I wonder if they will still offer the boxes as well. What if you don't have a WiFi enabled device?

I use one of these for traveling.

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-routers/PR2000.aspx

It supports a wired or wireless internet connection and wired or wireless devices can access it. If you use wired internet access it has one ethernet port available. If you use wireless access you will have two ethernet ports available. If you need more than one or two wired devices you can attach an ethernet hub to get more ports. I like it because I can set it up as my access point and not have to reconfigure all of my wireless devices everytime I move to a new WiFi network.

Ah OK I have something similar in my house. Everything we have is wireless, was just a thought I had. as my mom always seems to ask for "the wireless thing" when she would go pick up the box and they always tell her it's only for a wired connection, (I keep a router in the trailer) just wonder if they would keep the boxes or not. I don't mind using Open WiFi for most things but not for banking and such though I don't know if it make enough difference to matter or not.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Antennas are being installed and wired. They are different from most, antennas on top and bottom.

Here's a picture of the WiFi equipment being installed on site 1422 a few minutes ago. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They've had Wi Fi in the cabins and at the Meadow for a long time! So yup, they have Wi Fi and met their Monday deadline!

Posted Images

I wonder if they will still offer the boxes as well. What if you don't have a WiFi enabled device?

I use one of these for traveling.

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-routers/PR2000.aspx

It supports a wired or wireless internet connection and wired or wireless devices can access it. If you use wired internet access it has one ethernet port available. If you use wireless access you will have two ethernet ports available. If you need more than one or two wired devices you can attach an ethernet hub to get more ports. I like it because I can set it up as my access point and not have to reconfigure all of my wireless devices everytime I move to a new WiFi network.

I do like the sounds of that one though, is it difficult to set up with WiFi that is password protected like some campgrounds?

I do like the sounds of that one though, is it difficult to set up with WiFi that is password protected like some campgrounds?

It works well.  I use it at the Fort to turn the wired into a wireless hotspot for use with our iPads.

As you are looking for the reverse - wireless to wired I assume you travel with a laptop.  Setup of this router is easy (quirky like most router set up screens), but you need to be attached to it via a wired connection.

I meant to post this earlier but had forgotten about this thread....

This was taken November 2nd in the 1300 loop. There were some folks out in one of the empty sites that had some equipment hooked up.....

55CC3A99-E820-4C03-838B-D65B9640CE88_zps

I was able to connect but was not able to get any network addresses so it did not function. Grabbed this screen shot before I "forgot" the network.

I meant to post this earlier but had forgotten about this thread....

This was taken November 2nd in the 1300 loop. There were some folks out in one of the empty sites that had some equipment hooked up.....

55CC3A99-E820-4C03-838B-D65B9640CE88_zps

I was able to connect but was not able to get any network addresses so it did not function. Grabbed this screen shot before I "forgot" the network.

Exactly how much moonshine had you enjoyed before you wandered over to the Lodge and thought you were connecting to Fort wifi?    

This was just installed in the 200 loop, including the trench to run the cabling.

Interesting.

But, is there only one of those on the 200 loop?

What is it?

And what does it have to do with WIFI?

The plot thickens, does it not, TCD?

A little.

Installing one green plastic cylinder is a long way away from each site in the campground receiving a WIFI signal. 

Or they could be doing a loop a month, I wouldn't put that past Disney.

Nor would I.

That's actually a pretty ambitious schedule for them.

TCD

No idea what they may (or may not) have to do with WiFi, but there were a few of them around the 300 loop.

They just added a second one on the 200 loop. The poles are clearly marked for broadband Internet, and perhaps the wireless router is there as well.

Interesting.

But, is there only one of those on the 200 loop?

What is it?

And what does it have to do with WIFI?

A little.

Installing one green plastic cylinder is a long way away from each site in the campground receiving a WIFI signal. 

Nor would I.

That's actually a pretty ambitious schedule for them.

TCD

Strange I posted to this thread, saw it and now it's gone. I'm on the Disney network so maybe not so strange.

As to the green cylinders. If they are installing the WiFi network using the existing cable system I would expect to see new cable drops near the areas where the cable modem/router will go. Of course they still need to have utility poles or other means of lifting the router to a usable height but it makes sense to build on top of the existing cable network.

Exactly how much moonshine had you enjoyed before you wandered over to the Lodge and thought you were connecting to Fort wifi?    

Ha, none at that point. 

That Wi-Fi network was available that day for a few hours but never did actually function. Made me wonder if they were testing the signal range on it. Never saw it again after the 2nd.

They just added a second one on the 200 loop. The poles are clearly marked for broadband Internet, and perhaps the wireless router is there as well.

I was looping around this morning and saw a new pole that went up in the 500 loop.

I was looping around this morning and saw a new pole that went up in the 500 loop.

They just finished installing a new utility pole in the back corner of the 1300/1200 loops. The company specializes in laying communications cables and fiber. One of the workers told me it is for the WiFi network.

That's some first rate Fiend on the Scene reporting, guys!

Keep up the good work!

TCD

They just finished installing a new utility pole in the back corner of the 1300/1200 loops. The company specializes in laying communications cables and fiber. One of the workers told me it is for the WiFi network.

We were walking back from the Meadows Trading post an hour ago and saw the truck carrying the poles as well as the company van for the cables and fiber heading towards the 100/200/400 loop area. 

Jose will come to the realization that all those pesky trees at the Fort will wreak havoc on the wifi signals, and will have to come down.  Give it a few years, and the Fort will look like this.  

_K7J8403-lg.JPG

That's Fort Wilderness Trail down the middle.  

Wow, look at how many campers you can pack in without those pesky trees!

That's rootin' tootin' great.

Jose will be all over that.

TCD