different they were from what I'm used to in Florida.  I grew up in New Jersey, and was lucky to belong to a very active Boy Scout troop, which resulted in me camping at many different places in New Jersey, Pennsylvania , and New York.  One summer, I got to camp for a week in Canada.  The forest here, with the birch trees and such, reminded me of the forests in Canada:

5%2013%2014%20575_zpsrxk6x9hi.jpg

I've already commented several times about how surprised I was with the cool weather and the long days of sunshine that we enjoyed.  I never realized how far north France, England and Ireland are.  But, check this out- on the bottom corner or the map, they give the GPS coordinates for Davy Crockett Ranch:

dcr%20map%20corner_zpsghtd4kef.jpg

According to the map, Davy Crockett Ranch's latitude is 48.83°

So, what does that mean?

Consider this- these are the latitudes of several cities in North America:

Montreal: 45°

Toronto: 43°

Chicago (which is about the same as NYC): 41°

So, where I was right now is further north of the equator than any of those cities.  In fact, I was further away from the equator than any city in the lower 48 states of the US.

That explains a lot.

As I walked, I saw evidence of things that used to be here, but no longer are.  Like, for some reason, there's a platform up in that tree:

5%2013%2014%20576_zps8al4fwiz.jpg

The northerners reading along may not realize this, but dandelions are rare in Florida. There's a whole bunch of them here.  My girls would love to pick an blow those, like they see people do on TV.  But, since they had the misfortune of being born and raised in Florida, they've been deprived of that experience:

5%2013%2014%20577_zpsa980jbsy.jpg

There's a piece of an old fence here:

5%2013%2014%20578_zpsqxqtxuhy.jpg

And here's a piece of wood from something that used to be here:

5%2013%2014%20579_zpspubd1sek.jpg

Some tire tracks crossed the path, and I wondered where they led.  If I had more time, I would have followed them, but it was already 6:58, and the sun was rising fast.  I knew that I had time to walk to the village and back, but not to explore this side path:

5%2013%2014%20582_zpscefybkn4.jpg

Now, we are walking past the 1400 loop aka Tomahawk Trail- at first glance, these cabins all look the same too:

5%2013%2014%20583_zpsxqaq4mol.jpg

The reason that I was looking to see if there were different cabin types is that the Disneyland Paris site says that there are three different types of cabins, which you can see from this screencap:

dcr%20cabin%20types_zpsqbkfcrv6.jpg

The cabin we had was called a Trapper Cabin on my reservation.  But, good luck trying to find any information on the DLP site explaining what the difference is between the cabin types.  Posts I found on other discussion boards suggest that the only difference in the cabins is location.  But, that doesn't explain the three categories or the price differences. By the way, that screen cap is taken from the US version of the DLP site, and the prices quoted are for a two night stay for two guests with park tickets, but no food plan.  I am going to discuss costs in a separate post, but I ended up paying less than those quotes and I got the half-board meal plan.

At several places along the path, there were piles of cut wood.  It looked like it was just left here to rot:

5%2013%2014%20584_zpsuxlbgtnz.jpg

This cabin in the 1400 loop looks exactly like all of the other cabins we've seen so far- they all have that single window for the back bedroom.  Note that the cabins have a small wood box in the back.  I assume that has some type of component for the AC unit- and they all have them- so I thing all of the cabins have AC:

5%2013%2014%20585_zpsys4gghqj.jpg

There are random teepees along the roadways in Davy Crockett Ranch, and there's one right over there:

5%2013%2014%20586_zpsxib3heqb.jpg

As far as I could tell, they are only here for decorative purposes- they did not seem to have any function.

