Please share how you found Fort Fiends  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you are here, please tell us how you found us. This will help us zero in on what works.

• Google (or other search engine ) search
    • You were given a Fiend card
    • Saw a sign at a campground
    • Facebook or Twitter
    • Original Flush
    • Saw a link on another website or forum
    • Advertising on another website or forum
    • Spotted a Fort Fiends sticker on a car or camper while driving
    • Personal referral
    • Other

And the difference here compared to other forums, is that it really doesn't matter whether you were here on Day 1 or if you just joined last week...every one can fit in and post to their heart's content. Every opinion is valued. Every member should feel ownership of this site, and that sense of ownership leads to a family environment. We have folks that joined a week ago that are so involved in the site already that they are putting out the welcome mat for those joining today.

To add to Dave's excellent post, another big, big, difference, is that unlike just about all WDW related discussion boards where posters can get mean and rude because they know that they'll never meet the person behind the screen name.

It's totally different here. It is very likely that you'll meet another Fiend, or many Fiends, at the Fort. The screen name provides very little cover. I'll also harass you and embarrass you until you come out.

That eliminates, at least so far, the baloney that you read on other boards.

Many, many of us have met and when we get Snarky, it's not real. It's always just joking around. If it's not, the self moderating feature kicks in.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Could we add a choice like "noticed missing fiends & went off searching" or something like that perhaps? I don't see a box that applies to those of us who found you but weren't flushed?

We're good for a weekend at the Fort every other month or so. Unfortunately, we hadn't been during Christmas season before, but enjoyed a good looping run to see the Halloween decorations in October.

To add to Dave's excellent post, another big, big, difference, is that unlike just about all WDW related discussion boards where posters can get mean and rude because they know that they'll never meet

To add to Dave's excellent post, another big, big, difference, is that unlike just about all WDW related discussion boards where posters can get mean and rude because they know that they'll never meet the person behind the screen name.

It's totally different here. It is very likely that you'll meet another Fiend, or many Fiends, at the Fort. The screen name provides very little cover. I'll also harass you and embarrass you until you come out.

That eliminates, at least so far, the baloney that you read on other boards.

Many, many of us have met and when we get Snarky, it's not real. It's always just joking around. If it's not, the self moderating feature kicks in.

see Lou, it's statements like that which cause the green arrow to get clicked on.... sorry.

• 2 months later...

So help me check my math...as I'm not too good with numbers.

To this point, 49 people have voted that they were part of the original flush. According to Voldy poster BigWigFatCat, 1,000 people would sign up "over there" for every person that left. That means they should have 49,000 new members.

I hope their servers are handling that traffic alright. :rofl3:

And as we saw over the 4th, there were dozens and dozens of green Mickeys at the Fort.

I've never actually seen one of those, except in old pictures, but then again, I've never seen a dragon or unicorn either, but I hear they're pretty scarce too!

To put things into perspective...on the Voldy Camping board AND the Camping Community board COMBINED, there are a total of 10 posts so far today. That's 10, as in TEN.

FF.net has 13 individuals that have posted 10 or more times today, one more than 80 times! Those 13 posters have made over 400 posts. Just today! Not to even mention the dozens and dozens of members that post less frequently, but are no less valuable to the vitality of this site.

In FF.net's 18 months in existence there are 182,330 posts, or an average of around 342 posts per day, every day.

342 per day. Compared to 10.

I'm sorry, but those 49,000 new members really SUCK at posting content. :rofl3:

I've never actually seen one of those, except in old pictures, but then again, I've never seen a dragon or unicorn either, but I hear they're pretty scarce too!

Finding a unicorn might be easier. I looked at Halloween & Thanksgiving without success. I've been here more than 2 weeks and haven't managed to find one this trip either. The hunt will continue while we're here over the next two weeks or so but, based on recent experience, I expect to find that herd of unicorns first...

I'm sorry, but those 49,000 new members really SUCK at posting content. :rofl3:

Or perhaps they actually ARE unicorns and there's some obscure rule of physics that says that unicorn votes actually have the effect of negating .0067755 posts for every one of their posts.

In which case the math makes perfect sense and those unicorns are posting like .... well Fiends.

:rofl2:

H, for instance, was flushed but hasn't stood to be counted. ;D

The smile at the end tells me that he has not stood to be counted, because you have been holding him down. You might have to keep pushing his head underwater to keep him in line, but you have to let him up to breath once and a while.