Please share how you found Fort Fiends  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you are here, please tell us how you found us. This will help us zero in on what works.

• Google (or other search engine ) search
    • You were given a Fiend card
    • Saw a sign at a campground
    • Facebook or Twitter
    • Original Flush
    • Saw a link on another website or forum
    • Advertising on another website or forum
    • Spotted a Fort Fiends sticker on a car or camper while driving
    • Personal referral
    • Other

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Could we add a choice like "noticed missing fiends & went off searching" or something like that perhaps? I don't see a box that applies to those of us who found you but weren't flushed?

We're good for a weekend at the Fort every other month or so. Unfortunately, we hadn't been during Christmas season before, but enjoyed a good looping run to see the Halloween decorations in October.

To add to Dave's excellent post, another big, big, difference, is that unlike just about all WDW related discussion boards where posters can get mean and rude because they know that they'll never meet

Could we add a choice like "noticed missing fiends & went off searching" or something like that perhaps?

I don't see a box that applies to those of us who found you but weren't flushed? :unsure:

Could we add a choice like "noticed missing fiends & went off searching" or something like that perhaps?

I don't see a box that applies to those of us who found you but weren't flushed? :unsure:

That would be Other,Pam. and now you've explained your choice :banana:

I wasn't part of the "Original Flush" either but when I saw the water swirling I started a big time Google search. Thank heavens it worked :banana:

That was my problem... I didn't want to say google search b/c I knew what I was looking for ahead of time, but I only came in as the water was swirling so wasn't part of the flush either. I know there are several other fiends who did likewise. "Other" it is then. B)

When the big flush happened, I wasn't banned, only given points. :popo: For all you regulars, you know that stacktester ALWAYS gave me a hard time on voldemort for my Jimmie Johnson posts. About a week after everyone disappeared, I saw a post by LORNADUCK about a business who rented a fifth wheel or pup at the Fort. I knew that Donnie had been doing that, but I wasn't sure if that was his or not.

I took the chance and e-mailed that business with one simple question:

"If I rent an rv from you, can I hang my Jimmie Johnson flags off of it?"

I figured if it was Donnie, he would KNOW it was me. If it wasn't Donnie, this business owner would just think I was some whack job!

It was Donnie, and he led me to fort fiends! :heart:

If it wasn't for Donnie and Lorna (whose post was removed shortly after) I would probably still be lost in cyber-space, as I don't do facebook, myspace, etc.......

So even though Lorna was fast asleep at Crystal River and I missed hugging her neck, and Donnie can be a bit outspoken, they hold a special place in my heart! :)

I woke up in an alley in Tijuana after a weekend of parties and debauchery in Detroit. As I lay there, being picked at by drunken otters, I heard a voice say "Look at that dude. He's so washed out he should be called a Fiend." And the rest, as they say, is history.

I *think* that someone still on the other place sent me a link in a pm. But that was months ago and at my advanced age it is very hard to remember.

I think at least one or two people figured it out from pm's I sent them on that board.

You asked where you might look to find more information and trip reports about camping at WDW. I know there is a place where Fort Fiends post on the net. If you are bold enough to put things together, you should find what you are looking for.

Now, I just go tto the FB Disbaords page about once a week and post what a great place this is. Same with the "I Love Camping At Fort Wilderness" FB paage. :dance:

I voted "original flush", since I was "over there" during the flush, though I was not a flushee. I guess I was really a 'personal referral' since I learned about "over here" from fiends who pm'ed me or wrote me on facebook to let me know where folks were landing, but I figured that category was more intended for folks who were new fiends and only found FF because an existing fiend told them about it... boy, this is a confusing poll! Good luck on collating the answers, Carol! LOL

ShantaClausSm.png

I searched and searched right after the flush because I knew you couldn't keep these crazy SOB's down, but I never did get any results with search engines, I assume because there wasn't enough content at that time to trigger a result. So I just lurked Voldemort until one day, an old trip report was bumped to the top. This seemed strange, so I took a peek and...lo and behold, all of the pictures in the trip report had been replaced with Snarky Logos and the name of the new site! I might still be looking if it wasn't for that trip report! Crazy SOB's.

I searched and searched right after the flush because I knew you couldn't keep these crazy SOB's down, but I never did get any results with search engines, I assume because there wasn't enough content at that time to trigger a result. So I just lurked Voldemort until one day, an old trip report was bumped to the top. This seemed strange, so I took a peek and...lo and behold, all of the pictures in the trip report had been replaced with Snarky Logos and the name of the new site! I might still be looking if it wasn't for that trip report! Crazy SOB's.

Imagine bumping an old thread and posting FF propaganda, who would do such a thing :rofl2:

I also voted original flush, although that's not quite true. I was laying on my backside & dealing with crazies for almost 2 months & not online when everything was happening. Lorna & Jen & Carol & Kathy & Donnie & Debbie all were checking up on me via e-mail/facebook/phone & let me know where my new home was:) And that is truly being a fiend!! They worry about you and see if there is anything they can do for you when you're down & out physically & mentally. I :heart: you guys!

Ok, that was a lie.

The true story of how I found FF:

A flock of purple flamingos landed in the front yard, and then there were otters coming up from the ditch behind the house, all were wearing mickey coonskin caps and singing the Mouseketeer themesong before they broke out singing and dancing to It's a Small World. And they were wearing mickey ears and shirts with a drawing of a fiendmingo and it said FortFiends.net on it. They told me I should come visit them sometime. It was a short distance over the rainbow. Gnomes and unicorns would help me skip over there.

There's nothing overly exciting about our "discovery" of FF.

We were working on plans for an upcoming fort trip. Not our first, but we always look for any new information we can find.

A well-informed Disney freak is a happy Disney freak, right?

While scouring the internet, we found fortfiends.net.

I clicked.

I had no idea what I was getting into... :facepalm:

I was found by Fiends and lured in under the pretense there would be cake.

:rofl2:

ok, first part is correct.

I'd gotten points on voldemort but hadn't been banned yet. However I'd already decided not to post there anymore. I was tracked down by a couple of Fiends through Facebook.

About a week after I started posting here I was flushed for good.

...and the rest is history! :parrot:

I *think* that someone still on the other place sent me a link in a pm. But that was months ago and at my advanced age it is very hard to remember.

I think at least one or two people figured it out from pm's I sent them on that board.

Now, I just go tto the FB Disbaords page about once a week and post what a great place this is. Same with the "I Love Camping At Fort Wilderness" FB paage. :dance:

OMG, you actually do that? I never knew.

:bellringer: