• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was Zeus's (4 yr old schnoodle) favorite view of the Fort. He would sit on top of the couch, with his favorite stuffed squirrel under his chin, keeping watch from lot 1616.:)

This is my latest pup, Banzai, a Miniature Australian Shepard at 5 1/2 Months.  We got him in October.  

This is the TCD dog, Rocky. He is the third boxer we have owned, and the only one out of the three who enjoys swimming. I snapped this photo during a recent visit to Honeymoon Island State Park: TCD

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Check out this newly certified therapy dog.  The big boy passed all his tests with flying colors.  He is now a member of Therapy Dogs International.  He will be 2 in August...... had his Canine Good Citizen before he was a year.

post-9448-0-73793600-1400524408_thumb.jp

Check out this newly certified therapy dog.  The big boy passed all his tests with flying colors.  He is now a member of Therapy Dogs International.  He will be 2 in August...... had his Canine Good Citizen before he was a year.

Very cool. What's his name?

We'll also need a larger photo so we can see his beautiful face.

If you don't have one yet, you'll have to set up a photo hosting account. It's quick and easy to do, and then you can post full size photos.

Is he staying with you or did you Foster him and train him for someone else? Is he trained for a specific therapy?

Aren't dogs just the best?

His name is Walter, kids named him after Mr. Disney.  He is all mine from 8 weeks.  Not therapy specific training just friendly make you feel good kind of thing.  I will pick several venues (retirement homes/assisted living, library kids reading to dogs, kids with disabilities, and maybe hospice) and let the dog show me which one he likes best.  The one and only time the dog will tell me where to go.  He sits about 30in at shoulders and weighs in at 150lbs.  He was camping this weekend.  Fellow campers wanted to steal him away but I do not think Walt would go for it.  He has it pretty nice around here.  This summer will be his second trip to WDW.  Dogs are truly neat creatures.  Plus he likes to go fishing with me.

Very cool. What's his name?

We'll also need a larger photo so we can see his beautiful face.

If you don't have one yet, you'll have to set up a photo hosting account. It's quick and easy to do, and then you can post full size photos.

Is he staying with you or did you Foster him and train him for someone else? Is he trained for a specific therapy?

Aren't dogs just the best?

If you are on your computer Lou just click on it. It opens up big. 

His name is Walter, kids named him after Mr. Disney.  He is all mine from 8 weeks.  Not therapy specific training just friendly make you feel good kind of thing.  I will pick several venues (retirement homes/assisted living, library kids reading to dogs, kids with disabilities, and maybe hospice) and let the dog show me which one he likes best.  The one and only time the dog will tell me where to go.  He sits about 30in at shoulders and weighs in at 150lbs.  He was camping this weekend.  Fellow campers wanted to steal him away but I do not think Walt would go for it.  He has it pretty nice around here.  This summer will be his second trip to WDW.  Dogs are truly neat creatures.  Plus he likes to go fishing with me.

Sounds great.

150lbs, wow, that's one big dog.

If you are on your computer Lou just click on it. It opens up big. 

I wasn't, but I will be soon. Thanks Jason.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

And now for the cats. :)

This is from a few years ago, we were participating in an art film called Catopia. It was a blast and my kids learned a little about film making. 

14871947923_4819aedb58_z.jpg

And old one of Spike, back when he was thin and not so fluffy. 

14665445928_fdcbee4610_z.jpg

Boots

14665528737_9c3d91408f_z.jpg

Socks

14849614944_34f7848624_z.jpg

Smokey

14849001551_db91cc6288_z.jpg

And Spike again, he is the character of the house. He followed my son home one day and has been a member of the family ever since. 

14665445389_12cf8c8b38_z.jpg

Ok, sorry for filling up this thread. 

Here are my doggies. 

This is Chloe, she likes the snow.

This is Rocky, he is a goofball. 

Bigger pics are much better. I adjusted the brightness and contrast so that I could see Chloe's beautiful face.

And Rocky, how could anyone give him up?

Spike

Boots

Socks

Smokey

That's a lot of cats and it's so great that they have a home.

I wish they all could.

Here are a few more. These are my outside kitties. Though they are not technically mine I do feed them daily. 

This is Rocky, he has a home, he just likes roaming the neighborhood and getting food from all the cat friendly folks that live around here. He also has a habit of watching us. 

14667925450_d15fa00281_z.jpg

This is Mo. He has been hanging around for about 10 months, he survived the polar vortex this winter and now allows me to hold him. 

14851556511_7b1c919c03_z.jpg

This is Oreo, he wants food and nothing else. Very skittish but comes daily for a meal. 

14667998789_2cf640cabb_z.jpg

These are my outside kitties. Though they are not technically mine I do feed them daily. 

I can relate to that.

he just likes roaming the neighborhood and getting food from all the cat friendly folks that live around here.

So glad that we have a number of cat friendly folks as well.

This is Mo. He has been hanging around for about 10 months, he survived the polar vortex this winter and now allows me to hold him. 

Isn't it amazing what they can live through?

This is Oreo, he wants food and nothing else. Very skittish but comes daily for a meal. 

We have an Oreo too, but we call him Boots. He's been coming around off and on for many years.

He was limping very badly a few weeks ago, so sad. We were getting ready to trap him and take him to the Vet, but all of sudden he was walking normally.

Yeah for pics! I love kitties but sadly DH and DS are allergic :(

Gail is too and she's been a real trooper for the last couple of months, but she's the one that brought the last two kittens home.

She found two more a couple of weeks ago. She brought them to the shelter, but they were so young and in such bad health that they had to put them down.

People, people, if you have a cat or a dog and allowing it to go outside, make sure it's fixed before you do so that we don't have to put down new kittens and puppies. It's tough to have to do that.

Gail is too and she's been a real trooper for the last couple of months, but she's the one that brought the last two kittens home.

She found two more a couple of weeks ago. She brought them to the shelter, but they were so young and in such bad health that they had to put them down.

People, people, if you have a cat or a dog and allowing it to go outside, make sure it's fixed before you do so that we don't have to put down new kittens and puppies. It's tough to have to do that.

We plan on trapping the two outside kitties that are strays and having them neutered. Our city has a trap, fix, and release program. But since we have been traveling most of the summer I want to make sure I am home long enough to take care of them, thus waiting. And all of my kitties are fixed but they are solely indoor cats.