Stefa70 Goes Commando For Christmas At The Fort

I love the Electric Parades! It may surprise y'all, but I also am not very patient and do not appreciate pushing, shoving jerks.

Thanks for the updates! The Move It Shake it blah blah blah parade is known as the "Shake and Bake" parade to me. It's easier to remember. I also think it's better than the 3:00 parade, but that's just my opinion. Great updates.

I Like your name better! Shake and Bake!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate that Andrew. I've known Judy for several years and I used to see Lil B sitting on the steps and he'd kinda wave or say hey when I'd come by. VW Dano and I were hanging out one night (Dan

I guess you're right Rita. If people would worry about themselves as much as they worry about what others are doing, the world would be a better place. I think ya'll know that I am 100% pro-man, but I

Great TR. I only have one question ... .. Once Judy started dancing, did she start talking about Donnie's toes? :rofl2:

Add me to the list of love the parades but hate pushy people. It's for that reason that I no longer wait for any of the parades. We now head back to Splash/Big Thunder and get in as many rides as we can until the nuts get their parade fix.

Great update, Stef!!

are you people that snarky that you wouldn't wait long periods of time staking out a spot and then give it to some young lad or lassy with rude parents? I personally love to stand there in the hot sun just so I can see the smiling face of a child as he is pushed past me to the front of the crowd. I know how important it was for his rude parents to get on all the rides while the getting was good and people were holding their front row spot.

I believe that we should all spend a day just standing in lines for attractions and parades only to give up our spot in line or spot along the parade route to the rudest family we could find. Maybe we could even coordinate with Lou who could call us and tell us which ones were most deserving from his experience on the bus. you know, the ones who hold up the bus while the kids walk painfully slow and whine or the stroller not folded people and special attention to the ones that complain when they are told they have to fold it up 3 or more times. Yeah that would be just a fulfilling day at the MK.

this message has not one bit of snark attached to it!

are you people that snarky that you wouldn't wait long periods of time staking out a spot and then give it to some young lad or lassy with rude parents? I personally love to stand there in the hot sun just so I can see the smiling face of a child as he is pushed past me to the front of the crowd. I know how important it was for his rude parents to get on all the rides while the getting was good and people were holding their front row spot.

I believe that we should all spend a day just standing in lines for attractions and parades only to give up our spot in line or spot along the parade route to the rudest family we could find. Maybe we could even coordinate with Lou who could call us and tell us which ones were most deserving from his experience on the bus. you know, the ones who hold up the bus while the kids walk painfully slow and whine or the stroller not folded people and special attention to the ones that complain when they are told they have to fold it up 3 or more times. Yeah that would be just a fulfilling day at the MK.

Can someone PLEASE call Just Bob's house and have his med checked and all alcohol removed from the premises.

Dude you are NUTZ!

No Comment on this one? I'm SO disapointed. :rofl2:

Why would I comment on a wooden man, standing erect, at the head of Main St? Silly girl ::)

3. is it my imagination or does he look a bit smug to be the one holding the coco?

Yes, he was very smug because he asked me if I wanted one, and I told him NO. He did share though.

Thanks for the updates! The Move It Shake it blah blah blah parade is known as the "Shake and Bake" parade to me. It's easier to remember. I also think it's better than the 3:00 parade, but that's just my opinion. Great updates.

Shake and Bake works for me! This is like the 3rd time I've been stuck watching this parade.

Oh, and backing up a post or two. I LOVED seeing your guys play with their RC cars. I can't get my parents to come to Disney with me because they go on vacations to places where daddy can enter RC car races, and model airplane contests. I grew up watching daddy play with his toys!!!

Oh No! So they're never gonna grow out of it? Please do not post information on campgrounds that have RC races, I may never be back at the fort! :mellow:

I hate parade people. You're right...they can get so downright rude. Just when you think you have a spot, that you've staked out for an hour, they come along when the parade begins and push their kids right in front of you. I need to start bringing a taser to parades. You step in front of me, I'll tase you, bro.

Wow Dave, you bad!! Next you'll be wanting to pop a cap in someones ass! I got your back homie! :nyd:

It may surprise y'all, but I also am not very patient and do not appreciate pushing, shoving jerks.

Reeeeaaaalllly Rita? I'd have to see it to believe it. >:D

Add me to the list of love the parades but hate pushy people. It's for that reason that I no longer wait for any of the parades. We now head back to Splash/Big Thunder and get in as many rides as we can until the nuts get their parade fix.

Great update, Stef!!

You know all I read was blah, blah, blah, nuts. :rofl2:

FortDecember2011137.jpg

No Comment on this one? I'm SO disapointed. :rofl2:

WTFort! Someone took his Red Solo Cups!

I hate parade people. You're right...they can get so downright rude. Just when you think you have a spot, that you've staked out for an hour, they come along when the parade begins and push their kids right in front of you. I need to start bringing a taser to parades. You step in front of me, I'll tase you, bro.

One good OHHHHHH-HANA should be better than a Taser ... fart.jpg?w=270&h=279

Go Bob go.

You all know that what he's saying is true.

Geez Stef it was only 36 degrees what are you complaining about. You need to come up north and thicken tha blood up a little.

I can't believe you found a fellow Masshole down there. Everytime we go I swear everyone is from NJ.

Guitar hero is fun but I suck at it too.

Cosmic Rays is one of the better places to eat. The steak & cheese w/ hot peppers is gooood.

Waiting for parades sucks. Great pics though.

Great TR so far!!

Ok, to whoever posted this, where's Rita and how much is the ransom?

I'm sorry if I disillusioned you Lou! Edward and Mama actually bought me Rock Band for Christmas last year because I loved Guitar Hero so much! You can not be stressed and play this game! I also have to say that I am very competitive and like Stef, it booted me off before the song finished the first time I played on EASY. After that I had to prove that I could beat it!

I didn't realize it was the Metallica part that was surprising to y'all! I know it may be shocking, but I am a hard rock kinda girl! I really am very eclectic when it comes to music, y'all would be really shocked at some of the rap/hip hop songs I like! :rofl3: I love music!

I have a confession to make

Country music is my least favorite and I had never heard that red solo cup song until it was posted on here. I do have some country favorites, but they would be really boring to play on GH or RB!

Boy, you sure hit the nail on the head! That seems to be the mentality among people nowadays.

You do know you kind of sounded like cupcake, right? Take out all the punctuation and the proper spelling of words, and I would swear it was him! :))

I can't believe you found a fellow Masshole down there. Everytime we go I swear everyone is from NJ.

Masshole?!! :rofl2:

Bob is like a wise old grandfather. He speaks the truth in an oh so gentle way. Then smacks you upside the head for making him have to explain it.

Bob...Steve just called you old! :wheelchair:

By the way, I am a Rock Band and Guitar Hero Rock Star! I kick serious a**, just sayin! My favorite is Metallica! I play lead guitar or drums!

You go girl!! I guess I'm going to have to buy that damned game and bring it on our next visit together. What we will call our band?

Great report Stef! I do declare that one never can outgrow remote control cars!!! We take them camping with us too! ;D

:popcorn: I have my popcorn and I'm ready for more.

"I do declare" :))

I swear I just pictured you dressed as Scarlett O'Hara sitting at your computer, responding to me about RC cars!

I'm working on more now. Had to go to the dreaded WalMart this morning! Thanks for hanging in here.

Hey S70-

I am finally caught up, so let it rip!

The TCD girls have RC cars.

Well, actually we have an RC Mater from Cars, and we also have a RC Skunk.

I will have to remember to bring those on our next trip.

We used to bring the skunk down to Trail's End and have it roll up and down the walkway when folks are waiting for the Hoop Dee Doo.

TCD

Hey S70-

I am finally caught up, so let it rip!

TCD

smiley-fart.gif Thanks TCD, I feel better now, and can continue on with my report.

I'm still sitting on the curb, cold and cranky, when the lights on Main St. dim. Finally the electrical parade is going to start!

FortDecember2011170.jpg

FortDecember2011169.jpg

FortDecember2011171.jpg

This rabbit was almost on top of me when I snapped the picture, hence the crazy shot.

FortDecember2011172.jpg

FortDecember2011174.jpg

FortDecember2011175.jpg

FortDecember2011176.jpg

FortDecember2011181.jpg

FortDecember2011182.jpg

FortDecember2011184.jpg

You can probably guess who was following these guys...and she walked right up to me! Here was my chance. I politely asked her if she had some kind of grudge against DaveinTn, and as soon as she heard the name Dave, she bolted!

FortDecember2011183.jpg

Sorry Dave, I tried!

FortDecember2011185.jpg

FortDecember2011186.jpg

Pinocchio looks like his strings had been snipped in this photo.

FortDecember2011187.jpg

FortDecember2011188.jpg

You all know how hard it is to get good night light shots without an expensive camera, steady hands, and sometimes just pure luck. My favorite part of this parade is, and always has been, the Pete's Dragon float. Check this out!

FortDecember2011190.jpg

FortDecember2011191.jpg

FortDecember2011192.jpg

I don't remember this part of the parade from the past, but it was neat none the less.

FortDecember2011194.jpg

FortDecember2011195.jpg

FortDecember2011196.jpg

At this point, I had enough! We thought catching the boat back to the Fort, having a drink, and going to bed sounded much more enticing than staying in the mass hoards of people to watch the fireworks, so that's what we did.

Tomorrow, I'm waking Nate up and we're going somewhere for some more mom/son bonding time. I just wasn't sure where we would go yet.

Hey S70- I am finally caught up, so let it rip! The TCD girls have RC cars. Well, actually we have an RC Mater from Cars, and we also have a RC Skunk. I will have to remember to bring those on our next trip. We used to bring the skunk down to Trail's End and have it roll up and down the walkway when folks are waiting for the Hoop Dee Doo. TCD

You need to do that again... only make a video of it.