Wait, look at that cabin over there.  It has no window on the back wall, and the windows on the entrance side by the deck are different- you can see that if you look at the cabin behind it in this photo:

5%2013%2014%20587_zpsvxeb440v.jpg

It also looks like the deck on the different cabin is poured concrete and that it's larger than the decks on the other cabins:

5%2013%2014%20588_zpsffq4vxqx.jpg

After I saw the first one, I noticed that there were a few of this different style cabin on the 1400 loop, and I saw some on other loops later.  It's hard to tell, but they are definitely wider than the cabin type that we had, and may have more space inside, as they appear to be the same length.

We aren't to our destination yet, but we are at the photo limit, so our early morning walk will continue in the next update.  If you're interested in what they serve at the breakfast hut, you'll find out in the next update.

TCD

I honestly didn't find Paris to be bad either time I went.  I'll be back one day but probably not until I hit a few new places.

We didn't run into any blatant rudeness in France up to this point of the trip.  But, we hadn't gotten to real Paris yet.

One event in particular there has left an indelible impression on me about that city.  And it's not a good one.  But, I need to tell this story in the order things happened.

TCD

Oh man, that doesn't sound.

WBI

http://themeparkuniversity.com/disney/disneyland-paris-announces-10-attraction-enhancements/

Good timing on this article.

The latest numbers for 2014 theme park attendance released by the Themed Entertainment Association (TEA) showed that both Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney Studios both saw the only decline at any major European theme park, down 4.7% over last year’s attendance figures. 2013 was even worse with a drop of 6.9% for both parks according to the report.

Screen-Shot-2015-06-11-at-11.29.17-AM.pn

Hoping to stop that downward spiral, Disney announced that they will be refreshing 10 attractions within the next two years. Some of the attraction work has already been underway for a while. According to the press release, Disneyland Paris had 4 main objectives:

I honestly didn't find Paris to be bad either time I went.  I'll be back one day but probably not until I hit a few new places.

I have a theory that the French treat younger people better than they do middle aged folks and older.  Also, I think the "rude" French are primarily in areas where there are a lot of Americans.  Twin #1 had a great time in Paris last year,  But, they stayed in a hostel-like hotel further out from the city center.

Wow, that article is very interesting.

It really reinforces what I saw-like they had let a lot of maintenance and updating go.  Now, they're going to do a lot all at once.  The park needs it, and it looks like it will all conveniently be finished up in time for the DLP 25th anniversary in 2017.

I guess we should have waited a couple of years before we visited.

LOL at your daughters' lack of dandelion experience.  I'd be happy to share some of ours!

No thanks.  We have plenty of our own weeds, thank you very much.  Just not dandelions.

TCD

Well, it looks like I counted wrong, and we won't quite make it back to the breakfast hut in this update, but we will be really close.

We are still on the path leading to the Davy's Village area of the ranch, walking past all of these out-of-place looking light posts.  I mean, really, did they need this many?:

5%2013%2014%20589_zpsadnumdzf.jpg

There's another teepee:

5%2013%2014%20590_zpsfjv0as9h.jpg

There are four posts which appear to have been carefully placed in the ground behind this cabin.  Why, I couldn't tell you:

5%2013%2014%20591_zpsjh4jccne.jpg

It looks like guests on this loop found a shortcut so they don't have to walk all the way around the loop and to the entrance to get to the path:

5%2013%2014%20592_zpsxgksiza2.jpg

The cabin on the right in this photo is one of those ones that are different:

5%2013%2014%20593_zpswyvtaytm.jpg

All the other ones on the loop around it were the same:

5%2013%2014%20594_zpst7eyyclt.jpg

Here's a better look at one of the different cabins- you can see it has no back window, and only one window to the right of the side entrance door.  Also, the little supply cabinets that are near the grill and on ground level on the other cabins (like mine) is up there on the deck:

5%2013%2014%20595_zpsezs6rzze.jpg

There's the 1500 loop over there.  It's called Coyote Trail here.  That name has not counterpart at the Fort.  The directional arrow sign you see there to the right points to the Village and the other way says "Sortie/Exit.":

5%2013%2014%20596_zpswzdn764f.jpg

The path I'm taking is supposed to terminate in the Village area, but you can see here that it's blocked by a construction fence:

