Error Message: TCD's Spring Break 2012 Trip Report!

Sorry for my brain fart! It was caveat, I just remembered the "C" name. Told you it's been a rough 24 hours in the Hendrick fan household. :banghead:

As much as I love TCD sunrise pictures, those cranes did not give me a warm fuzzy feeling. Hoping your next adventure is more fort-like.

I did enjoy your svelte silhouette shot! I think I need to give that a try once. For the first time in my life, I may look 5' tall!! :jumpforjoy

Not a problem, Stef.

I want to see that shadow that makes you look 5' tall!

Super sleuth strikes again!

Sure enough.

I'm going to keep an eye on that hotel.

And I'm going to stay there when it opens.

That way I'll know how things work when I walk over from the Fort.

Thanks for taking us to the scene of the cranes.

I found myself looking over my shoulder before peering through the tear in the fabric.

:popcorn:

I'm pretty sure I was allowed to be where I was.

And that was not a tear in the fabric. It looks like they left these openings so folks can take a look.

Corny!? What the Fort?! Davy is awesome. Ok, so I grew up watching and lovin' Davy. Who couldn't love a man who was half man, half alligator and a little tetched with snappin' turtle? ;D

Maybe I should consider using that grin on the kids... and H...

(I LOL a little when I watch that movie too)

Now. I have to say that KFK is pro-booing of the cranes. Boooo! Boooo! Cranes at Sunrise would be better with bird cranes NOT FW view busting cranes.

Yes, Davy is awesome. What a great, simple, show this is. As far as I can tell, this movie was made by editing together the TV shows. It is an odd movie. Davy gets into a situation, and then 20 minutes later, it is resolved, and we are on to the next situation. Not a whole lot of plot to the story. Just Davy solving problems.

Yes, boo to the cranes!

TCD

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the trip report that almost didn't happen. The TCD gang finally hit the Fort for a stay from March 24th through the 27th. Everything was going great until the morning of the 27th when TCD Twin

Since I have some momentum going here, and a bit of time, you are going to get another update. Right now. How's that for everyone? On other boards, you have to wait for days for an update. But not her

You must have rushed if you were only at Tea for three hours. We spent 7 hours, not to shabby one hour hour per lady fiend!!

You are correct, I don't read TRs.

First to Lou -

1. If you don't read TRs.... How do you know what I said about you? :rofl3:

Now just my random catching up comments -

2. Anti Crane/Double Crane but at least it will give TCD something to add to the TR for some time.

3. Love the pic of Twin #1 with the sunglasses and sucker. It made her look about 10 years old playing grown up.

4. the tent may be old but I think the Airstream is pretty new (they changed the type of aluminum and the shape of the Airstream sometime around 2000)

5. Love the "extra" photos to prove you could.... sometimes, as a parent, that is the fun part.

6. Did your nephew help you with the drawing? :rofl2: (couldn't resist)

7. gotta go eat dinner...

Is that rule written in any of the documents that you have scanned, Monique?

Because I have been noticing this tent thing for a while now, not just during spring break.

I need to do some digging and see where I saw that in writing last.

And you're right, it seems to be the one rule that they've decided they're not going to even make an attempt to enforce.

I don't understand why. People that put 3 or 4 decent-sized tents on a site aren't camping with 4 or 5 people.

And if nothing else I'd expect Disney to crack down on the "10 people per site" rule to at least force people to pay for more than one site.

As for tents being way off their sites - we see this a lot on the 300 canal dog walk too.

Um people.... it's a dog walk. I know it's pretty and grassy and all, but do you really want to be setting up your tent on a giant dog potty??

Marty-

I have thought about writing a suggested walking tour of the Fort.

One of these days I'm going to do it.

That's a TERRIFIC idea and I'm sure would be VERY popular!

I'm guessing the power is out at Lou's house and he's just using a laptop for light.. and then a stray cat walked by and accidentally clicked on TCD's trip report... and Lou just happened to walk past right when you'd posted ...and he read ONLY your post... purely by accident.

At least I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

I'm guessing the power is out at Lou's house and he's just using a laptop for light.. and then a stray cat walked by and accidentally clicked on TCD's trip report... and Lou just happened to walk past right when you'd posted ...and he read ONLY your post... purely by accident.

At least I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

Pretty close, except I don't have a laptop, I have a UNIVAC 1108.

LOL!

:

IMG_3819.jpg

TCD

Well I can't comment on any of the Davy Crockett grins as I haven't seen the movie but this is the second time this picture has shown up in a TCD trip report. It really is demanding that we see a 'real' picture of TCD with his 'stache.

I just need to make a few comments on the comments, and then we will be moving right along with Sunday morning.

I will be working on that update this morning.

You won't want to miss it.

I saw something that I have heard was at the Fort, but I have never personally seen one or even a photo of one.

But now I have.

Here we go:

How did I miss this?

I've been looking for it to start....

Better late than never.. I've got to go catchup now.

PS. I see Lou lurking at on this TR. I thought he didn't read TRs....

Glad that you foung this one.

And that's weird that it said Lou was viewing this TR- I know for a fact that he does not read TR's.

Must be one of those errors that pops up from time to time on this site.

See?

First to Lou -

1. If you don't read TRs.... How do you know what I said about you? :rofl3:

Now just my random catching up comments -

2. Anti Crane/Double Crane but at least it will give TCD something to add to the TR for some time.

3. Love the pic of Twin #1 with the sunglasses and sucker. It made her look about 10 years old playing grown up.

4. the tent may be old but I think the Airstream is pretty new (they changed the type of aluminum and the shape of the Airstream sometime around 2000)

5. Love the "extra" photos to prove you could.... sometimes, as a parent, that is the fun part.

6. Did your nephew help you with the drawing? :rofl2: (couldn't resist)

7. gotta go eat dinner...

