YC's Pre-Trip Report--Efforts of a Novice

The votes are all in and it was a tie between YC and Mrs. YC, followed DS2 and finally DS1. Thanks for voting.

Time to share some more photo journalism. Most of our story was told live, but I am sharing a few more pictures of our trip. We are one month away from our next trip.

We went to MK on Tuesday of the week.

Here are some more of our morning shots. I have tried not to repeat any pictures.

DSCN0630.jpg

DSCN0635.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

DSCN0637.jpg

Don't you just love the Fort in the morning?

Now our day at the park

IMG_0075.jpg

DSCN0642.jpg

DSCN0643.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

DSCN0653.jpg

DSCN0664.jpg

PICT7720.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

PICT7726.jpg

DSCN0683.jpg

DSCN0684.jpg

My wife thought she would be funny and put bunny ears over my head, to bad she didn't think about Mickey Ears!

We took the train to Main Street and then got our first SOTMK cards.

IMG_0124.jpg

Looks like Pinocchio is a fan of the game as well.

DSCN0674.jpg

Then we had to have some Dole Whip but first the boys meet Mr. and Mrs. Mayor of Main Street

IMG_0113.jpg

DSCN0670.jpg

We decided to head back to The Fort and saw the Avengers Monorail on the way to the boat.

DSCN0681.jpg

PICT7727.jpg

DSCN0690.jpg

We enjoyed the rest of the evening at the Fort swimming in the pool and riding around on our bikes.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I was sitting on my deck drinking out of my favorite Mickey mug I had picked up at the World several years back, I was thinking about all the things I had done to prepare for this next 700 mile t

Once again, we are all enriched by sharing with other and enjoying being Fiends!!!!!

We're happy you're here Eric. The online thing is just a part of FF.Net. It goes way beyond virtual bantar. There are real people that you can meet, get to know, and in a lot of cases, become friends

MLM5 (aka Judy)....Do you really expect to learn from the fiends on this site how NORMAL people prepare for their trips. I do not know of any normal people on this site.......in fact, in our life, we do NOT know what normal is. But I am sure you will get some really interesting replies. :rofl2:

I know that I'm too late to vote, but I liked 1 and 4. I gave 1 the slight advantage because I like the solid color on the ear.

Your pic of the monorail over the lake at Epcot is one that I never get tired of. All the flowers are colorful and beautiful. Like an artist's (or technical designers) palette.

Great picture of you & your son on the teacups. He has such an evil grin like "I hope Dad hurls!" :))

Dad never hurls on the teacups! My wife might but not me. We love the Teacups and have to ride several times a trip. Kind of like NASCAR you just go round and round and hope you don't crash hurl.

I know that I'm too late to vote, but I liked 1 and 4. I gave 1 the slight advantage because I like the solid color on the ear.

Your pic of the monorail over the lake at Epcot is one that I never get tired of. All the flowers are colorful and beautiful. Like an artist's (or technical designers) palette.

Okay that makes my wife the winner, even though it is a late vote she will not let it go. She got more unofficial votes, big deal.

We love those pictures of the monorail and flowers reflecting in the pond. It was quiet right there where we took the pictures and enjoyed taking in the day.

That whole last batch of photos was great.

From the early morning at the Fort shots to the Dole Whip Float shots.

Good job!

TCD

p.s. I even liked the bunny ears on Splash.

Yes my wife is the comedian. Thanks for the complement on the pics. I hope you get to make an appearance in June while we are there.

Love all the pictures. Now I am craving a funnel cake! :drool1:

Thanks Cherie, they may need some glitter. Funny I am craving some funnel cake now too.

Just got caught up with this one. Great TR! Mmm.....funnel cakes. :drool1: Mmm......dole whip floats. :drool1: Can't wait for your next TR!

Thanks AC. Welcome to the boards again. I have been enjoying reading your posts.

I am still learning how to Trip Report as this one has been sloppy and too long. It will end soon or I will be on the next trip before I finish this one.

We've never done a Disney water park. Probably because we usually go when the weather is cooler. I love water parks though, so we'll have to get there at some point.

I hate water parks... except Disney ones. Typhoon Lagoon is awesome. You definitely have to check it out.

Love the snorkeling shot, except for that strange guy standing in the background. You should have asked him to move?

As many times as I've been to TL and BB, I've never been inside.

It's unlike the rest of the parks. Very laid back. When you first walk in it kind of makes you stop for a minute and think, "Wait. Where am I?"

Typhoon Lagoon is my favorite water park! Great pictures!

Thanks Doodle. We really loved this day. It was fun and relaxing at the same time.

Hang on a second, is there such thing as a trip report that is too long? I vote no. Love the pictures, looks like fun.

Well if there wasn't there is now...I will be taking votes on how to do the TR for our upcoming trips tomorrow. Only 19 days till we go back.

We've never done a Disney water park. Probably because we usually go when the weather is cooler. I love water parks though, so we'll have to get there at some point.

Make the time to go. We are going to Blizzard Beach this time, but I can't imagine it being a better place to relax than TL.

Loving seeing the pictures from the water park,I haven't been to one since River Country. Thanks for sharing!

I unfortunately never made it to RC, but it would have been right up our Alley. We have a park called Nashville Shores that in some areas reminds me of the pictures I see from RC.

I hate water parks... except Disney ones. Typhoon Lagoon is awesome. You definitely have to check it out.

If you just want to sit in the shade, or sun, on a sandy beach and listen to the waves it awesome for that. Not to mention all the cool slides.

I am also a fan of Typhoon Lagoon. Thanks for sharing!

Glad to hear it. It is a great way to slow down on trip to the World. You can go as fast or slow as you want.

It's unlike the rest of the parks. Very laid back. When you first walk in it kind of makes you stop for a minute and think, "Wait. Where am I?"

You are right they do such a great job of making it feel like a tropical island.

ON Thursday we went back to Epcot, nothing much more to show from there that hasn't already been covered so we will skip to Friday where we went to AK. Here are a few of my favorite shots that weren't posted "live" earlier in the trip.

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

DSCN0797.jpg

We went back to the Fort after this day and had a great bike ride and enjoyed the Fort.

The last full day of our trips always end at the MK. Here are some shots from the last day there.

We hopped over to get our picture taken with Mr. and Mrs. Easter bunny. The lighting was terrible but this is a picture we love to take at Easter.

PICT7739.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

PICT7755.jpg

RIP Snow White and RIP Mr. Toads Wild Ride you are missed...

DSCN0877.jpg

Thank Goodness they saved Dumbo...

PICT7745.jpg

We spent our day walking around and playing some SOTMK

DSCN0842.jpg

DSCN0829.jpg

DSCN0828.jpg

PICT7741.jpg

Of course we had to snack...

DSCN0860.jpg

Night time on the Carousel, how romantic

IMG_0373-1.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

DSCN0875.jpg

DSCN0874.jpg

Finished the night with the Fireworks show...

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

And the wait for the sad ride back to the Fort, but we were beat and had our souls full of fun and memories.

DSCN0879.jpg

DSCN0878.jpg

Love the snorkeling shot, except for that strange guy standing in the background. You should have asked him to move?

As many times as I've been to TL and BB, I've never been inside.

BTW Lou, I am no stranger now than I have ever been. I just look different wet. The poor lady behind me almost never made it across the shark tank. She got and and got freaked out. Now that was a little strange.

You should find time to just go and relax on the sand beach. There is a good mixture of shade and sun. It would be an awesome place to sit and read a book and sip on a drink of your choice.

Another great day! Thanks for sharing!!

Glad to have the opportunity! Glad you have been reading.

Last day is so bittersweet.

Yep, we try to live it up get in as many of our favorites as possible. Keep reading you can see the bitter part.

I hate last day too, but it seems you all had a great time and their is always the next trip to start planning!

Had a blast and ready for some more very soon.