Error Message: TCD's Spring Break 2012 Trip Report!

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the trip report that almost didn't happen. The TCD gang finally hit the Fort for a stay from March 24th through the 27th. Everything was going great until the morning of the 27th when TCD Twin

Since I have some momentum going here, and a bit of time, you are going to get another update. Right now. How's that for everyone? On other boards, you have to wait for days for an update. But not her

You must have rushed if you were only at Tea for three hours. We spent 7 hours, not to shabby one hour hour per lady fiend!!

...They are already scheming about how they will get their park time in. They have learned that one of the teacher chaperones is a big Disney fan, and there has been discussion about some unauthorized adventures.

Like father, like daughters? :smug:

HalloweenFort2011124.jpg

Hi Bob!! :wave1:

I've been wondering... are there Bob-sized footprints permanently embedded in that dock?

i finally caught up on TCD report and then it ends... c'est la vie... i haven't had a chance to get online in like a week and for a computer geek like myself thats almost forever... whens the next tcd trip to the fort? or are they mysteries that he appears out of no where and then posts reports..?

How cool is that!!!! I think its important for kids to taste that kind of success early in life. It helps to align their perspective that, if you work hard, you set yourself up for nice things to happen. It's kind of the same reason I've never test driven a shiny new corvette. Once you get the taste of something good....you must have it.

Plus, maybe they will let TCD tag along on a trip to Disney. I think he's let them tag along on one or two trips. :)

I'm so happy that you were able to recover your photos. I would go into complete panic mode if I lost my pictures!

Tell the girls CONGRATS!!! "Aunt Stef" is proud of them! :))

And just for Yvonne:

HalloweenFort2011124.jpg

Thanks for another great report!!

Thank You Stef! I was beginning to think I might have to ask TCD to do one of his purple crayon drawings.

Thanks again TCD for the time you take to do these fantastic trip reports. Congratulations to your daughters. When I read about their winning second place and getting to go onto nationals I got a huge smile on my face, but I doubt it compared to the smiles that you and Mrs TCD had.

Love the photos of the canal.

I am also a fan of Fantasmic.

Wish I was adventuresome enough to rise in time for sunrise shots...

You are a fan of Fantasmic?

Let's see , , ,

That is 2 for, and I lost count of how many against.

And you don't want to get up to see the sunrise?

You may have to turn in your Fiend card.

How do you feel about the Electric Water Pageant?

Great report, Andrew!!

92.jpg Twins, way to go!!

Thanks, Cherie!

Andrew, you have got to be one proud Papa!!

Yes I am.

Despite having me around, Mrs. TCD has done a great job with all of our girls.

Like father, like daughters? :smug:

Hi Bob!! :wave1:

I've been wondering... are there Bob-sized footprints permanently embedded in that dock?

Yes. They are going to have a blast. They have made a lot of plans, and have not talked once about working on their presentation.

I am not sure about any footprints, but Bob ought to make a sign to hang on his dock.

i finally caught up on TCD report and then it ends... c'est la vie... i haven't had a chance to get online in like a week and for a computer geek like myself thats almost forever... whens the next tcd trip to the fort? or are they mysteries that he appears out of no where and then posts reports..?

Yes, TCD TR's typically appear out of nowhere.

I have to keep a low profile.

I never want the rangers to know when I am going to be there.

And then there's the groupies.

You know, Rock Star?

It comes with the territory.

How cool is that!!!! I think its important for kids to taste that kind of success early in life. It helps to align their perspective that, if you work hard, you set yourself up for nice things to happen. It's kind of the same reason I've never test driven a shiny new corvette. Once you get the taste of something good....you must have it.

Plus, maybe they will let TCD tag along on a trip to Disney. I think he's let them tag along on one or two trips. :)

I have already gently suggested that it would be cool to have me and the camper at the Fort while they are over at Coronado Springs. They didn't think that sounded very cool at all.

And, they are probably right.

TCD

Congrats to the TCD twins!

Another great TR, Andrew!

Thanks, Gwen.

Hopefully it will not be long until the next one.

Congrats to the girls! :bravo:

Thanks!

Thank You Stef! I was beginning to think I might have to ask TCD to do one of his purple crayon drawings.

Thanks again TCD for the time you take to do these fantastic trip reports. Congratulations to your daughters. When I read about their winning second place and getting to go onto nationals I got a huge smile on my face, but I doubt it compared to the smiles that you and Mrs TCD had.

Why didn't I think about one of those purple crayon drawings? I'll have to remember to do another one of those in the future.

That is awful sweet to hear that you smiled reading about the twins' going to nationals. Thanks.

TCD

TCD,

CONGRATS to the twins!!!!!!!

