A fully charge battery just sitting will discharge over a few months. I installed a battery switch on my TT and I also use a trickle charge on them all the time. You can keep a trickle charge on your batteries all the time without hurting them. I also use the battery switch to turn off the house battery when I camp. I have found the house converter keeps charging the batteries even when they are fully charged and burns them out very fast.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Way to go, Discamper! This thread is not only informative and amusing, but has gotten lots of newbies involved! Here is my helpful advice: When traveling with many young campers, it is very helpful

I second that! We have the pop up gizmos on our hybrid and not only do they help with heat/cooling but also keeps canvas clean. Also if your pup or hybrid has privacy curtains on the beds, it helps to

If you're going to be at the Fort for a week or more & didn't bring bikes with you (and you want to bike ride), don't rent bikes from the Fort.  Go to Wal-Mart & buy a cheap one. When you're d

I always empty my fresh water tank when traveling at 8.38lb per gal and 40gal tank = 335lb unneeded weight. I do carry a gal jug of water to flush the toilet when on the road. I also only keep about a gal of water and chemical in my black tank and nothing in my gray tank.

Bring a fan in the late spring, summer and early fall months. We have a portable one IN the TT and a full size one OUTSIDE the TT. It makes a long day outside more relaxing.

If they ever bring back FTW logo merchandise get a shirt for the whole family. My kids are almost grown out of their t-shirts (I need more). We pick a day to wear them as a family. Its so much fun and the pictures are great. SO come on Disney-this Mom needs new shirts! :)

When we camp for a week or more or at Thanksgiving-I purchase food before we leave home (25 mins. away). We make a grocery run to Walmart (off of SR 535) about at the half way point of the week. Then of course, dh has to go to Camping World which is just a hop skip and a jump from there. WM is one stop shopping-especially down by Disney.

• 3 months later...

Check the PSI on your tire and tire before every time you go on a trip. I hope the Board make is a page or so everyone can see it. Today I was checking on my TT and I saw a TT coming back not good. The right side had a Tire blowout taking out the finder and some of the side of the TT and it also took out the mounting bracket and the upright of the awning. So check our tires all the time.

The cm at the meadows told me that they were told not to fill the lifetime mugs I quickly told her that if my friend with her mug showed up, they had better or they were going to get an earful! :banana:

Guess which friend I was talking about?:rofl2:?

Well I sure want to know! Whoever it is, I want to schedule my vacation at the same time as her. I don't have enough nerve to use my lifetime mugs, I need some back-up. :dance:

Change your key locks to your hatches to you outside compartments. I was at my RV storage today and the manager came up to me and told me that lots of RV outside compartment had their valuables stolen a few days ago. The people that did not break into them they just used a key (if you don’t know most RV companies use the same key for outside compartments) I switched my to a barrel type key when I first got my TT

• 5 months later...

Rita--->Anxiety Attack--->Sledge Hammer--->No Problem

You forgot the beer. :clint:

Rita--->Anxiety Attack--->Beer--->Sledge Hammer--->No Problem

But woud that be drinking and Hammering? :rofl2:

I think I see the mother of all hijacks coming.

Apparently you found a need for one...

yes, the "moving thingie" on our hitch got stuck and we couldn't hitch. Neighbor had sledge hammer and pipe, worked wonders!

She travels with Ed, what do you think? :rofl2:

That is true! of course, he travels with me too. Bless his heart!

Rita--->Anxiety Attack--->Sledge Hammer--->No Problem

Sledge hammer, punch, sometimes you gotta have relief!

You forgot the beer. :clint:

Rita--->Anxiety Attack--->Beer--->Sledge Hammer--->No Problem

But woud that be drinking and Hammering? :rofl2:

I think I see the mother of all hijacks coming.

How could he forget the beer? Heck with enough beer, we might not need the hammer!

So that's how you get hammered?

I wondered why I had such a bad head ache!

Change your key locks to your hatches to you outside compartments. I was at my RV storage today and the manager came up to me and told me that lots of RV outside compartment had their valuables stolen a few days ago. The people that did not break into them they just used a key (if you don’t know most RV companies use the same key for outside compartments) I switched my to a barrel type key when I first got my TT

I find it totaly amazing that people don't realize that 95% of the people in the campground have a 751 key on thier keyring also. :facepalm:

Not only the camper compartment but also most Golf carts of the same model have the same key also.

I have re keyed everything I have just to be safe.

I find it totaly amazing that people don't realize that 95% of the people in the campground have a 751 key on thier keyring also. :facepalm:

Not only the camper compartment but also most Golf carts of the same model have the same key also.

it is also a good idea not to leave the keys in the cart while you are at the fort and have your cart unattended

I saw a teenager take a cart last year because the people left their keys in it at their site. He walked up put it in forward and took off. It was a high speed personal cart.

Entirely true. I added hatches to the outside of my camper and they both use the same key, and so does my kitchen!!

it is also a good idea not to leave the keys in the cart while you are at the fort and have your cart unattended

I saw a teenager take a cart last year because the people left their keys in it at their site. He walked up put it in forward and took off. It was a high speed personal cart.

Somebody named Joker did the same thing Sat morning. The key was in it and turned on. The charger was attached, but the breaker had been turned off. So the cart wasn't even charged!!!!

Somebody named Joker did the same thing Sat morning. The key was in it and turned on. The charger was attached, but the breaker had been turned off. So the cart wasn't even charged!!!!

Yes but he left a note that he stole it :rofl2: