• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FINALLY! Over an hour from Mickey Sign to check in. We're in 517

4am, why does it always have to be 4am? The plan is to be on the road at 7am or so. We have requested to 500 loop - we shall see. Rita has done it to me again! I told her after the last reservatio

I wanted to chime in here with some pictures I took of Edward and Give Kids the World. I'd also like to join Edward in thaning the Fiends that donated to GKTW through his run! I didn't realize the

In line at Epcot waiting for bus.

I know Lou, never take the bus!

We were gonna just grab food and head to HS. Then we grabbed drinks... and more food... and MORE drinks.

Good thing there is a bus!

(Which just arrived btw)

No flippin' way the Fort will be "dry" as long as we are there!

Might have to go out for more caramel vodka though. :)

Ok ... time for some photos ...

Let's get on the road to the show!

Disney041.jpg

Here comes the sun ...

Disney042.jpg

Cool; calm; ...

Disney044.jpg

OMG, my eyes; my eyes!

Disney045.jpg

Disney046.jpg

WTFort is this? Fog in Tallahassee?

Disney050.jpg

Fot those on this Short Bus Ride, you'll just have to try to keep up. Real Time posts first - photos later ...

This was our First Pit Stop (why can't the sun rise in the WEST?)

Disney052.jpg

Getting on to I-75! :jumpforjoy

Disney053.jpg

Payne's Prairie ...

Disney054.jpg

The Turnpike already? :jumpforjoy

Disney056.jpg

429? DANG, just how fast is Rita driving this Short Bus?

Disney057.jpg

Lou's favorite Sign ...

Disney058.jpg

Oh, look ... our first set of "ears"

Disney061.jpg

Hmmm, has anyone posted this sign yet?

Disney062.jpg

Must be windy outside - or is it just Dave? Look how stiff those flags are! :rofl3:

Disney063.jpg

WTFort? Look at that check-in line!

Disney064.jpg

more room for photos, but I'm taking a brief break ... for beverage purposes! :clint:

Ed you can do your share as well !!!!

Busted! Before we first met Donnie in person, we were warned about how much he can talk. Let's just say he might not have came out ahead of me on that one ...

Time for more photos - after a brief pit stop.

Wow! We're FINALLY at The Fort ...

Disney065.jpg

almost.

Disney066.jpg

Disney067.jpg

Are we there yet?

Disney068.jpg

WTFort! The Street Lights at The Fort are Black ...

Disney069.jpg

the one at the Guard Shack is White.

Disney071.jpg

Looks like some investigating needs to be done. (Maybe the 'Good Guys' wear a white hat).

A little closer.

Disney070.jpg

Meet Chris - a Fantastic Disney PoPo. Funny; Friendly; and check out that 'stache!

Disney072.jpg

Wow. Has it been an hour from the first Fort Wilderness sign to this one? Unfortunately, yes. :(

Disney073.jpg

We waited and waited and waited ... more about this in a minute.

While waiting, we saw this sign

Disney074.jpg

We thought we had a RMOG, because the driver of the Class A next to us made a quick exit and walked to the Check-in CM. After being pointed to the Main Reception Building, he quickly departed that direction. After a short wait, he came back and climbed into his Class A. WTFort was going on? Hint: His eyes weren't yellow when he came back. WhyTFort didn't he use the one in his Class A? We'll give him a break this time - maybe he had a Busted Flush (there's a hijack opportunity there, btw). So no RMOG, yet.

FINALLY, we're at check-in ... and there's a trainee. That's why our line was slow. We're there trainees on all the lines - because they were ALL slow (even on-line check-in)! Let's have fun with the trainee time. We have a pet; we have THREE reservations at the Fort that are stitched together; we have "Our" site assigned to TWO different campers?!? Trainer/Trainee are on the phone - a lot. another hour after pulling into check-in, we are on our way to Site 517!

While we were setting up, what to we see?

Disney075.jpg

It's Aiden, the Official Fiend Greeter! 3B and DH are there too ...

Disney076.jpg

In the All Hallow's Eve Cart

Disney077.jpg

Time to put a few of our Items out ...

Disney079.jpg

Disney080.jpg

Even Snarky is getting into the Halloween mood - he dressed up for the occasion, too!

Disney081.jpg

After this, we had a quick visit from Pam, DH, & Starla. Brief, because that was when we headed to the front to meed Lorna, Ritchie & Matt! We have 'our' GC now; we are holding Steve's GC awaiting his arrival; we are tired as hell and ...

More from Day 2 as it happens!

The Turnpike already? :jumpforjoy

Disney056.jpg

This is where we get on the road! My first panic attack of the trip, crossing three lanes of traffic to get onto the turnpike. :blink:

Before we first met Donnie in person, we were warned about how much he can talk.

What? Who would dare to say that Donnie talks a lot? ;)