Just two responses to that list: First, you are right, that new hotel going up will keep me busy taking photos for the foreseeable future. And second, no my nephew did not help with the drawing. If he had, it would have been much less primative.

:jumpforjoy I love your trip reports.

I have never been to FW and after reading these, I can't wait to start planning (hopefully next year)

I'm glad to have you reading along.

And, no matter how nice you think the Fort looks in photos, you really need to visit in person. I hope you get to visit in the next year!

I need to do some digging and see where I saw that in writing last.

And you're right, it seems to be the one rule that they've decided they're not going to even make an attempt to enforce.

I don't understand why. People that put 3 or 4 decent-sized tents on a site aren't camping with 4 or 5 people.

And if nothing else I'd expect Disney to crack down on the "10 people per site" rule to at least force people to pay for more than one site.

As for tents being way off their sites - we see this a lot on the 300 canal dog walk too.

Um people.... it's a dog walk. I know it's pretty and grassy and all, but do you really want to be setting up your tent on a giant dog potty??

Yes, that is a place where I occasionally will see a tent set way back from the site. And you are right, they are basically setting up in a poop field. Nice.

Pretty close, except I don't have a laptop, I have a UNIVAC 1108.

Cutting edge.

Nah, Buddy is way smarter than that. He was in the living room with a headlamp reading the Wall Street Journal.

LOL!

Well I can't comment on any of the Davy Crockett grins as I haven't seen the movie but this is the second time this picture has shown up in a TCD trip report. It really is demanding that we see a 'real' picture of TCD with his 'stache.

OK. I will see what I can do about that. It really wasn't that impressive of a 'stache.

TCD

Time to pick this back up.

It is still Sunday morning. The sun has slowly begun to rise, and I have been exploring the Fort.

When I got back from my mission to the Four Seasons construction site, the girls were still asleep, so I decided to head down to Trail's End for a cup of coffee and some quality time on a rocking chair.

It had been a bit cloudy early in the morning, but the sun was burning off the clouds and steadily rising. I love this time of day, as it is interesting to see how the light hits things and illuminates them.

For example, you can see that the sun is hitting the very top of Pioneer Hall here:

IMG_0534.jpg

I got my coffee and sat for a while.

But then I thought I ought to go back and check on River Country.

I check on it every trip.

But nothing has been going on back there for a long time.

The rumors tell us that something big is going to happen back here.

But there are no signs of it.

Still, I decided to check any way.

You can see the sun is hitting the Fort Wilderness Pavilion in this shot, and that the sprinklers are on:

IMG_0542.jpg

I headed back into the former entrance area of River Country.

I peeked through all the normal cracks in the fence.

I stopped over by the big pool so I could stick my hand through the gate and take a photo of the crumbling slides.

But when I began to stick my hand through the opening, I noticed something.

One of the locks was hanging on the fence:

IMG_0549.jpg

And the other lock was open! See? :

IMG_0548.jpg

Somebody had left the gate unlocked!

I wonder who?

Probably those castmembers over there by the pavilion:

IMG_0550.jpg

They were far enough away that they wouldn't see me if I opened the gate and took a photo.

And, there were no menacing signs like I had just seen on the Four Seasons fence.

So, I pushed the gate open.

I looked back.

Nobody was looking.

I figured I would just step in a bit for a couple of photos.

Here's those crumbling slides:

IMG_0543.jpg

And some crumbling rocks:

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

As you can see, all of this stuff was still in the shadows. I wanted to see something being hit by the sun. I could see that the sun was hitting some of the rocks over to the right of the slides:

IMG_0546.jpg

So, I walked in just a bit more.

Those mysterious blue tanks are still over there on the old beach:

IMG_0547.jpg

But, we have seen those a million times.

I decided to walk across the pool deck and see if there was anything interesting in the old Kiddie Cove area.

The Kiddie Cove area was the shallow area on the other side of the barrel bridge where they had small slides and lots of fake rocks for the kids to climb on. The water all drained out of this area long ago, and it is covered with long grass.

I saw that the sun was really illuminating a couple of the large rocks in the Kiddie Cover area, so I made my way through the grass over to those to snap a couple of photos. There was something on top of one of the rocks. I thought it was a castmember's coat or something, so I decided to take a look.

As I got closer I was shocked at what I saw. It was such an odd experience, and it happened in an instant.

When I got a good look at what was on the rock, I saw that it was not a coat at all, but a large, sleeping animal. In the instant it took my mind to process what I was looking at, I felt an insant twinge of fear, and then the biggest shot of adrenaline I have ever felt. I instinctively snapped a photo, and no sooner had I done that that the animal jumped up and ran off without making a sound. I stood there for an instant not believing what I had seen. But the photo captured it. It was a Florida panther! :

Image2931.jpg

Bragging rights to TCD for posting a photo of the rarest resident of the Fort.

And, for the record, I am never going through that gate again.

TCD

YOWSERS!!! Scary there!

Yep. I certainly wouldn't want to get too close to one of those panthers. Or a cougar. Those are even scarier, especially if they've been drinking.

Although I've got a nagging suspicion that this may be the April Fool's reference TCD was referring to, because I can't see him ever *NOT* going back in to River Country.

Of course, I could be completely wrong, and TCD will get his cousin Yuri to act as panther bait for the next round of photos.

Either way, Yikes!

I was going to ask you if you soiled your shorts but I think I'll just raise the flag on this one.

:bs:

I did like the shot with the sprinklers running though.