Hello from the Fort!

Hey y'all! Decided to check in and post a mini live trip report of our adventures thus far :wave1:

Well, we finally made it down here late Friday night... what an adventure that drive was!!! What should have been a 14 hour- ish drive ended up being 20+ hours cause my lovely truck decided to die on us just as we hit Jacksonville!!! Luckily, a good friend of ours was nearby and able to pick us up at Pep Boys and we spent the 4 hours at his house while they replaced our fuel pump. filter and lines :banghead:

So we get here, check in, and they put us back in 2002- which with Misty, we can't stay in they tell us, but there are no other sites available for Friday night. So they let us stay there for the night. We pick up our cart that we rented from Kenny, which he had to leave at someone elses site since we were so late... set up and crashed...

Saturday we were able to move over to 1520, so here we are... since the truck repairs cost a small fortune, we weren't able to get park tickets, so this has turned into a Fort only trip, which is cool to cause we can kick back and relax and just enjoy ourselves.

Yesterday was Misty's first adventure looping on the golf cart. She really seemed to like it too. We drove around and saw a few Snarky signs, but no one was home. . Though we did see Donnie while we were setting up- the first time :waycool: Last night Matt got to try out his new projector and played some movies for the kids, then was running around the Fort causing trouble, I'm sure :popo:

The rest of the trip will probably just be more of the same... pool, kids playing at the beach and playgrounds, golf cart rides and what not :jumpforjoy but just wanted to drop by and say Hi!

We were there last week and didn't do any parks. Too crazy and crowded! Plus my husband wasn't there for most of our stay and I can't do it by myself! But it ended up being one of our best stays at FW ever!! We did go to DTD (free!) to play at the Lego store and listen to some live music, and visited a couple other resorts for a change of scenery a couple of times - the FW pool was so crowded and frankly, gross! Rode the boats for free, rode the monorail, stuff like that. Also went off property to do putt putt for like 8 bucks one time.

PS: about the pet/no pet issue - we were in a supposed "non-pet" loop last week and 3 of our next door neighbors had dogs. So evidently, this isn't being enforced AT ALL. Nor is the kids driving golf carts rule, or the # of persons per site rule.

PS: about the pet/no pet issue - we were in a supposed "non-pet" loop last week and 3 of our next door neighbors had dogs. So evidently, this isn't being enforced AT ALL. Nor is the kids driving golf carts rule, or the # of persons per site rule.

There's a chance because it was a busy week, that Disney actually put pet people in a non-pet loop. They do that sometimes. Of course there are also people that sneak pets in so could be either was the case.

The Fort has gotten somewhat better about the kids driving carts issue, but it's still hit or miss.

From the sounds of it (your account and in TCD's trip report) sounds like during Spring Break all bets are off with the 10 max per site rule.

TiggnTaz

Sorry about your troubles coming down. Glad you were able to continue onto the Fort. My family and actually waved and yelled at you on the 2002 site about your popup being a Utah and ours a Bayside. I believe Donnie had stopped to see you then too. If I had known it was you we would have stopped and talked, we were on our way to a late night park run.

We also had traded posts on the other site, about a month ago. I am now banned there for the spike question I posted. No sleep lost over that one. We really appreciate the videos you took.

We noticed on the 2000 loop that week there were at least 4 sites with small dogs. When we came back from a park one night security had responded to one that had left their dog in the tent and when he fireworks were going off it barked the whole time. I think they were only there a couple of nights. Makes little difference to us but there were some campers giving the security people the what for about it.

Well, we made it home yesterday... I always hate leaving the Fort, which is why we extended our trip 2 more days and instead of leaving Thursday we checked out on Saturday :P

We had an awesome week, the weather was wonderful. We did see Donnie on Friday night and YENSID, Donnie mentioned that was you, but we didnt know what site you were on or would've stopped back by to chat.

ImDownWithDisney, its not too bad... we shift drive, start out about 8pm so the kids sleep most of the drive, food and potty breaks when we fuel up and set the cruise at about 70... we've made the drive so many times when we lived in St. Augustine to visit family up here, the boys are pretty much used to the routine of it all...

Carol, not sure... they always used to put us in 1500 with Huggs so I didn't think anything of it when they moved us there.

The boys and I didnt really care about missing out on the parks, we've been there tons anyway. We did have complimentary passes for the waterpark, so one day we went over to Blizzard Beach with Ms Gus's girls and the kids had a blast over there.

Pretty much every night the boys had a movie on while we got dinner ready and then another after the campfire with the girls for S'mores... I think that was their favorite part- having the movie screen and whatnot right there and being able to pick what they wanted to see each night.

Wednesday was a little too exciting for us when Nick decided that he was going to get lost on us for a mere 6 1/2 hours... He was with his brother at the pool, I talked to him at 12:30, when we got there at 1, he was gone and so was his bike. We had 3 carts out looking, Fort security was then brought in after an hour and a half, at about 2 1/2 hours they called in WDW security and at 5 hours Orange County was called in. No one could find him or his bike. Transportation was notified, they were doing perimeter searches on the lake, checking all the back trails and river country... I even was given permission to break the "golf cart rules" and drive any trails where I thought he may have ridden his bike... nothing... Just after 6:30 as we were talking to the two Deputies that came out, here comes Nicky riding his bike down to our site wondering what all the excitement is about... turns out he made a friend at the pool (shocked, my nicky???? wow) and was over at his RV playing xbox... "sorry mom, i didnt mean to leave my phone at the pool." OMG... yeah, so after that day, I convinced Matt we needed to stay...

But apparently the entire 1500 loop was booked for the weekend so we moved (again) over to the 1700 loop for the rest of our trip, which was just fine with the boys cause they were even closer to "the girls site" and could play with "white boxer" more. :rofl2: I swear Matty still turns bright red when we say he has a girlfriend...

All in all it was a great trip, I could've done without the drama but made me thankful to know that I could rely on my friends :bighug:

And as hard as it was to leave, at least I know I'll be back in June :wave1: