Lights, Motor, Action is chopped

Agreed.  Saw it once.  That was enough.

I think I've seen it twice. The second time, we were up on top on the back row, and I found it more interesting to look over my shoulder and watch Catastrophe Canyon water tanks fill and empty.

It would be cool though if somebody would go see it once more, and sit up there and see what the demolition of Catastrophe Canyon looks like.

We skipped a lot of the shows and movies in the parks this time because we knew they'd be the same old thing

Funny, if it was the MK, people would be up in arms if the same old thing wasn't there!

I'm not disagreeing with you. 

In my opinion, the MK should stay the same but keep adding new attractions/expanding and keep the originals forever (with technical upgrades of course). 

The other 3 parks should get overhauls on the existing attractions which may include changing them totally to something new and different.

I don't think most people have the same nostalgic feelings about the past attractions in those parks as they do the MK.

We didn't have passes for about 5 years, so this past year it was like everything was new again.

But, after going a few times to the parks everything has rapidly become the same old thing, but with lots of things missing/not working. 

How long does it take to get the giant shrimp back in the tanks at The Land? :P

I don't think most people have the same nostalgic feelings about the past attractions in those parks as they do the MK.

That's a good observation.

And, it's certainly true for me.  I have no sentimental attachment to Lights, Motor, Action.  It always struck me as strange that someone thought a show like the would be popular.  I was shocked the first time I saw the seating area they built for it- so much expense and effort for a show that had no re-watchable factor.  And then they dump shows like the old Hunchback show and the Pocahontas show at AK? It never made sense to me.  What a colossal waste that this is now all going to be torn down and discarded.

TCD

We skipped a lot of the shows and movies in the parks this time because we knew they'd be the same old thing

Funny, if it was the MK, people would be up in arms if the same old thing wasn't there!

I'm not disagreeing with you. 

In my opinion, the MK should stay the same and keep adding new attractions and keep the originals forever (with technical upgrades of course). 

The other 3 parks should get overhauls on the existing attractions which may include changing them totally to something new and different.

Agreed, except for Spaceship Earth at EPCOT, it is the last little bit of the old Future World that Walt envisioned and that really spoke to our hopes and dreams of the past and future.  It reminds me of Horizons a little, which I miss greatly.

You're right that the MK should keep its originals with upgrades (will they PLEASE update the Carousel of Progress! )

I think it's because of all the Parks, MK is the one that people bring their little ones to first and is the one they come back to hoping it hasn't changed too much so they can re-share the same feelings.....

Agreed, except for Spaceship Earth at EPCOT, it is the last little bit of the old Future World that Walt envisioned and that really spoke to our hopes and dreams of the past and future.  It reminds me of Horizons a little, which I miss greatly.

You're right that the MK should keep its originals with upgrades (will they PLEASE update the Carousel of Progress! )

I think it's because of all the Parks, MK is the one that people bring their little ones to first and is the one they come back to hoping it hasn't changed too much so they can re-share the same feelings.....

Agreed.

I know Disney must feel that they are doing everything right since they keep raking in the $$$ and breaking attendance records.

But just on this site it seems that between the rising AP prices, crowds, and general disregard for maintenance, a lot of people are not renewing their passes.

Disney needs to ramp up their renovation processes if they want to keep passholders coming back.

It seems like the other major parks can crank out new rides and attractions in about a 1/4 of the time (or less) it takes Disney.

Yes passholders/visitors will continue to visit the MK because of the nostalgic factor, but how many times can you see the same acts and rides at the other parks before it gets old.

Once out of state APs and multiday passes start dropping off, maybe they will take notice.

I actually enjoyed the show and we watched it on each visit. I'm a little sad that it's going.

But, like the rest of you have said- I really wish they'd change things up a bit all across the board. Even MK and the classics - no sense in not updating them. (Especially after seeing the stark differences in some of the Disneyland stuff. In a lot of ways, there is a lot of room for improvement.)

I can see it now.... L,M,A Driver Team Meeting:

"Ok guys, you all know that our show has been cut. In an effort to keep you on the payroll there are several positions throughout the property that you can apply for:

Bus Driver at Fort Wilderness

Parking Lot Tram Driver at what is left of HS

Friendship Boat Captain at Boardwalk

Ferry Boat Captain between MK and TTC

Brown Paint Guy at FW

Applications and job transfer forms can be picked up in the conference room on your way out."

I can see it now.... L,M,A Driver Team Meeting:

"Ok guys, you all know that our show has been cut. In an effort to keep you on the payroll there are several positions throughout the property that you can apply for:

Bus Driver at Fort Wilderness

I think there may already have been a transfer - when we were there in November there was one bus driver that was a bit more "enthusiastic" in his driving.  He took the turns into the outpost bus stop so fast he almost hit the poles.  Definitely went over the yellow lines.  

I don't know.  These drivers could certainly liven up the transportation system!

Disney needs to ramp up their renovation processes if they want to keep passholders coming back.

It seems like the other major parks can crank out new rides and attractions in about a 1/4 of the time (or less) it takes Disney.

That is exactly what we were saying.  With the amount of man-power that Disney has, I'm surprised as to how long it takes to get new stuff built.  They can transform Magic Kingdom from Halloween to Christmas overnight...but building a new ride takes FOREVER!

How can they continue to charge full admission price to this park. It absolutely crazy. Who in their right mind would pay near $100 each per day to ride 3 attractions and see 2 or 3 shows? I know HS will be totally my favorite park once Star Wars land is opens, but I don't expect to see that for many years. Can anyone say "Avatar land". That movie was so long ago I almost had to ask myself what it was about. Do they think fluffer stuff like Star Wars launch bay is going to keep people coming in? Probably since ther was a 40 minute wait to see a guy dresse in a Chewbacca outfit. I was not impressed with this gray paint job and so called movie props to call this an added attraction. Just plain stupid. If They did things right, they should have built a sub park to HS for Star Wars and toy story like universal did its island of adventure. Is it just me, or is half of the park gong to be ripped up? I don't get it