Please share how you found Fort Fiends  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you are here, please tell us how you found us. This will help us zero in on what works.

• Google (or other search engine ) search
    • You were given a Fiend card
    • Saw a sign at a campground
    • Facebook or Twitter
    • Original Flush
    • Saw a link on another website or forum
    • Advertising on another website or forum
    • Spotted a Fort Fiends sticker on a car or camper while driving
    • Personal referral
    • Other

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Could we add a choice like "noticed missing fiends & went off searching" or something like that perhaps? I don't see a box that applies to those of us who found you but weren't flushed?

We're good for a weekend at the Fort every other month or so. Unfortunately, we hadn't been during Christmas season before, but enjoyed a good looping run to see the Halloween decorations in October.

To add to Dave's excellent post, another big, big, difference, is that unlike just about all WDW related discussion boards where posters can get mean and rude because they know that they'll never meet

I voted "Other". I spent January hanging out on the DCL forum because I was cruising The Dream in February. After the cruise I hung out there for a while longer, then realized something had happened, but never quite figured it out.

I'm waiting for the movie to come out!

I guess I Googled around til I got here. (I have to own up to maintaining dual citizenship.) I have to admit to being more of a train person than a camper, but I do love the Fort, and all of the friendly people. I hope to get along with everyone, as much as possible.

I had friends who were planning trips for around Memorial Day. They were staying at non Fort resorts. I was over there reading their trip reports and remembering back to my own trip to Disney back in January 2010. Feeling nostalgic I decided to go over and read some trip reports on the camping board. I kept seeing all the messages about where is everyone and noticed many pictures missing. Being a middle child I tend take the role of peace maker and decided it was probably best not to ask any questions over there. So, I began a Google search and found you all.

I rarely if ever post over there. There is something about this board though that makes that impossible. I think for me it is the ease of it. All the forums tend to flow like normal conversations. Many times times you all have been just what I needed providing a smile or a laugh out loud moment. :heart:

I was a part of the "Great Fiend Flush" of 2011. I'd finally had enough of a certain "cupcake" or "jackwagon" (you choose the name). I called him out and told him what an arrogant ass he was, along with some other colorful metaphors. He cried, he whined, he called foul, and I was flushed.

I still maintain that TCD's & FtWildernessguy's tirades were the class acts of all! They were flushed with a flair!! :flush2:

It really wasn't the otters that tipped me, it was a phone call from Queen Snarky!

I was a part of the "Great Fiend Flush" of 2011. I'd finally had enough of a certain "cupcake" or "jackwagon" (you choose the name). I called him out and told him what an arrogant ass he was, along with some other colorful metaphors. He cried, he whined, he called foul, and I was flushed.

I still maintain that TCD's & FtWildernessguy's tirades were the class acts of all! They were flushed with a flair!! :flush2:

It really wasn't the otters that tipped me, it was a phone call from Queen Snarky!

...AND...you tipped me off. Or was it the otters? :unsure: No, No, I'm sure it was you. :highfive:

Just bumping to the Top!!

And a clarification, we are wanting to know how you found out www.fortfiends.net was here.

If you were on the other board and all of a sudden couldn't find the members, what means did you ultimately find the link that led you here??

Did you google search, did you search on facebook, did you call or email a fellow fiend.

Wow, I unfriended that page, didn't think of it as a "legal" way to promote!!!

You know, I unfriended that page and after I saw her post, went back and now it says it is being archived. :rofl2:

I just found it amusing for some reason.

I am an infrequent poster here and was the same on the other place but I usually checked in on a regular basis to see what was happening. During the "great flush", I wasn't checking in at all...I was at the Fort, without internet access. When I came home I noticed a void. You were all gone so I went hunting. It took me a while. I checked a lot on the other board at first, but any and all references to what happened was deleted and discouraged and more people seemed to disappear if they asked. I didn't want to "disappear" (didn't want to be wearing cement galoshes at the bottom of the Atlantic) so I searched on my own, without success. I had all but stopped looking at the other board altogether. What's remains on that board is pathetic and now much of the information being given is not entirely accurate.

One day, in April as I was preparing to travel to the Fort I was checking the Facebook group, "I love camping at FW (or something like that)to try to see if there was information there. Lo and behold, there was a little post about fortfiends.net on one of the threads. So I headed over and here I am. Even if I had missed you then, turns out that I would have eventually found you. During my summer trip a lovely calling card was left for me on my chair at my campsite.

your welcome! (for the card on the chair) :heart:

When WMKathy felt she had to join in on that infamous thread, I immediately wrote a very strong email to Voldemort and quit on the spot.

I let Lorna know what I had done and that if she wanted to contact me, she could email or call me. Soon afterwards we talked and that's when she told me what Jen & Chris were up to. As soon as the site was up, I was there.

you are a flush starter, you know it! YOU PULLED THE LEVER! :rofl2:

we love you for it too! :heart:

I voted "Other". I spent January hanging out on the DCL forum because I was cruising The Dream in February. After the cruise I hung out there for a while longer, then realized something had happened, but never quite figured it out.

I'm waiting for the movie to come out!

I guess I Googled around til I got here. (I have to own up to maintaining dual citizenship.) I have to admit to being more of a train person than a camper, but I do love the Fort, and all of the friendly people. I hope to get along with everyone, as much as possible.

one of the admins (me) is a huge train buff too... :heart:

ask Lorna how I teared up when I opened my Fort Wilderness train for my birthday present!

There is a section on the train and it is building and building. We would love your input (hopefully you are already helping Monique) and David Leapheart (I hope I spelled that right) is also contributing. I don't ever want the FW train's memory to die.

and no one really cares if you are a dual poster, just as long as you play here! :heart:

oh, and by the way, just so everyone knows...

I was banned one hour after posting on a PRIVATE Facebook board that I was opening up FortFiends and what time it was going to happen. There was some bogus quote given that I said a month before "I am one of the original Fiends and probably the Snarkiest" or something to that effect.

Things that make you go hmmmmm. :popcorn:

you are a flush starter, you know it! YOU PULLED THE LEVER!

I had to wash my hands after touching that handle.

My grandkids will love to hear that story about Grampy.

I think I have, but just in case I haven't, thanks for what you did.

It's the only social media I do.

like others, I had taken a hiatus from things over there ... trip was over, had nothing on the immediate horizon and the other area of the boards I frequent had become extreme coupon central. when we started thinking about renting a pop up or something, I went back to ask about the site I knew I'd seen mentioned ... got a PM from someone telling me the name of the site I'm looking for and mentioned the flush. So, I googled, found Donnie's site AND Fort Fiends. A search engine jackpot! party0006.gif

I think Jen sent me a question on FB asking if I would be mad if they opened a forum like mine, but just about FW. I said that I was letting RVUsa.org die and go ahead. The "two" I came to find out, were mad, because they were being loyal to me and the old site, and thought that Jen and Chris were trying to put me out of business. I started RvUsa when we all started going into chat, over at the other place, and were getting into trouble for it. So I opened the forums about the same time they finally open the community board, so my place never did take off. I was just trying to have a place were "we" could all be ourselves and not get into trouble over "there". I guess I was not the marketing genius that Jen and Chris are, and my place faded away.

I am glad we are all still together but I am upset that Jen and Chris are making all the millions of $$$$$ here, and not me!!! <_<;)

I think Jen sent me a question on FB asking if I would be mad if they opened a forum like mine, but just about FW. I said that I was letting RVUsa.org die and go ahead. The "two" I came to find out, were mad, because they were being loyal to me and the old site, and thought that Jen and Chris were trying to put me out of business. I started RvUsa when we all started going into chat, over at the other place, and were getting into trouble for it. So I opened the forums about the same time they finally open the community board, so my place never did take off. I was just trying to have a place were "we" could all be ourselves and not get into trouble over "there". I guess I was not the marketing genius that Jen and Chris are, and my place faded away.

I am glad we are all still together but I am upset that Jen and Chris are making all the millions of $$$$$ here, and not me!!! <_<;)

Are you talking annoy the millions of pieces of pennies? :rofl2:

We love John so much. This place would never, ever bee the same without him. :heart: