YC's Pre-Trip Report--Efforts of a Novice

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I was sitting on my deck drinking out of my favorite Mickey mug I had picked up at the World several years back, I was thinking about all the things I had done to prepare for this next 700 mile t

Once again, we are all enriched by sharing with other and enjoying being Fiends!!!!!

We're happy you're here Eric. The online thing is just a part of FF.Net. It goes way beyond virtual bantar. There are real people that you can meet, get to know, and in a lot of cases, become friends

Well after the break in, we went exploring the Fort on our bicycles and here are some of my favorite shots of the grounds.

DSCN0807.jpg

DSCN0806.jpg

DSCN0805.jpg

DSCN0808.jpg

After exploring The Meadows we headed up past the 1400 loop to check in on GADAWGFAN and then to 400 to check in on Partially confused Marilyn, and then on to 300 to check in on Itch. They were all gone or checked out, what a bummer, never got to meet Itch but enjoyed meeting PCM and GDF earlier in the trip.

We headed down the path along the canal behind the 300 loop the sign did not say No Bikes only No Carts. We saw 2 guys fishing on the "dam" to the canal and then we ran into this guy.

DSCN0810.jpg

DSCN0809.jpg

I am not as fat as my shadow makes me look in this picture!!!

IRCC, I believe this was very close to TCD's favorite picture spot.

We left there and ran into a yellow shirted, bike riding, security guard just as we were coming off the path by The Settlement and can you believe the sign right there says NO Bikes! The guard didn't say a word but ironically we were right beside it when we passed him.

We then went on around by the MBYBBQ area and then over to the stables

DSCN0816.jpg

We took the paved path over past the service road to the 2000 loop and then back across the road to pick up the nature path along Bay Lake towards the Wilderness Lodge.

This is when I knew someone had way too much Kungaloosh and I ran into Beverly a Wilderness Lodge Cast Member.

She gave me the third degree for the pictures I was taking...

More tomorrow and the couple of pictures I snapped before Beverly showed up.

I hope this post isn’t Taboo, but I have to get this off my chest.

Well after talking with Lou over our last trip he asked me if I had been banned from Voldemort and I honestly didn't know because I began posting here and hadn’t checked there. Many of you have read about my Thanksgiving experience at the Fort where we received a spike from TCD. I posted about it over there before our Easter trip because I didn’t know where it had come from. Well I checked in last night and this is what I got.

Banned.jpg

I find it laughable that I was banned for innocently looking for answers. I also find it ironic that this is the group of people who banned the Fiends because they were supposedly being exclusive or snarky. It is funny they are now being exclusive and ugly! Not one single one of them in the 5 years I was on the boards ever PM’d me or contacted me at the Fort. Groups like that will die out.

On the other hand because of the 1 post I made to the Fiends after seeing the signs at the Fort, I was sought out and presented with a token of friendship and invited into the group. That type of group grows and endures!

I just want to say to the Fiends I am glad I found you all again. I wish I had been more aware of what had happened during the split (I went off line for a while at that time) because I would have left a long time ago. It has been a blast getting to read TCD’s, DaveInTn, Mouseketab, BradyBz, MagicBus, AuburnJen, Lornaduck, Stacktester, and so many other’s posts I had grown accustomed to reading. I have gotten to meet a few Fiends… Magic Bus Lou, Stacktester, Partially Confused Marilyn and family, GADawgFan and so many more of you have been kind enough to post to this lame TR and send wishes for my son’s arm to heal.

I am looking forward to many years of happy posting!

YC

Time for the rest of the story so I can give Beverly a little love...

As we neared the WL on the nature path we found this interesting sight...

DSCN0821-1.jpg

DSCN0820-1.jpg

Now these pictures don't do cart 609 much justice it was pretty scratched up and dirty and although it doesn't appear far off the path it really is. If you look through the trees you will see the WL buildings. I wanted better pictures and as I was about to dismount my bike and go in for a closer look Beverly showed up and started asking me, in a very rude tone is that your cart? What is it doing there? I can't beleive this cart is here..

Almost didn't take a breath she didn't and then she demanded again is that your cart?

I replied no, I wouldn't be standing here stradling my bike if it was! She wanted to know why I was taking pictures. I said because I found it funny that some rich kid probably got drunk, hijacked this cart last night, and dumped it here. I said I couldn't believe she was just now finding it probably been here all night. I jumped on my bike and rode a way leaving her with her hands on hips and mouth frozen wide open. I wanted to leave before she could say anything else to me.

