I know there will be Fiends with some opinions on this topic. 

Here's what the Disney Food Blog had to say...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/04/02/the-best-and-the-worst-pizza-in-disney-world/

What's on your best/worst list?  And if you have pics to prove your point, all the better.  :)

I was outvoted Saturday night and we tried the takeout at Trails End and I hope that's the worst pizza I ever try, anything worse may kill me. Way to much red stuff (I won't call that sauce) There was maybe enough cheese (if that's what the white stuff was) and pepperoni if they had put it all on 2 slices and the crust is plain and stuck between being to thick but not not thick enough to be deep dish. But hey, it was fast, only took 11 minutes.  

I also tried the chicken wings because I knew the pizza was not going to cut it for me.  The wings were large whole, not cut in sections and very good.  However, I got the buffalo flavor and that just made them a mess to eat.  They were not remotely hot in flavor and the accompanying celery and dressing was laying on the bottom covered in the Buffalo sauce.  But I will definitely get them again but will skip the sauce.  

I was outvoted Saturday night and we tried the takeout at Trails End and I hope that's the worst pizza I ever try, anything worse may kill me. Way to much red stuff (I won't call that sauce) There was maybe enough cheese (if that's what the white stuff was) and pepperoni if they had put it all on 2 slices and the crust is plain and stuck between being to thick but not not thick enough to be deep dish. But hey, it was fast, only took 11 minutes.  

I also tried the chicken wings because I knew the pizza was not going to cut it for me.  The wings were large whole, not cut in sections and very good.  However, I got the buffalo flavor and that just made them a mess to eat.  They were not remotely hot in flavor and the accompanying celery and dressing was laying on the bottom covered in the Buffalo sauce.  But I will definitely get them again but will skip the sauce.  

Well if you ever do get homesick for the Fort and want some authentic Trails End pizza, just go to Publix and get a DiGiorno frozen pizza.  It's the same thing.

Have you had the "pleasure" of trying the pizza from Trails End take-out?

I'd take Pizza Planet over that any day.

TCD

Agreed.

Although if you order Trails End pizza "well done" (so the lousy crust is at least cooked) then let it sit there until the next morning and throw a fried egg on top, it's not bad.  8)

In the flatbread dept... TE has a killer one on the lunch menu.  Also the hot ham flatbread at California Grill is super yummy.

Well if you ever do get homesick for the Fort and want some authentic Trails End pizza, just go to Publix and get a DiGiorno frozen pizza.  It's the same thing.

I have never had a Digiorno pizza as bad as Trails End.  The real shame is the Pizza used to be pretty good from TE years ago. 

I'll be the oddball here, but the pizza at Via Napolli was just ho-hum and certainly not worth the $20-30/individual pizza that they ask for.

The biggest problem is, I'm a bit of a wood-fired/brick oven pizza connoisseur and in the grand scale of brick oven pizzas, it's about average. Maybe slightly above average, if I'm being kind.

I'll be the oddball here, but the pizza at Via Napolli was just ho-hum and certainly not worth the $20-30/individual pizza that they ask for. The biggest problem is, I'm a bit of a wood-fired/brick oven pizza connoisseur and in the grand scale of brick oven pizzas, it's about average. Maybe slightly above average, if I'm being kind.

You can't forget the perspective though.  For a theme park, it's pretty darn good.  The article is about Best and Worst Pizza at WDW....not Best and Worst Pizza in the World.  

But then again, I haven't had it since several months after they opened 5 years ago.  I didn't pay nearly the price you are quoting for an individual sized pizza.  Nor would I.  Have prices gone up that much?  

You can't forget the perspective though.  For a theme park, it's pretty darn good.  The article is about Best and Worst Pizza at WDW....not Best and Worst Pizza in the World. 

^agreed^

Dave, individual pizzas are currently about $20, give or take.  Personally I could only eat half of it though, so if you're sharing, the price is not too terrible ...for Disney.  8)

But then again, I haven't had it since several months after they opened 5 years ago.  I didn't pay nearly the price you are quoting for an individual sized pizza.  Nor would I.  Have prices gone up that much?  

You do make a good point. I just had higher hopes for Via Napoli going in based on comments like those above.

BUT- I swore the menu said $21 for the pizza and then $3.50 per topping if you're designing your own. But online, I'm seeing it say $17. But still- it adds up quick for individual pizzas.

^agreed^

Dave, individual pizzas are currently about $20, give or take.  Personally I could only eat half of it though, so if you're sharing, the price is not too terrible ...for Disney.  B)

I happily ate the whole individual pizza. :) I mean, it wasn't that bad.

I'll be honest, I thought about trying Via Napoli, but my bubbe's voice was screaming in my head "Don't be a schmendrick and pay $20 for a small pizza."  Her voice was already berating me for paying $140/night for the Fort.

In the 90's Trails End pizza was awesome we were always so excited to go get pizza.

Now well I can't believe they still sell it. It's so bad and has been for about 10 years now. Give or take a year

In the 90's Trails End pizza was awesome we were always so excited to go get pizza.

Now well I can't believe they still sell it. It's so bad and has been for about 10 years now. Give or take a year

The last Trails End pizza we had tasted like it had been around for 10 years.  Sitting under a heat lamp somewhere  :lol: