WBI’s Return to the Fort!

Here it is my first Fort trip report on the FortFiends!

It’s going to be a good one, we saw quite a few things, met some Fiends, saw the ladies of the WWW, got spiked, and I even found something that everyone thought was completely gone!

Let’s get going!

Here we are getting close to the gate in the rain:

DSC06657.jpg

DSC06661.jpg

DSC06662.jpg

Ahh we’re here!

DSC06663.jpg

DSC06665.jpg

DSC06666.jpg

Here we are waiting in line at the guard gate, there was something going on with someone up there, but around 5 minutes later we finally pulled up:

DSC06668.jpg

DSC06669.jpg

DSC06670.jpg

DSC06671.jpg

DSC06673.jpg

Check out the flowers at the front gate:

DSC06675.jpg

Then we parked to go in for check-in, here’s the loaded truck, yeah we brought a lot of stuff.

DSC06676.jpg

DSC06677.jpg

Check-in was quick and we got the loop we requested, 1500!

Lucily it stopped raining while we setup, and then it only drizzled a little more when we were done.

Here’s some pictures of our site:

DSC06678.jpg

DSC06679.jpg

DSC06681.jpg

And I guess that’s all the pictures I took the first night, after we setup we headed out to meet some friends on I-Drive for dinner.

After fighting traffice and the crowds we remembered we don't like to leave Disney after we arrive, but it was still nice to visit.

We got back in time to bike up to the Settlement to watch the EWP and Wishes from the beach then we called it a night.

Coming up next, we woke up early to enjoy the Fort.

WBI

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in!

You already have me wondering what this might mean: " I even found something that everyone thought was completely gone."

You are off to a great start!

TCD

Hey TCD it's a little different for you being on the other side of thr cliff hanger!!!!!!!!! Can't wait ti find out.

I'm in as well. hope I didn't make to much of a fool of myself at your sight, oh well if I did I am sorry LOL. I got hell about the golf cart the next morning, the owner was not happy that I called him yelling that late at night

Hey TCD it's a little different for you being on the other side of thr cliff hanger!!!!!!!!! Can't wait ti find out.

True.

And if I didn't know WBI better, I would doubt that he found something new.

But, he reminds me of a slightly younger (and not as good looking) TCD, so I am very interested in hearing what it was that he found.

TCD

True.

But, he reminds me of a slightly younger (and not as good looking) TCD, so I am very interested in hearing what it was that he found.

TCD

Now that's funny :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

I'm in!

Great! Thanks for following along!

I'm in!

You already have me wondering what this might mean: " I even found something that everyone thought was completely gone."

You are off to a great start!

TCD

Awesome and thank you!

That was my goal to get everyone interested but I've got a few other cool things to post before I get to that point in the story.

Yay!!!

Ready to read more.

Nice set up!!! Sometimes I miss our tent-camping days.

Thanks, it worked out pretty good even if it was a lot of stuff to pack up!

I'm all in too! Can't wait to hear all about it! Great first round of photos! Especially CP being silly in the car! :)

Thank you!

It was great meeting all you Wild Women in person! Thank ya'll for stopping by, I didn't get any pictures so I'll just divert everyone to your Report when I get there!

I have to take the blame for not swinging by your site, we stayed pretty busy the rest of the weekend. But i'm glad ya'll stopped by so I could partake in some of the laughing with ya'll, my face hurt from smiling and laughing with ya'll, lol.

:popcorn:

Impatiently waiting for more ...

Thanks more is coming shortly.

I'm in!!!!

Great!

Excited about another WBI report!!!

Let me get my shades to protect my eyes from all the good-lookiness.

8)

Much better....carry on.

Thanks Stef!

But I'm not so sure about all the good-lookiness.

Great start!! Can't wait to read more!!

Thank you I've got more coming up!

Looking forward to hearing more!

Thanks its on the way.

I think you've piqued everyone's intestest nicely. :)

Thanks I was trying too!