5%2013%2014%20597_zpsxpi3ewso.jpg

The French construction workers appear to be as careless as their US counterparts, as someone left the gate open.  If this was someplace in WDW, I probably would walk right though that gate, since it was open, and there are no signs telling me not to, but I was here in a foreign country, and just a few nights ago, my DD and I had watched Les Miserables in London.  A lot of that went over my head, but I did pick up on the fact that the main character had been thrown in a French jail for 19 years for stealing a loaf of bread to feed a dying child.  My opinion of the French justice system, therefore, was not high, and I decided that I should not take any chances:

5%2013%2014%20598_zpsfiawaqec.jpg

Since the path was fenced off, I had to walk along the road for the last part of my journey.  Here, you can see that half of this area is fenced off and behind construction walls- it looks like they have some nice lightposts there on the other side of the fence:

5%2013%2014%20599_zpsvvjixxj0.jpg

Someone left that gate open too.  Another invitation to see what's going on.  But, then I remembered my fear of French jail, so I stayed out:

5%2013%2014%20600_zps5whuucya.jpg

Had I known there would be so many opportunities for behind-the-scenes exploring, I would have invited my Cousin Yuri to come along on this trip.

Here we are in the village-perfectly surrounded by construction fences:

5%2013%2014%20601_zpsnl4xy7sf.jpg

Kind of like Pioneer Hall, but without the charm.  And no posts to shimmy up:

5%2013%2014%20602_zpsuhhclvpi.jpg

I'm not sure where this road went, but there were a lot of construction vehicles coming and going from there.  I think there was a way to get out to the highway from there, so they didn't have to drive all the way through the resort:

5%2013%2014%20603_zpsshfklv41.jpg

They have some really nice flowers around here:

5%2013%2014%20604_zps6nuupqc2.jpg

This area would be really nice if half of it wasn't behind construction fences:

5%2013%2014%20605_zpsvutag0ap.jpg

5%2013%2014%20606_zpsmjsimznl.jpg

Here's the Trading Post.  It is 7:09, and it will be opening at 7:15 (which is an improvement over the Meadow Trading Post's 8 am opening time at the Fort).  There's already a guest waiting there.  Maybe he wants his free cleaning kit.  I'm not sure if you can see them, but you can also see in this photo that there are a couple of jets really high in the sky leaving vapor trails.  For some reason, there were always really high flying planes above us here and when we were at the parks:

5%2013%2014%20607_zpsvul3wxln.jpg

This is the outside seating area of Crockett's Tavern.  I don't know what it's used for, as they restaurant is a buffet and is only open for 3.5 hours each day.  I can't see how they could have guests go all the way in to the buffet and sit outside here.  I do think it looks nice with the light posts and other details that they paid attention to here:

5%2013%2014%20608_zpsfs77ycit.jpg

There's a totem pole, and the playground just past it:

5%2013%2014%20609_zpsn2x7t88s.jpg

The playground equipment is pretty basic, and looks like it was constructed back in 1991, when they opened the resort:

5%2013%2014%20610_zps3lqwzxhq.jpg

If you let your kids play on that thing, you better know the French word for tweezers, because you're going to need them:

5%2013%2014%20611_zpsjiawaluw.jpg

Hey look at this- they have a mini-golf course back here.  It's not advertised on any of the materials I got at check-in or on the website, and I saw no place to get a club or a ball, so it must no longer be used.  That's how it looks, too:

5%2013%2014%20612_zps2ayticwf.jpg

5%2013%2014%20613_zps6r5sfxev.jpg

Hey, there's the Lucky Raccoon arcade, and what looks like it cold be a wagon for horse-drawn rides.  But, there's no horse-drawn carriage rides here that I know of.  There's a bunch of tables again, too, but there's no food service around here that would give guests any reason to need them:

