Error Message: TCD's Spring Break 2012 Trip Report!

going to forgo the usual list.

Love the new pictures of Fantasyland and the train station! I can't wait to see all the new stuff when we visit in Nov!

I like the way you and the girls don't wait for rides. We are the same way with character meets. If it's more than 15 minutes .. don't even ask! We have been known to wait 35-45 minutes to ride a ride. We did TSM during EMH - no way was the wait for that one gonna get better and Buzz Lightyear but it was mid-afternoon and the slow pace of the ride line was a welcome break (our first visit and I planned it commando style). This year I am taking my cue from you and the twins... nice and easy does it!

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the trip report that almost didn't happen. The TCD gang finally hit the Fort for a stay from March 24th through the 27th. Everything was going great until the morning of the 27th when TCD Twin

Since I have some momentum going here, and a bit of time, you are going to get another update. Right now. How's that for everyone? On other boards, you have to wait for days for an update. But not her

You must have rushed if you were only at Tea for three hours. We spent 7 hours, not to shabby one hour hour per lady fiend!!

Just missed you up there. By Saturday I mean the Saturday you came in.. We came home Saturday and cut the trip short by a day. Great report so far, and thanks for having Lou spike me while I was there. I just got my iPad working again it wasn't allowing me to log in. I will have to do a trip report, but it is not going to be near as exciting as this one.

Hi TCD-

Love your trip reports. Speaking of what the fort, I noticed you have a golf cart in your campsite picture along with your Expedition and camper. How in the world did you get your cart there?

We'll be at the Fort in November for the first time! Airfare is crazy so it makes sense to drive to the Fort and back to Minneapolis for us 5.

Hi TCD-

Love your trip reports. Speaking of what the fort, I noticed you have a golf cart in your campsite picture along with your Expedition and camper. How in the world did you get your cart there?

We'll be at the Fort in November for the first time! Airfare is crazy so it makes sense to drive to the Fort and back to Minneapolis for us 5.

Welcome to FF.net!!!

Welcome The G5s!

If I'm not mistaken, since you've signed on and said "howdy" here on TCD's most excellent trip report, you have earned yourself one genuine Fort Wilderness Railroad spike... delivered by none other than the man himself! Well done!

:bravo:

There should be lots of Fiends at the Fort in November - us included. :bf-birddancingsmiley:

We'll be there 11/25-12/5 in the partial sites (hopefully 1500 loop) area. Thanks for the warm welcome and sharing all the great trip reports! We are so excited to have a long break. The past trips we have take have been exhausting since we tried to pack in 4 or 5 days at parks in 5 days. The Fort sounds like a better way to do Disney at a reasonable pace.

I'll get over to the newbie section for the hazing... :rofl3:

Wow TCD....I'm away for several days and it took me an hour to catch up on your TR.

Love the waffle pics! :heart:

And WELCOME G5s!!!!! We now have multiple Fiends from MN! Glad you are onboard.

So Andrew....I'll be driving all day today and unable to check in here. Please limit your updates to 2 today, so that I don't get too far behind again. :clint:

We'll be there 11/25-12/5 in the partial sites (hopefully 1500 loop) area. Thanks for the warm welcome and sharing all the great trip reports! We are so excited to have a long break. The past trips we have take have been exhausting since we tried to pack in 4 or 5 days at parks in 5 days. The Fort sounds like a better way to do Disney at a reasonable pace.

I'll get over to the newbie section for the hazing... :rofl3:

Yeah more Thanksgiving people!! (Although I am sure Halloween is cool too) Here is the link to the group that is planning on being there at Thanksgiving. If you want post over there and I will add you guys to the list. It should be a great time to meet some Fiends.

I love hi-jacking Mr. Rock Star's TRs. What's it about anyways?

I bet a newbie introduction is on the list of TCD approved reasons for hijacking. :)

Whoa!

Y'all have made a lot of comments on this trip report.

And, per the TCD rule, I will respond before we move along.

I will have to do this in more than one post, as I can only do ten multi-quotes in one post.

BTW- if there is anyone reading along who has the power to increase the multi-quote number, that would be nice.

So, here we go:

Just call me Captain Obvious! :rofl2: yeah I probably shouldn't have typed that

OK.

If you say so.

I just figured out that you were going to get a cool three digit abbreviation: G2P

But, now I am going to call you Captain Obvious.

Late to the party, again, but just wanted to chime in and say that I'm loving the report. I hate that we missed you by just a few days!

Hey Leslie!

I'm glad to know that you're reading along.

I hate it that I missed you by a few days too.

But it between our Leap Day trip, and this one, and other stuff, it just was not in the cards this time.

But, we will meet-up one of these days.

I'm sure you have not forgotten that you owe us a trip report.

No pressure.

Still reading along. I love all the detail in Fantasyland, can't wait to see it all for myself!!

Hey, Cherie-

I'm glad you're still reading along.

And all the detail in just that little part of Fantasyland definitely makes me look forward to seeing it all when it opens. All the detail is going to keep a lot of us busy for a long time once it all opens.

Interesting tidbit about the phone charging. It's little things like that, that make Disney special. Too bad most of the CM are clueless about what the others are capable of doing.

I can't wait to see the new area. I haven't been in there in years, probably since Nate was 5-6 and wasn't into Toon Town anymore.

I'm glad you tried the waffles, even though you didn't get the nutella one. And look....

Feb2012Fort264.jpg

It's even cheaper!! :jumpforjoy

Thanks for posting the prices. I thought I took a photo, but I can't find it.

As your photo shows, the sandwiches here are a couple of bucks cheaper than what they typically charge for a sandwich at other locations around WDW.

Heck, a kids' PB&J costs more than that nutella sandwich, and the kids PB&J is one of those tiny Smuckers Uncrustables, while the nutella sandwich is on a good sized freshly made waffle.

Wow..........I don't check out FF for a bit and come on today and see your trip report already on page 8!!!!!!

I guess I have some reading to do!!!!

Heidi

Yes, Heidi, you do have some reading to do!

I hope you are doing well.

TCD,

There is a stroller/wheelchair ramp at the new train station. Instead of walking up the steps you hang a hard right and the path is sort of "V" shaped. I pushed our girls up it last Thanksgiving.

Thanks. I'm sure there has to be a ramp around there somewhere. But, I am confused about you saying you were on it last Thanksgiving. The train station was closed then, wasn't it?

Excellent updates as usual. I just have a few comments. We too owned the vhs sing-a-long's. If I ever hear 'Don't fence me in' again, it will be too soon. Every once in a blue moon one of the girls will come out with "I'm Mika, with a peeka peeka peeka boo..." Another winner. We always enjoyed the Disneyland Fun one though, even if it was in California.

Secondly, I hope whichever twin it was that remembered that little tidbit about getting your phone charged at the MK was richly rewarded. That bit of info was awesome, good for her!

And finally, I think you are being generous saying the Goofy rollercoaster is a one minute ride.

Great shots of the weathervanes, also. I have never noticed them. I'll just have to go back.

Great comments!

I am going to time the Goofy rollercoaster the next time I ride it, so I can give you the exact time. I think it is more than a minute, but maybe not.

I remember that Disneyland fun video- we used to sing the song about walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA when we were walking down Main St. in the MK.

going to forgo the usual list.

Love the new pictures of Fantasyland and the train station! I can't wait to see all the new stuff when we visit in Nov!

I like the way you and the girls don't wait for rides. We are the same way with character meets. If it's more than 15 minutes .. don't even ask! We have been known to wait 35-45 minutes to ride a ride. We did TSM during EMH - no way was the wait for that one gonna get better and Buzz Lightyear but it was mid-afternoon and the slow pace of the ride line was a welcome break (our first visit and I planned it commando style). This year I am taking my cue from you and the twins... nice and easy does it!

Good thoughts. I know some folks do not get to visit as often as we do, and find it necessary to wait on long lines. But even when it's busy, if you use Fastpass right, you can avoid a lot of line waiting. I feel bad for folks who do not know how to avoid the lines and come out of the parks frustrated about having to wait on long lines for everything.

Thank you for taking the time to do this - I have learned so much just from reading the posts that you have done on this thread. I can't wait to read your others!

Hey Nicole-

Way to go newbie. That's how you do it! Let's keep it going now. You can get that post-count up!

I love all the pics that include the unsuspecting tourists. I'm a big people watcher and your photos allow me to do it with the comfort of knowing I won't get busted for staring.

Glad you like the photos. I generally like to take photos without strangers in them, but sometimes when it is crowded, I can't avoid getting the crowds in my shots. It was a busy time when we visited on this trip, so there will be some more crowd shots for you to enjoy as we move along in this report. Feel free to stare all you like- it is kind of fascinating to look at the variety of people who visit WDW, and how they dress, and what they are doing in the photos. Plus, some day in the future, we can look back at these photos and laugh at the crazy hair-dos and clothes styles. I guess.

TCD

There are still more posts for me to respond to before we move along.

(This is where allowing more than 10 multi-quotes would be nice)

(hint)

Alright, here we go:

Thanks for the update (and a half, including the phone charger info). It was worth the wait!

What can I say, Marty?

You asked for an update, and you got 1 and a half.

Life is good!

And things look good for an update or two today.

Just missed you up there. By Saturday I mean the Saturday you came in.. We came home Saturday and cut the trip short by a day. Great report so far, and thanks for having Lou spike me while I was there. I just got my iPad working again it wasn't allowing me to log in. I will have to do a trip report, but it is not going to be near as exciting as this one.

