Camping etiquette - If a fiend came knocking...

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I call new members, victims, targets of harassment, fresh meat.

No problem knocking on our door, if the GC and truck are there we usually are too. And remember if the MH is rockin "RUN LIKE HELL" we're having an earthquake. :rofl3:

honestly, the way Fiends stay out at night and gab, gossip and talk, I find it hard to believe anyone would be up at 7am :rofl2:

You are absolutely right Gwen. I say we start a petition. We really need Dave, Mo, Carol, Stef and everybody else to play at the fort with us on the fiends high holy day... it's a dirty job but somebody's gotta do it.

You are absolutely right Gwen. I say we start a petition. We really need Dave, Mo, Carol, Stef and everybody else to play at the fort with us on the fiends high holy day... it's a dirty job but somebody's gotta do it.

First we need to petition the lottery commission so I can quit my job and make this happen.

If I'm there you can come with us we go out every night looking for Deer and every moring looking for TCD

:rofl2:

We've unfortunately never gotten around to getting the official sign (bad on us), but look for a purple flamingo photo with the FreshlyBarked name on it at our site and if we are out, sure stop in and say hello. We sometimes don't spend lots of site time (out at pool or riding bikes or walking dogs), but we like meeting people. I love to sit in the afternoon with a cold beverage and while away a little time.

Speaking of Stef, OldeKoot shops for Jr Petite sizes

Me too, or in the kids if I find something I like. Kids clothes are cheaper.

Thanks guys, I would have loved to be there for Halloween, but just got too many other plans around that time. As much as I would like to vacation every week, we do have to run our businesses a little bit in between. ;)

would you consider it an intrusion?

I was under the impression that campers enjoyed saying hello to their neighbors but have been told that some feel it's an intrusion. I'm not talking about an unexpected extended visit, but rather a 5 minute pop-by to say "Hi - how are you" when you see a fiend you know. Not at dinnertime, or at night, of course but in the middle of the day. Also, if you have/haven't met the visitors

It is perfectly fine to stop by and say hello. But it is not okay fly into someone's site with your car and introduce your extended family when you really do not know the person your visiting yourself. No one should have to tell another adult that they feel they are being intruded on. If it has gotten to that point then maybe it is just wise to leave well enough alone and not visit any more. We all have to keep in mind that not everyone is a social butterfly. It's just like drinking..... some do it socially, some are drunks and some don't drink at all. I love to have visitors but yes there are times when I am out with the family and choose not to be bothered. I go by a rule of thumb.... if it's not a grand gathering, planned event, or there is no sign I will leave that fellow camper alone or just drive by wave to say hello.

wow.

FTR this thread was not started about any specific person. It was meant to be a very general question like the "who hugs - who doesn't" thread.

Obviously there has been a misunderstanding. I cannot apologize enough to anyone who took this personally.

I have truly enjoyed meeting all the fiends I've met at the fort and beyond. Vacations are expensive and we all look forward to them for a long time. I would never want to make anyone uncomfortable, anywhere, for any reason, least of all in my happy place. That's just not me. I don't do drama. I take everyone for who they are and naturally assume the best. I've experienced a lot over the years and it just makes my life easier that way. Hopefully this post will officially set the record straight.

wow.

FTR this thread was not started about any specific person. It was meant to be a very general question like the "who hugs - who doesn't" thread.

Obviously there has been a misunderstanding. I cannot apologize enough to anyone who took this personally.

I have truly enjoyed meeting all the fiends I've met at the fort and beyond. Vacations are expensive and we all look forward to them for a long time. I would never want to make anyone uncomfortable, anywhere, for any reason, least of all in my happy place. That's just not me. I don't do drama. I take everyone for who they are and naturally assume the best. I've experienced a lot over the years and it just makes my life easier that way. Hopefully this post will officially set the record straight.

look at you! Always starting some! This might hurt your chance in the adoption process.....

look at you! Always starting some! This might hurt your chance in the adoption process.....

:rofl3: don't bet on it there you shameless rebel... hehehe... obviously I really need the gentle guidance of a mother badly right now... :raspberry:

oops, think maybe you've confused Ma with Mama, Aaron. At the moment we're vying for Rita's mama. It won't be long before we're bickering over GlitterMa too though. Just give us a few more minutes... :rollercoaster:

My bad Pam.....still learning the ins and outs of things here. Don't be confused just because I have over 2300 posts. I have only been here for two months. :rofl2: Thanks for setting me straight!

And quilting/shmilting Nicki, I will invest in lots of rum! :wave1:

Ha! I will hide the rum you invest in.