5%2013%2014%20614_zpskv29nvgi.jpg

As far as I know, that totem pole we already saw is the only one anywhere in the ranch, so here's another photo of it:

5%2013%2014%20615_zpsxc8gkmpm.jpg

I walked over to the arcade to see if it was possibly open. There were no hours posted outside the door or anything.  The door was locked. But, I could peek in the window, and saw beneath the curtain that the arcade was just an empty room:

5%2013%2014%20617_zpsdelgrodg.jpg

That's quite a magnificent scaffolding job someone did on the Trading Post:

5%2013%2014%20618_zpsyq7tdfmw.jpg

You know, this place would look nice if it wasn't a construction zone:

5%2013%2014%20619_zpswf5mzwhz.jpg

You probably don't want to hear this, but that's 30 photos.  So we need to stop this update here.

In the next one, I will walk back to our loop.  Quicker this time.  And I am going to pick up our breakfast.  I was a good Fiend and took a photo of everything before we ate it.  You may find that interesting.

TCD

Was wondering why there was a trail/old roadway and also why the loops jump from 200-1000.

Maybe there was a larger plan and it never materialized? Maybe it's just in phases?

Quick jump on Google Maps showed some other pathways/trails/whatever along the entrance road before you hit the loops.

Are we getting somewhere with this thought?

Well, not sure about that idea, but I did find out what the construction is all about.

At work, so only breezed thru the website.  Read about it here http://www.villagesnature.com/en/  Click on the Birdseye view link.....

Was wondering why there was a trail/old roadway and also why the loops jump from 200-1000.

Maybe there was a larger plan and it never materialized? Maybe it's just in phases?

Quick jump on Google Maps showed some other pathways/trails/whatever along the entrance road before you hit the loops.

Are we getting somewhere with this thought?

Well, not sure about that idea, but I did find out what the construction is all about.

At work, so only breezed thru the website.  Read about it here http://www.villagesnature.com/en/  Click on the Birdseye view link.....

Good job.

Of course, I wasn't going to leave there before finding out what all the construction was about.  This Village Nature thing is HUGE, and it is a partnership between the folks who run Euro Disney and the people building this project.  Clearly, the Villages Nature construction takes priority, and the idiots in charge don't give a Ratatouille's patootie about the negative impact this all has on the current guest experience.  They tore down Musket Mickey, for Pete's sake!

TCD

Good job.

Of course, I wasn't going to leave there before finding out what all the construction was about.  This Village Nature thing is HUGE, and it is a partnership between the folks who run Euro Disney and the people building this project.  Clearly, the Villages Nature construction takes priority, and the idiots in charge don't give a Ratatouille's patootie about the negative impact this all has on the current guest experience.  They tore down Musket Mickey, for Pete's sake!

TCD

Thought about my post afterwards.  This is the Mighty TCD and he must have gotten to the bottom of this.

Sorry if I stole some thunder.

Thought about my post afterwards.  This is the Mighty TCD and he must have gotten to the bottom of this.

Sorry if I stole some thunder.

No worries, I have plenty of thunder left.

The bottom line is that it is a good thing that I got there when I did, because whatever Davy Crockett Ranch is supposed to be, it's current identity is going to be gone once all of this construction is done.  I'm sure that's why so much stuff was closed, and the current managers didn't seem to give a rip about anything. 

I have to laugh at all the complaining I did about the Four Seasons Resort going in next to the Fort. That is nothing compared to the mess that they're building all around this poor little resort.

TCD

I'm wondering if those different cabins with the concrete patios might be handicapped accessible.  

BTW, I just priced that fancy DLP hotel on Travelocity.  For what one week there would cost the two of us, we could stay at the Fort for nearly three months!

When you first left for your morning stroll did you notice, at least according to your pictures, that you were the only one to pull into your cabin. Eveyone else backed in, kind of creepy really. Have you ever watched the show Lost? For whatever reason I get a Lost feeling as you tour us around. Creepy.