WBI

I'm in too! :popcorn:

haha yeah that's a good point TCD is usually the one posting the cliff hangers!

I'm not that good at it but I'm trying!

Great start.

Thanks!

I'm in as well. hope I didn't make to much of a fool of myself at your sight, oh well if I did I am sorry LOL. I got hell about the golf cart the next morning, the owner was not happy that I called him yelling that late at night

Thanks Lorna!

You didn't make a fool of yourself don't worry! But the shoe story was pretty funny to hear in person! lol

I bet you did catch hell about the cart call! haha Did you ever get your lights to work?

Like I said before thank ya'll for stopping by!!!!

I'm in too.. going to be interesting to get WBI's view on WWW. :)

I'll do my best but from what I've seen on the WWW report, it was exactly as how they say it was!

Lots and lots of laughing!

True.

TCD

Thanks TCD. (no comment on the good looking comment)

What I found is pretty cool and everyone thought it was completely gone.

Now that's funny :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

haha

Saturday we were up with the sun, only the sun stayed behind the clouds. I took CP to TCD’s favorite place where we ran into these deer:

DSC06682.jpg

DSC06683.jpg

DSC06686.jpg

DSC06687.jpg

DSC06688.jpg

We visited this spot quite a few times over the weekend.

I like these shots:

DSC06689.jpg

DSC06690.jpg

DSC06691.jpg

DSC06692.jpg

Here we are looking to the back corner of the lake where the old swamp trail went:

DSC06693.jpg

And here are the deer again; I think I got enough pictures of them:

DSC06694.jpg

Just an fyi the pump is back and it’s running full time: DSC06695.jpg

The canal levels were real low at the Fort, they even changed the canoe routes because of it, but I’ll get to that later.

DSC06696.jpg

DSC06697.jpg

DSC06698.jpg

Next we headed over to the Trading Post:

DSC06699.jpg

I took this one while riding:

DSC06700.jpg

DSC06702.jpg

Here’s the back side of Feisty’s site with her not in it L

DSC06703.jpg

By the way I’ve never met her and I really wanted to this trip, but I’ll have to wait until next time.

DSC06704.jpg

As we got to the Settlement it was time for my first adventure of this trip. You may not believe me but I’m a bit of a climber.

I grew up in the piney woods of South Louisiana, hunting, fishing, camping, and playing in the woods. One thing we used to do a lot was climb trees, and not to brag but I was pretty good at it.

Can you guess what I did next at Pioneer Hall?

Well I’ll tell you in my next post.

WBI

It was great meeting all you Wild Women in person! Thank ya'll for stopping by, I didn't get any pictures so I'll just divert everyone to your Report when I get there!

I have to take the blame for not swinging by your site, we stayed pretty busy the rest of the weekend. But i'm glad ya'll stopped by so I could partake in some of the laughing with ya'll, my face hurt from smiling and laughing with ya'll, lol.

WBI

It was wonderful meeting you and and the camping princess as well! I hope we weren't too much of a shock! ;D

Seriously, it was a pleasure. Ya'll are genuinely two of the nicest people I've ever met. (and the cute-o-meter was pegged out too) LOL. Hopefully we'll see you again sometime.

Now... I am ready for more WBI reporting...

Well done, WBI!

Nice work heading to the old Marshmallow Marsh campfire area for those photos across the lake.

And, I agree, you did take enough deer photos.

Do you know that bikes are not allowed on the pedestrian trail that CP is on?

Rule breakers!

I am sorry you did not get to meet Fiesty. She's from Lousiana, you know. I'm sure y'all would hit it off.

So, you left us with you being near Pioneer Hall and the suggestion that you like to climb things.

I have no idea where this might be going. ;)

TCD

Good job on the picture while bike riding!

Taking even one hand off the handlebars is suicide for me, and so is sand, and pavement, and trees, and pedestrians....I'm just not real coordinated while bike riding.

I'm anxious to hear more about your climbing skills! Just don't call them shimmying skills, I've heard that's Dave's specialty. :)