We arrived this afternoon and were greeted with this in our packet.... :unsure:

As soon as Kenny gets here with our golf cart we are going out to check and see how many are actually following the "guidelines"...pictures coming up later.

DSCN9417-1.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We arrived this afternoon and were greeted with this in our packet.... As soon as Kenny gets here with our golf cart we are going out to check and see how many are actually following the "guidelines"

Karla-

Good job! I have been waiting to see these.

For once, I think the Fort management did a decent job putting their rules in writing.

Of course, the "good taste" requirement is going to be an interesting one to see them enforce.

The biggest change will come from the 30' from the main road requirement. That is going to most definitely change some of the most popular sites from years past.

All-in-all, these new rules still allow for plenty of decorations.

TCD

I'm also pleasantly surprised at this. I expected something much more onerous...which they would fail to enforce consistently anyways. This seems reasonable, with the possible exception of the 30' rule. I have to believe that mgmt discussed this with Hilda and they came to some sort of agreement? I don't see how her usual displays would possibly be in compliance. I hope they have something figured out, cause we love visiting her site.

Next weekend, I start sorting through my decorations to plan for our trip! :jumpforjoy

I'm also pleasantly surprised at this. I expected something much more onerous...which they would fail to enforce consistently anyways. This seems reasonable, with the possible exception of the 30' rule. I have to believe that mgmt discussed this with Hilda and they came to some sort of agreement? I don't see how her usual displays would possibly be in compliance. I hope they have something figured out, cause we love visiting her site.

Next weekend, I start sorting through my decorations to plan for our trip! :jumpforjoy

I spoke to Hilda when I visited the Fort in September, and she knew about the new rules coming down. At that point, she had not yet seen anything in writing, but management had talked to her. She was bummed about the 30' rule. She also mentioned that her regular across-the-loop neighbor, Jeannie, was going to have to really tone things down because of the 30' rule and the no decorations in common areas rule. I haven't been back yet to see what these two super decorators came up with, but I'm sure that they came up with something.

TCD

I haven't been back yet to see what these two super decorators came up with, but I'm sure that they came up with something.

TCD

The decorations at Hilda's site and her neighbor across the street are real subdued.

In fact, the neighbor's decorations have been wrapped up in plastic...I think she uncovers them on the weekend when she's here.

The common area next to Hilda's neighbor is empty...looks sad :(

Will try to take some pictures when the lights are on and post tonight.