Why would Beverly be giving you the third degree for taking pictures? Not cool!

And I love your pictures of the grounds...so much green! I am still looking out my back window at naked trees :laugh: .

I loved those pictures around The Meadows it was a beautiful day!

Sorry we missed you. Hope to meet some day. Pictures are great. :bravo:

Marilyn, we did meet. My wife and I stopped by and met you and Gary and your granddaughter one night after swimming at the pool. You shared some Rattle and Hum with us, which we still need to PM you to get that recipe. You guys were gone by the time we came back around on this ride.

Sounds like Beverly needs some of that kungaloosh.

Beverly needed a pitcher of kungaloosh or a serious boyfriend one...

Once again, we are all enriched by sharing with other and enjoying being Fiends!!!!!

Well said Carol!

YC-

You did a great job on this report!

I am sorry that you got treated the way you did by that other board, but that idiotic garbage is what led to most of us being here. It is sad, but there isn't anything we can do about it. So no looking back. You are one of us now.

Great job on the lost golf cart photos.

I only wish you got a photo of Beverly yelling at you. Rookie mistake.

I am looking forward to your next trip, and your next trip report.

TCD

That crap you brought from another site was one of the best things they had going in dunceville. Hi webmaster Kathy :wave1: :wave1: :wave1: :wave1: :wave1: :wave1: :wave1: :wave1: Glad you still like coming over and seeing all the good stuff you frickin CGW.

We're happy you're here Eric.

The online thing is just a part of FF.Net. It goes way beyond virtual bantar.

There are real people that you can meet, get to know, and in a lot of cases, become friends with.

Glad you are not still reading! FrIEND. Thanks for the links to the robotics!

You're stuck with us all now, Eric. Glad you found us and we're glad you're here!!

Glad to be here and wish i found my way sooner! Thanks!

Couple things:

1. We are glad you finally found us and migrated over here. Voldy's loss; our gain.

2. That cart pic is hilarous!! The adventures of cart 609...wouldn't you just love to know the fun that cart had the night before?

1. Thanks Dave missed your posts from the past. I am halfway done with your Thanksgiving post, look for a reply this weekend.

2. I wish I had more time to really look at it. I wondered if the keys were still in there.

Great story and updates along the way. Thank you for sharing with all of us. Of course that sharing comes with good karma, and new FrIENDS. The golf cart thing is hilarious. Atleast it wasn't parked in a pond, lake, stream. :rofl2:

Thanks for reading and helping me find my way to port! You said I would probably get banned too and you were right.

Not an Elvis moment for me--I am not all shook up-- for sure!

Sorry I forgot--it must have been the alcohol. Ha!Ha! I remember that visit. Really enjoyed talking with both of you. Hope the bicycle ride back was ok. :wine:

The ride home was a blast, glad we were on bikes and not in a cart though, we might have ended up like cart 609!

YC-

You did a great job on this report!

I am sorry that you got treated the way you did by that other board, but that idiotic garbage is what led to most of us being here. It is sad, but there isn't anything we can do about it. So no looking back. You are one of us now.

Great job on the lost golf cart photos.

I only wish you got a photo of Beverly yelling at you. Rookie mistake.

I am looking forward to your next trip, and your next trip report.

TCD

ThanksTCD! No looking back. Wouldn't have checked if Lou hadn't asked anyway.

At least as a rookie I am showing promise and it means I am PART OF THE TEAM! I need some of Yuri's moxie and I will get the Beverly's on camera next time.

Next trip June 1-12, maybe longer working on it...

I am also reading your SBTR it is a hoot.

That crap you brought from another site was one of the best things they had going in dunceville. Hi webmaster Kathy :wave1: :wave1: :wave1: :wave1: :wave1: :wave1: :wave1: :wave1: Glad you still like coming over and seeing all the good stuff you frickin CGW.

Tell us how you really feel ;)..

It was great to meet you Stacktester thanks for stopping by, hope to see you again in June.

Donnie, you smooth talker, you.

Lou, did you teach him how to use that Silver Tongue?

Good Morning Fiends!

I realized I forgot the mug of the day yesterday. I only have two more so I will send us off on Monday morning with my last mug and bring this report to a close.

I have been looking at a bunch of pictures so I will post some of the more interesting ones this weekend.

But for now enjoy your morning cup!

IMG_20120414_073740.jpg