Guess what???? I was in HOSA back in 1984 and 1985!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a GREAT program and I learned so much!!!! My high school had a vo-tech program with various classes, HOSA being one of them. You had to apply to be in the program and be accepted. The class took up two periods and was taught by two former nurses. I havent thought about that class/group for years!! It was like a blast from the past to read that the twins are in HOSA!

I am sad that this report is over and hoping that you will get back to the fort soon so we will have another report to read. Its almost like your civic duty to provide trip reports to the masses on fortfiends!!!!

Heidi

- Mickey Mouse, dressed in his full Davy Crockett gear, and carrying a musket, riding above the Fort in a hot air balloon.

Was he shooting at anything? Now that would be something to see.

Thanks for taking us along on yet another of your great adventures.

And a big congratulations to the TCD twins, I am sure you and Mrs. TCD are very proud of them!

Congratulations to your girls!!!

And maybe the guy with the ice just had hot feet. You know, as in "I hot footed it out of there!"

:rofl2:

Hey, that's pretty funny!

No matter how you look at it, the guy is clearly some kind of genius.

TCD,

CONGRATS to the twins!!!!!!!

Guess what? ??? I was in HOSA back in 1984 and 1985!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a GREAT program and I learned so much!!!! My high school had a vo-tech program with various classes, HOSA being one of them. You had to apply to be in the program and be accepted. The class took up two periods and was taught by two former nurses. I havent thought about that class/group for years!! It was like a blast from the past to read that the twins are in HOSA!

I am sad that this report is over and hoping that you will get back to the fort soon so we will have another report to read. Its almost like your civic duty to provide trip reports to the masses on fortfiends!!!!

Heidi

That is cool that you were involved with HOSA.

It has been a great thing for the girls to be involved in. My older daughter also attended the magnet high school and was in HOSA. The program is great, and the girls have learned a lot of things that will serve them well later in life, whether they pursue a career in the medical field or not.

Was he shooting at anything? Now that would be something to see.

Thanks for taking us along on yet another of your great adventures.

And a big congratulations to the TCD twins, I am sure you and Mrs. TCD are very proud of them!

Yes, he was shooting at turkeys. That may explain why I saw so few on this trip.

Thanks for the congrats.

I've spent enough time around you to know that you have a very large hand in their upbringing and their successes.

I also suspect you have played a big role in the development of Twin #1's mischievous side.

I do take credit for the mischievous side.

Love your TRs! Helps make us feel like we are there already. We are due to arrive in a little over a week.

Congrats to the Twins- what an accomplishment!

Just over a week?

That's great.

You picked a great time to visit. The weather should be nice, and it is a not so busy time after spring break and Easter and before school lets out.

TCD

I promised Marty some baby cardinal photos.

And I always deliver.

And, these are somewhat related to this trip.

When we got home from this trip, Mrs. TCD told us that she had noticed that a cardinal had built a nest in a bush right outside of our bedroom window, and that there were now four eggs in it!

The mama cardinal sat on those eggs for the past couple of weeks, and then on Monday of this week, we saw this:

cardinals1.jpg

Photo credit goes to Twin #1 on all of these photos.

This was the situation on Wednesday:

cardinals3.jpg

cardinals2.jpg

Both the mama and papa bird have been feeding the babies, who always seem to be there with their mouths open.

Just this morning, it looks like the babies have more feathers.

So far, so good.

I will post some more update photos if Twin #1 is able to get them.

TCD

I saw Fantasmic for the first time this trip and liked it, so count me in that club.

Hmmm. Another "normal" person.

Lou will be thrilled.

Thank you for the cardinal photos!! My dc and i really enjoyed them. That was also our mini-science lesson for the day. ;)

Too bad you live so far away. Otherwise I would send Mrs. TCD up there to give your kids a science lesson. She used to teach a unit to her preschool class involving hatching baby chicks. But, this year she decided not to do it, because it has been hard to find a place to send the chickens to live after they outgrow the chick phase. Then this cardinal showed up as if on cue. She has been bringing photos in to her class to update them. It really is an amazing thing to watch.

TCD

Yes, he was shooting at turkeys. That may explain why I saw so few on this trip.

The mental image of this made me laugh. It reminded me that I just recently watched an old vhs of my college trip to the fort back in 1988 (I was actually burning it on to a dvd). But in a few spots we were videotaping chickens and I think a rooster wandering around the place. I know the peacocks are long gone but are there still chickens (and roosters)?

Nice pics on the baby birds :D

Thank you for the trip report. Yours have always been my favorite. I knew all the fiends had dissappeared from the other place and missed their posts but didn't realise this site existed until someone on the Airstream forums mentioned it. I'm very excited to start reading them again.

2 admissions -

My trailer is still in the same spot 4 years later but will make it to the Ft one way or another this year!

I have never seen Fantasmic. Love Disney, but hate crowds. I know that is like oil and water, but we go during slow times and stay out of MGM on Fantasmic nights.