Yes, I missed a few Fiends by just this much.

I know I will catch you one of these days. Was your brother there with his cool Blue Bird?

Fear not TCD,for you are not alone. I too have a blackberry. I hate it. On a positive note,it is purple so maybe I will draw a flamingo on it with a sharpie. And I am now inspired to make giant waffle and nutella sandwiches for breakfast. That sounds yummy.

Alright, another Blackberry hold out!

I like my Blackberry, which is why I have kept it despite everyone else moving on to better phones.

That's how I roll.

I am always the last one to jump on the technology bandwagon.

And by that time, everyone else has jumped off.

But, at least my Blackberry isn't purple.

having eaten nutella... I am pretty sure that would be very yummy!

S70 says that they are good. That's all I need to hear.

I'm going to get one one of these days.

Hi TCD-

Yes!

That is what I am talking about!

A lurker has become a full-fledged card carrying Fiend!

Welcome.

Thanks for posting.

I love the photos in your avatar and signature.

I can tell that you have a Coleman/Fleetwood pop-up there.

What model is it?

I have a Utah CP.

About the golf cart- it isn't mine. I have a friend who lets me borrow a cart from time to time.

It's good to be TCD.

Again, welcome to FF.net.

Please feel free to post all you like here and on other threads as well.

Welcome G5. Don't forget to stop by the introduction thread so you can get a proper Fort Fiend welcome. When in November? If you go to the Upcoming Trips area there is a Thanksgiving thread. Hope you enjoy the site and make some FrIENDS.

Thank you Captain Obvious!

(you didn't think I would forget, did you?)

Welcome The G5s!

If I'm not mistaken, since you've signed on and said "howdy" here on TCD's most excellent trip report, you have earned yourself one genuine Fort Wilderness Railroad spike... delivered by none other than the man himself! Well done!

:bravo:

There should be lots of Fiends at the Fort in November - us included. :bf-birddancingsmiley:

Yep.

Monique is right.

G5 is going to get spiked.

And, the offer is open to the rest of you lurkers out there to.

You see how easy it is.

And what kind of welcome you will receive.

So, what are you waiting for?

November is, indeed, a great time to visit the Fort.

It is in my top 10 list of months to visit.

This last update has gotten me very excited for the expansion to be finished!!! Everything looks great so far!

I don't know why Humphrey was on the poster at the train station but I am 100% Pro-Humphrey! "Pick the litter up... put it in the bag.... bomp bomp" ;D

100% pro-Humphrey?

I need to brush up on my Humphrey. I thought he was a bit of a troublemaker.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

And, I have no complaints about what I have seen so far in the new Fantasyland. I think they are going to have a huge hit on their hands here.

I love hi-jacking Mr. Rock Star's TRs. What's it about anyways?

You again!

Guess what?

I don't care if my trip reports get hijacked.

It makes them more fun.

That's why I'm a Rock Star.

So there.

Well I finally caught up (well at least on this TR) have yet to catch up on the others. As usual I am enjoying your pictures and am so thankful you were able to recover them. I liked your April Fool's prank.

Thanks, Yvonne.

I am glad that I recovered my photos too.

But, as I have moved along, I noticed that a few appear to be missing.

I think some of the photos I took before I found out that the earlier ones were missing got over-written on the memory card. But, it isn't many.

So, not to worry, there is still much more to come.

We aren't even near the half-way point in this trip yet- we have only made it to Sunday afternoon.

TCD

100% pro-Humphrey?

I need to brush up on my Humphrey. I thought he was a bit of a troublemaker.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

And, I have no complaints about what I have seen so far in the new Fantasyland. I think they are going to have a huge hit on their hands here.

TCD

There is nothing wrong with a little mischief making. In fact, he would make a great fiend. The bear can't help it .... he just wants the honey. ;D

Wow TCD....I'm away for several days and it took me an hour to catch up on your TR.

Love the waffle pics! :heart:

And WELCOME G5s!!!!! We now have multiple Fiends from MN! Glad you are onboard.

So Andrew....I'll be driving all day today and unable to check in here. Please limit your updates to 2 today, so that I don't get too far behind again. :clint:

Well, DIT, it's about time you showed up here.

I knew the waffle sandwiches would bring you out.

And, I'm not sure if we will make it that far today with the two update limit you have imposed, but I have some sweet Flametree BBQ photos that you will not want to miss.

I bet a newbie introduction is on the list of TCD approved reasons for hijacking. :)

Thank you, Captain Obvious (I still didn't forget).

And so we are all clear, any hijack is OK on a TCD trip report.

That just makes the reports more fun.

Rock Star!

5443691232_03747c221e_z.jpg

I love that photo!

It never gets old!

TCD