• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hay, what's going on here? Kim tried and failed at trying to make this a non-TR just to entice me into reading it, but I wasn't fooled for a minute and so I didn't read it. Field of Dreams, if you bu

Ya, cut it out Dave. But, there are quite a few real super heroes on here and most of us know who they are.

Puttin' a little gravel in our travel.... Just in case you were wondering if driving across the hayfield is allowed. Here is Hayseed H in front of his Hay field Palace. Bella Vista.... :rofl2:

Very nice!!!! Looks like fun family time!!!

Thank you Carol! It is nice. :)

No more rolls in the hay? ;)

MPR Ed. You know that. ;D

I know you made some good memories in the hay field, but that new campsite looks great! Having shade in south GA in July is priceless. Glad he got moved. Although I'm sure H will miss that awesome laundry room in the hayfield.

Thanks Dave. YOu're right. It was a good move. He's by the river. He has shade. He's only 2 miles from work AND it's cheaper. This move was a no brainer.

:rofl2: at the laundry room. There is a coin operated one at a CG just down the road from where he is if he gets desperate and the laundry can't wait til he comes home. It's indoors too!!! And there are no signs telling him to take the nasty stuff to town. ;D

Hay Ya'll Update!!!

Yes. Yes it is.

Great, looks like a nice place if you have to be away from home. I guess this will make it easier to drive that boring road, get the fishing poles out and lets see some action!

Wow, that's quite a step up from the hayfield. It looks really nice, especially the swing by the river.

I am SO digging Little H's Spidey costume!!

About 10 years ago, Trevor's mom called one night. This is what I heard from the other side of the room:

"Happy Anniversary???"

(Now a glance in my direction with a look of pure terror on his face)

"Oh S**T!!"

(A second glance in my direction eased his fears because I was equally confused)

Yep, we both forgot! Glad that MIL remembered or it would have passed on by without notice. :)

You're the closest to one we have.

Aww, crap. Did I just say something nice?

yup, I think you did, yup you did, go wash your fingers with lye soap and be more careful next time!

Love the new digs. Hope you make some awesome memories down by the riverside!

Thanks DB. "gonna lay down my burdens... down by the riverside... down by the riverside..." lol

Great, looks like a nice place if you have to be away from home. I guess this will make it easier to drive that boring road, get the fishing poles out and lets see some action!

It is a much nicer spot and yes, the road is long and boring.

Fishing would be a great idea!

Great update. I love the new site and as usual love the pictures of the boys.

Thanks Yvonne.

Wow, that's quite a step up from the hayfield. It looks really nice, especially the swing by the river.

I am SO digging Little H's Spidey costume!!

About 10 years ago, Trevor's mom called one night. This is what I heard from the other side of the room:

"Happy Anniversary???"

(Now a glance in my direction with a look of pure terror on his face)

"Oh S**T!!"

(A second glance in my direction eased his fears because I was equally confused)

Yep, we both forgot! Glad that MIL remembered or it would have passed on by without notice. :)

Thanks Stef. Having shade is a wonderful thing. Having a river with a swing beside it is even better.

Lil H is all about the superheroes right now. Darn, I just hate having to watch all those superhero movies. :rolleyes: ;D

H had that same look on his face when I remembered the anniversary. LOL!

Sometimes we all get the urge to be a super hero.

Yes we do. Hmmmm .... Wonder Woman or The Black Widow (Avengers)? Decisions, Decisions...

The new place is gorgeous! I always enjoy seeing your pictures, your family just brings a smile to my face! :heart:

Awww thank you Rita. How sweet!

Looks like an awesome new place! The swing by the river would be a great place to drink morning coffee, read a book, have an evening beverage, etc.

Hopefully the skeeters won't gnaw us down to the bone. lol Just kiddin'. Sort of.

Aww, crap. Did I just say something nice?

Stop that! YOu may start a trend. We can't have that sort of thing around here!

Hay, KFK-

I am very behind on my FF.net reading, but I am caught up on the status of the KFK gang.

I love how Lil' H is wearing a Spidey costume. Why not?

And that BLT sandwich looks good!

I know you miss the hayfield, but this new place down by the river looks pretty nice.

TCD

Why not indeed? I like when he wears his costumes in public. The older generation seems to get a kick out of it as well. My dad says kids used to do that sort of thing all the time when he was a youngun.

The BLT was delish. I am not sure I actually do miss the hayfield. I will miss the kite flying, but, the prospect of a canoe is better than a kite anyway.

Ya, cut it out Dave.

But, there are quite a few real super heroes on here and most of us know who they are.

:superhero: We watched Underdog today. Does that count?

This not a TR wouldn't be right without a dirt road off the main road. So here ya go.

The dirt road off a main road that leads to the other hay field that H almost moved to before landing the riverside spot.

101_2507.jpg

This is the "Hay Y'all" thread so it wouldn't be right not to include some hay, now would it? ;D

101_2508.jpg

101_2509.jpg

Here's a shot of the hay field that almost was. H would have been at the very back.

101_2512.jpg

You can't tell so much in this photo but this was one poor example of how to treat our flag.

Talk about faded AND tattered glory.

101_2513.jpg

Much better.

101_2517.jpg

Coming back down the dirt road to the main road.

101_2524.jpg

Since this was our anniversary we decided to have lunch in Vidalia. We passed this landmark on our way.

101_2533.jpg

There is even a gift shop. Who woulda thunk it? We wanted to go inside but they're closed on Sunday and guess what day it was... yep. Sunday.

101_2534.jpg

101_2535.jpg

Here's what was playing at the Sweet Onion Cinema..

101_2536.jpg

Last time in Vidalia we enjoyed a pretty good meal at Ruby Tuesdays and since the kids like it as well.... that's where we went.

Bad decision. Waited too long to be seated when we were the only ones waiting to be seated. Treated rudely by server and waited far too long on food. We will not go back. For the first time that I can remember there was no tip. And no guilt about it either. Boooo!!!!

We decided to sweeten the mood with shakes and hot fudge sundaes from McD's. Good decision. Cheap and tasty. Enough about that.

101_2541.jpg

101_2542.jpg

101_2543.jpg

101_2544.jpg

It's not every day you can boast about seeing a sign like this...

101_2538.jpg

Being as we have a little cubscout this was a point of interest for us..

101_2540.jpg

There was a playground next to the cubscout hut but it was in the direct sun. Moving on....

We found a very nice Family park and believe me when I say It WAS HUGE! I'll save those photos and the rest for the next installment. Until then.......

Kim, that is quite a coincidence, we also had a horrible Ruby Tuesday's experience this past weekend too. Glad the ice cream made things better! It usually does! :)

LOL love the Wanted sign!

Wow. That IS a conincidence. We've written off the one in Vidalia now, hopefully the one close to home will continue to give good service. Ice Cream can fix nearly anything. If duct tape cant do it... ice cream can. ;D

SEE! I told you there were rolls in the hay involved! :rofl2:

:rollyeyes: :rofl2: Good one Ed.

Love the update!!! We used to eat at Ruby Tuesday all the time, one it was close to Rick's shop. However, since he retired we don't eat there as much, BUT the other reason we don't eat there anymore is they went all fancy on us. Prices went up. Not good for lunch anymore.