• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We arrived this afternoon and were greeted with this in our packet.... As soon as Kenny gets here with our golf cart we are going out to check and see how many are actually following the "guidelines"

Guys, I tried to start a new topic and failed miserably.. does anyone know the fire pit rule? I have a mesh top one and I cant find that thing that Jen scanned in.... I'm REALLY hoping to bring it, nothing like a cold beverage and warm campfire while on vacation!!

Your new thread worked- I posted an image of the fire pit document there.

TCD

I really understand most of the new rules, but the larger displays like Hilda's and her neighbors were one of the great things about the Fort during Christmas time. Just magical, to me and to my family. It is a shame that they are having to tone it down. But it's Disney's campground and they can put any rules in place they want to. And they probably have good reasons, like electricity usage, safety, blah blah blah...

I am thinking the 30' from the road rule is to stop people from stopping there carts, and cars in the middle of the road to look at the lights. I have seen it several times where people are in the middile of the road looking at lights and clueless that Lou(a.k.a. A Bus) is coming right at them.

Here's Hilda's display....

DSCN0063-1.jpg

The next two are the display across from Hilda....

The right side of the second picture is Fort Wilderness Trail and the whole corner is empty of decorations...there is nothing on the corner. :'(

DSCN0056-1.jpg

DSCN0064-1.jpg

Here's the Thriller display...

DSCN0065-1.jpg

The decorations this year are pretty slim. Hilda said that one person picked up their decorations and left when told about the new rules. She didn't say who...but sounds like it was one of the bigger displays. The only big displays here are Hilda and her neighbor across the street in 700, "thriller" guy in 400 and Fiesty in 100.

TCD - Hilda wanted to know when you were coming back...said she'd contact you.

Oh crap, I just noticed something else. It says all decorations must marked as UL approved. Well in my OCDness, one of the first things I do is cut off all those stupid tags and stickers off of cords and decorations. They are butt uggly, and it drives me buggy. :banghead:

Oh crap, I just noticed something else. It says all decorations must marked as UL approved. Well in my OCDness, one of the first things I do is cut off all those stupid tags and stickers off of cords and decorations. They are butt uggly, and it drives me buggy. :banghead:

I do the exact same thing!! I can't stand little tags (especially 4 tags per item) on anything. I don't think they are going to come check though. I do have the ends of some of the boxes the lights came in, hopefully that will do. However, where am I going to fit my decorations this year? It's the decorating that is so much fun for me & now there is no way I can do my little cemetery. I'm totally bummed. My neighbors begged me to stay home this year, and I probably will next year.

I think we are O K on our many, many Christmas decorations although I had wanted to be closer to a street to give me more room to decorate but I think being where we usually are will be best. We usually have an empty lot (no campsite) beside us and that helps. We hang lights from the trees and on the bushes so the only thing I can't hang this year will be the large bells.

Wish we were there for Halloween but are planing on being there next year. Yipee!!!!!

Hope everyone is having fun and thinking about us folks at home.

New people moved into the first site on the right into the 300 loop (where the Howards used to be at Christmas for those that remember). They put out a HUGE display that isn't even remotely in their site, but instead is on the other side of the bushes that border the site facing the main road - the grassy area that leads to the playground.

It's a great display, but no way in the big, wide world does it fall within the guidelines.

On the plus (?) side it's not so much a lighted display so it shouldn't be a huge traffic issue - although it's right near the intersection of 300, 500 and the bus stop - which is just generally kind of busy.

There's a pretty big display at the entrance to 100 along the street also - kinda surprised that one is being allowed, especially since they're running a smoke machine that's creating a small fog bank all the way out across the road.

We had TONS of decorations on 300 Sat/Sun but most of them are gone now. It was packed here all weekend, but as of today there are probably at least 6-8 empty sites.

They were scrambling to put it up this afternoon. We'll see if/how long they let them leave it there.

There is a big display there along the main road - across the street from Hilda/Jeannie.

The display at the entrance to 300 has really taken shape and is pretty darned impressive.

It's not just a "lets chuck everything we have out on the lawn" display - it seems to have a theme as it goes around the corner, and it looks like a good bit of thought went into it. They have it lit with a fog machine tonight.

I took lots of pics - just have to find time to upload them all.

You tease!

What could possibly be occupying your time that is more important than uploading pics??

:popo:

Oh I dunno...stuffing myself with delicious food and drink while skipping around the parks occasionally humming and singing all g to theme park music... and Howard Jones?? (Btw... who knew he was still really good?)

Oh yeah, and looping and meeting Fiends!!

I took 600 pics in 2.5 days and I am mostly just reading/posting from my phone.

Y'all are just gonna have to sit on your hands and be patient! :)

You tease!

What could possibly be occupying your time that is more important than uploading pics??

:popo:

Oh yeah, and looping and meeting Fiends!!! :)

That would be #1 on my list!

:jumpforjoy :jumpforjoy :jumpforjoy :jumpforjoy

Are the two big displays on the 400 loop still there? They backed up to Fort Wilderness Trail and they had a cemetery, tombstones, pumpkins,etc. They were right across the street from Judy. I can't imagine that they would be within the new guidelines...great display though!

Ooops, I meant to say that they were across from Hilda.