• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was Zeus's (4 yr old schnoodle) favorite view of the Fort. He would sit on top of the couch, with his favorite stuffed squirrel under his chin, keeping watch from lot 1616.:)

This is my latest pup, Banzai, a Miniature Australian Shepard at 5 1/2 Months.  We got him in October.  

This is the TCD dog, Rocky. He is the third boxer we have owned, and the only one out of the three who enjoys swimming. I snapped this photo during a recent visit to Honeymoon Island State Park: TCD

Posted Images

Our Savannah is an indoor dog.  We put her out in the fenced backyard from time to time, but she has found a way to get out and come to the front door to be let in.  My thinking is that she needs her own key.   And she needs to know how to handle those little baggie things when she IS outside....Maybe if we told her our house is in a pet loop...

• 1 month later...

You noticed! From one angle he is just shy of a full profile, from another angle just shy of a traditional Mickey...He was meant for us.

Is he Dalmation or a hunting dog or a mix?  He is cool looking and the photo of him asleep with back half off the bed  :rofl2:  did he slide off that day?

Is he Dalmation or a hunting dog or a mix? He is cool looking and the photo of him asleep with back half off the bed :rofl2: did he slide off that day?

He is a German short haired pointer mixed with Catahoula. He was wobbling so I woke him up...poor fella.

He's a troubled one...In the year since his birth he's overdosed on my Synthroid and has his first taste of charcoal...got his head stuck in a fence at daycare...and got hit by a car and was at the vet every other day for 10 weeks for wound care...lol but we live him! He should have been a cat with 9 lives

Great photos - thanks for sharing them!

We had our annual border collie rescue reunion this past weekend.  Bz had a boo-boo toe, and I was busy working the raffle, so I've only got these photos...

Lyn and Brady playing in the pond - Lyn frequently forgets to shake and it's Brady's job to just follow her around and stay out of trouble.

10616004_10152256494461536_2456042160333

Lyn would fetch the ball in the pond ALL. DAY. LONG.  In fact if we stop throwing it for her and someone else is throwing a ball on the other side of the pond for their dog, she'll promptly abandon us and go steal some other poor dog's ball.

10514514_10152256493601536_8627315090097

Every once in a while Brady wants to catch one too - which can be a trick when you're in a field with 20-30 other border collies, many of whom are younger and faster than he is.  But my 12.5 year old boy still has some legs on him!

10639621_10152256494101536_1532174326526

Great photos - thanks for sharing them!

We had our annual border collie rescue reunion this past weekend.  Bz had a boo-boo toe, and I was busy working the raffle, so I've only got these photos...

Lyn and Brady playing in the pond - Lyn frequently forgets to shake and it's Brady's job to just follow her around and stay out of trouble.

10616004_10152256494461536_2456042160333

Lyn would fetch the ball in the pond ALL. DAY. LONG.  In fact if we stop throwing it for her and someone else is throwing a ball on the other side of the pond for their dog, she'll promptly abandon us and go steal some other poor dog's ball.

10514514_10152256493601536_8627315090097

Every once in a while Brady wants to catch one too - which can be a trick when you're in a field with 20-30 other border collies, many of whom are younger and faster than he is.  But my 12.5 year old boy still has some legs on him!

10639621_10152256494101536_1532174326526

Those pups are awesome, just awesome!

Those pups are awesome, just awesome!

Thanks!  :)

I think people would pay admission to watch a field full of 20-30 border collies playing.

I know I would.

TCD

Oh it's a party.  And there have been many more than that out at any one time.  You either have to find an out of the way spot to sit, or pay attention and keep your knees bent in case you get plowed into.

Amazingly there's almost never a scuffle.  If there is, it's usually because 15 of them have decided they can only play with ONE ball (even though there are dozens more strewn around).

One time there were about 25-ish of them all focused on a ball someone was holding.  The guy holding the ball held it up and said "sit" and they all sat.

:rofl2:

Lucky_zpsf6599fa0.jpg

This is our other dog Lucky - - - also a rescue. I had an internet romance with her 12 years ago on the Humane Society Website.  In this picture, she is 16 years old. She is now 17 and 4 months, and really on borrowed time. She has been the best dog, and I can't imagine our home without her.

Lucky is adorable!  She would totally steal my heart.

You know what's funny? When we went to meet her, my husband wasn't totally sold on getting a dog. When they brought her in, she walked right past me, over to my husband and rolled over on his feet.  I kid you not!

He was putty in her hands.

Mo, what great photos of the Border Collies just having fun.  They are such pretty dogs anyway.

Cindy, I love how bright eyed and alert Lucky looks in her 16 year old pic.

You know what's funny? When we went to meet her, my husband wasn't totally sold on getting a dog. When they brought her in, she walked right past me, over to my husband and rolled over on his feet.  I kid you not!

He was putty in her hands.

Dumb animals, yeah right, not!  

They know what they are doing and I've seen some of them, dogs and cats alike, plan what to do. 

Lucky knew who needed to be won over and it worked, so HA!