Last season for the Osbourne Lights

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Video posted online by Orlando Attractions Magazine of the final song and goodbye...   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDeJ4d0E6S8&feature=youtu.be

Thanks. I didn't realize that the Streets of America are that long. So give me the entire area from Mouse gear to Canada to Mexico. I'll turn it into the biggest light show WDW has ever seen. Lol.

Ok, this is really late, and I apologize, but we found the cat up above the purple canopy that you can walk through on December 12:  

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the lights will stay on for 3 extra days!

Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights final performance date pushed back
42 minutes ago

Great news for fans of the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights.

The final performance will now be on January 6 2016, extended by 3 days from the originally planned January 3 closure.

Park hours on Tuesday and Wednesday have also been extended from 8:30pm to a 10pm close.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/osborne-family-spectacle-of-lights/news/03jan2016-osborne-family-spectacle-of-dancing-lights-final-performance-date-pushed-back.htm

The TCD twins flew back from California on a red-eye specifically so we could see the Osborne Lights on what was supposed to be the final night. It was cold and rainy last night, which combined with the last minute extension, cut down on the crowds. It was still pretty busy, though. The seating area for the VIP dinner party was moved to the seating area for the quick serve next to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground. The rain caused some light malfunctions, which is unfortunate, as we aren't going to make it back for one of the extended performances. I suspect crowds will be very low for the extended dates.

It was a very sad moment heading out of the Streets of America last night.

TCD

So, true story: the boys & I saw the Lights twice on our recent trip and both times they were just lights staying on with Christmas music playing.  Our friends saw them a different night and said something about how it was neat how they went along with the music. I was like, okay. Then I saw here you all talking about the final "performance" and I was like, huh? After seeing this video I understand.  Not sure how we missed it both times, and I wondered why it was called a dancing spectacle when they didn't actually dance.

So, true story: the boys & I saw the Lights twice on our recent trip and both times they were just lights staying on with Christmas music playing.  Our friends saw them a different night and said something about how it was neat how they went along with the music. I was like, okay. Then I saw here you all talking about the final "performance" and I was like, huh? After seeing this video I understand.  Not sure how we missed it both times, and I wondered why it was called a dancing spectacle when they didn't actually dance.

How long did you stay in the area of the lights?  The dancing part happens periodically, but all the times I've been, it seems like maybe only 10-15 minutes between each dancing session.  If you got there just as a dancing session ended, and walked right on through, you could be in and out before the next dancing started.

Or maybe something was not working right when you visited?

TCD

Does anyone know how they normally turn the lights off at night? Was the Mickey song just for the "final" night?

Also, I've seen pictures floating around that showed a light display that said "see you real soon" was that always there or is that a hint that they will be relocated and I'm assuming renamed?

How long did you stay in the area of the lights?  The dancing part happens periodically, but all the times I've been, it seems like maybe only 10-15 minutes between each dancing session.  If you got there just as a dancing session ended, and walked right on through, you could be in and out before the next dancing started.

Or maybe something was not working right when you visited?

TCD

That is probably what happened.  We walked through at a leisurely pace, but didn't linger. 

We also missed the dragon breathing fire in Diagon Alley the first day there.  Second day, I was like, whoa!, and then discovered it was every 10 minutes. Not sure how we missed that either; I guess it always happened when we were in stores.

Does anyone know how they normally turn the lights off at night? Was the Mickey song just for the "final" night?

Also, I've seen pictures floating around that showed a light display that said "see you real soon" was that always there or is that a hint that they will be relocated and I'm assuming renamed?

We were there this past Saturday night when they shut the lights off at 10.

And when I say shut off, that's exactly what they did.  They announced the lights would dance for one last song.  It was the Mannheim Steamroller song.  When it was over, that was it.  The Osborne Lights went off, and the regular street lights came on. No Mickey Mouse song or any of that.

The "See You Real Soon" sign has been hanging at the end of the street for this whole season.  I don't remember it before this year.

TCD

We also missed the dragon breathing fire in Diagon Alley the first day there.  Second day, I was like, whoa!, and then discovered it was every 10 minutes. Not sure how we missed that either; I guess it always happened when we were in stores.

It usually is, but not always.  We were there in November and we were poking around the area for quite a while (30mins?) and it only happened once.

It usually is, but not always.  We were there in November and we were poking around the area for quite a while (30mins?) and it only happened once.

Same here we were near that area for more then 30 minutes and it never started rocking. But I agree it normally does.

The times we saw them shut off for the night, they just played one last song and shut them off.

I don't remember seeing the "see you real soon" sign when we were there. I'd love to see a pic of it since I think we somehow missed it. 

The rumors I heard while there was that they were giving the large structures that they got from the Osbournes,  back to the family, but may relocate some of the other stuff and do a Christmas display at Epcot or Disney Springs.