Please share how you found Fort Fiends  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you are here, please tell us how you found us. This will help us zero in on what works.

• Google (or other search engine ) search
    • You were given a Fiend card
    • Saw a sign at a campground
    • Facebook or Twitter
    • Original Flush
    • Saw a link on another website or forum
    • Advertising on another website or forum
    • Spotted a Fort Fiends sticker on a car or camper while driving
    • Personal referral
    • Other

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Could we add a choice like "noticed missing fiends & went off searching" or something like that perhaps? I don't see a box that applies to those of us who found you but weren't flushed?

We're good for a weekend at the Fort every other month or so. Unfortunately, we hadn't been during Christmas season before, but enjoyed a good looping run to see the Halloween decorations in October.

To add to Dave's excellent post, another big, big, difference, is that unlike just about all WDW related discussion boards where posters can get mean and rude because they know that they'll never meet

I was on the "other boards" earlier this year and hadn't been there for months and then I finally noticed all the regulars were gone and I put 2+2 together and found out about the flush. Then a little PM fairy sent me a message that said "have you figured out were all the Fort Fiends went yet?" and since I'm pretty handy with google search, it took less than 5 minutes and I found this board!

I was on the "other boards" earlier this year and hadn't been there for months and then I finally noticed all the regulars were gone and I put 2+2 together and found out about the flush. Then a little PM fairy sent me a message that said "have you figured out were all the Fort Fiends went yet?" and since I'm pretty handy with google search, it took less than 5 minutes and I found this board!

Gotta love those search engines :banana:

• 4 months later...

Well, as much as I hate to say it I haven't been nearly as active on this board as I was on the "other" board because of some personal situations (like being deployed to a foreign country, etc). But I kinda think I may have been the instigator over there that eventually led to the "original flush" when someone asked if the Fort was "worth it." I'm not trying to solicit undue credit, so by all means correct me if I'm out of line (I know some of you will jump on that opportunity :kickinass: ). Anyways, hopefully y'all will accept me back with open arms and I will try to come around a little more often, even though the internet over here isn't exactly cooperative.

On a separate note, I will be home on leave right around New Year's Day, and of course, will be at the Fort from 4-9 January! Hope to see some of you there. Do we have any way of identifying one another? I burned all my green disneys. :camp1:

Well, as much as I hate to say it I haven't been nearly as active on this board as I was on the "other" board because of some personal situations (like being deployed to a foreign country, etc). But I kinda think I may have been the instigator over there that eventually led to the "original flush" when someone asked if the Fort was "worth it." I'm not trying to solicit undue credit, so by all means correct me if I'm out of line (I know some of you will jump on that opportunity :kickinass: ). Anyways, hopefully y'all will accept me back with open arms and I will try to come around a little more often, even though the internet over here isn't exactly cooperative.

On a separate note, I will be home on leave right around New Year's Day, and of course, will be at the Fort from 4-9 January! Hope to see some of you there. Do we have any way of identifying one another? I burned all my green disneys. :camp1:

The way I see it a messageboard is made by the members. With out people participating things tend to be DISappointing. When members DISappear and don't post anymore and no one will answer why people become DISallusioned. I am sure that there are more than a few people who were members that unknowingly said the wrong thing and poof they were gone (no explaination). Add to that the refusal of their webmasters to reply to email messages and you get a board where no one posts anymore. I have seen several usernames post a message over there and never come back. They are probably as confused as many of us where when we were banned. Not sure what I did that was against their TOS but oh well this place is more fun because this is where the active posters are. Sorry for the :rant:

Oh and :welcome2:

But I kinda think I may have been the instigator over there that eventually led to the "original flush" when someone asked if the Fort was "worth it."

Good to have you here and of course I'm sure everyone will welcome you with open arms, and thanks for your service.

Most of us do remember that thread and your response. The real Fiends knew what you posted was done tongue and cheek. It was some idiot poster, probably from the main board, that took it as being snarky and the seeds for the flush had been planted.

So yes, I guess you can take credit for being the instigator.

I thought we would have heard from you much sooner though.

Besides me being at the Fort, there will be a few Fiends there after the 1st.

Hey Robert6401- I think your response to the "is it worth it" question was the molehill that got made in to the mountain that led to the death of that other board. And I do mean death. There are some very minor and superficial signs of life over there, but that board is dead. I wish that one of the idiot webmasters over there would shut that thing down, because it's an embarrassment, but they are too stupid to realize that. So, in addition to thanking you for your service to our country, I also thank you for starting the wheels in motion that led to this great board we have here. TCD

I agree with TCD. Your silly post may have started the ball rolling, but we all had our part in it. Why? Because fiends don't let fiends stand alone!!

PURPLE POWER!!!

And look where we are now. Best thing that could've happened!

Stay safe, and thank you!

:welcome: back Robert! First of all, I'd like to thank you for your service. My stepson was in Iraq twice. Once as a civilian and once with the Army. He's a combat medic. I hope your tour is safe and over fast! I'm glad you're here with us and hope you jump on in!

Enjoy your trip home and the Fort!

Y'all are great, thanks for all the kind words. I apologize for not being real active over here. I have checked in a read a few posts here and there, but just hadn't spoken up until yesterday. I'll try to fix that, and I'll also remember to pack my purple thong, clothesline, and pink flamingos for the trip in January.

Robert, I won't be there (I have to be back in class then) when you are at the Fort, but I will leave something with our fearless half-a-year-fiend-resident Judy for you at site 114. Make sure you drop by, have a beverage and pick up your prize. It is on me for your service to our country. I am proud to have many servicemen in my family and even prouder you are here with us serving and protecting our freedom to speak how we want to and to not be "punished" for it.

Welcome back!

I was pretty new over there (had been lurking for a month or so and had just started posting) when it all went down, and I specifically remember your comment (and remember your usc pics). I thought it was funny and that's why I logged in every day...for the snarkiness! I know your user name was different over there, but for the life of me I can't remember it.

And thanks for your service!!!